Sunbeam Verve 62 Urban SR6250

Sunbeam Verve 62 Urban SR6250 (page 2 of 3)

MPNs: 1923 and SR6250

• Product is used
  • Safety
Azza
AzzaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Doesn't work straight out of the box

Well i bought this today to replace my faithful $12 bilo iron that served me for close to 10 years until I dropped it on the slate floor! Thinking I'd spent four times the money i was expecting this to be a reasonable iron. As it turned out the steam shot and spray function didn't work out the box and then one of the buttons fell off, had no choice but to use tonight and it dribbles as well. Surely they've been making irons for long enough to make one that can make it through the warranty period?

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Graham.
Graham.South East Queensland, QLD

Very poorly made.

Two years old and the steam and spray buttoms on top have popped out. Not a very safe or reliable iron to use. Can't use steam function now as the steam button won't stay in nor can we use the spray function because the spray button won't stay in.

Date PurchasedJune 2015
Sharon
SharonSydney

Breaking Plastic Tab to Water Inlet Cover - TWICE

This is the second time we have purchased this iron. First time (was probably the previous model) we had it for quite some years with no problems, however the plastic tab that locks the water inlet door in place broke off then lead to extreme water leakage. All OK at the time - assumed plastic had broken down after length of time we've owned it. After 8 weeks of owning this current iron, same thing has happened again - broken plastic tab to lock water inlet door and once again - water leakage - only after 8 WEEKS!!!

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Irons & Steam Generators

Find out how Sunbeam Verve 62 Urban SR6250 compares to other Irons & Steam Generators

Dyllon
Dyllon

Absolutely Horrible

I purchased this iron for my wife and its been horrible. I wish I hadn't have lost the receipt as I would have retuned this straight away. Now we are stuck with this useless appliance. The only way to stop the leaking is not to put water but then it doesn't get hot enough. All I can say is this the last Sunbeam appliance we ever buy. Aren't companies suppose to test their products before putting them onto the market???? Obviously does not say much for your product testing does it?

Date PurchasedJuly 2016

Disappointed with this iron

My iron has incontinence ! Keeps leaking ! Even put it up on the highest settings, steam settings, water level and still keeps leaving water marks. Only bought it in March 2015 only 16 months old thought it would last a bit longer. I've always had a sunbeam iron :-(

Great thank you will do

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Initially very happy but now very disappointed

I had no idea others were having the same problem as I have had with this iron until I did a random search tonight. I am so disappointed with this iron that started out so well. It continually leaves streaks of water on my clothes no matter what I do in terms of water level or steam settings. Very, very disappointed.

Very Happy With Purchase

Purchased Verve 62 Urban in late February. Noted "very leaky" comments online. On initial use it did leak badly. Then read the instructions and noted the different steam levels for different heat settings including no steam (dry). Once the heat settings were matched with the steam settings - no more leaks (none!). Found Max Steam setting excellent and reliable when needed. For us It has turned out to be a very good middle of the road iron. Recommended.

Leaks

This iron is awful. Paid good money for it. Loved my old ultra 5800. Never had any issues with it. This one Leaks all over the clothes bring back the ultra 5800. Don't think it's getting hot enough. Would love to if I could pick up an older one from somewhere

Not again.
Not again.Gotham

Rubbish

Don't buy this.
Doesn't heat up enough to for linen or even some cotton shirts.
Leaks a lot
Hardly any steam

It says
No Drip.....no it leaks a lot
Extreme Shot.....nope, hardly any steam and leaks more.
2400W......don't know where the power goes but not on heat or steam.

Try another brand.

Maggie
MaggieSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great iron

Chris H
Chris HSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst iron I've ever owned. Rubbish!

Piddling product

DaniTheGirl
DaniTheGirlAU

Horrible

I've had this iron less than a year and it's leaking water all over the place and the steam doesn't work properly anymore. It's the second sunbeam iron I've had and the other model was the same after a while. Every sunbeam product I've ever bought has been defective in some way so never again.

bigchick
bigchickLara

Buyer beware...

Bought to replace an old faithful, has leaked since day 1,regardless of heat setting. I spend more time drying the water spots than I do ironing the clothes... It's still under warranty but I'm replacing it tomorrow and it won't be with a Sunbeam!!

Gorky
Gorky

Leaking and messy

Used it for a year. It was leaking and dripping water all over the place since day 1 but after a year of use steam is not an option any more as water is kind of flowing. Heat is ok. Bottom is peeling.

See all Sunbeam Verve Platinum reviews