MPNs: 1923 and SR6250

• Product is used
  • Safety
IanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

This product is not worth buying.

I purchased one of these irons and within 3 months (1) the clip that closes the water compartment had broken (which resulted in a lot of water dripping onto my clothes while ironing) and (2) the iron soleplate temperature ran hot and cold. I returned the iron to the retailer where I purchased it from who (under warranty) exchanged the iron with the same product. Around 3 months later the clip has not broken but the iron soleplate is now running hot and cold. Rather than take the iron back to the retailer for another exchange iron I have placed it into the bin and have purchased another brand of iron.
MONEY DOWN THE DRAIN...!

Purchased in October 2018 for $69.00.

Customer CareSunbeam
zooter
zooterMelbourne

Rubbish, Leaks and burns clothes

Initially it looked good, but then slowly within a few months, it started leaking, burning clothes etc. on high heat. If on low heat, it doesn't iron at all. Even after ironing for 15 minutes it just doesn't get the creases out!

Purchased in January 2019.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi zooter, maybe there is a problem with the thermostat. Please return to store or give us a call on 1300 881 861 to assist you.

Button popped out.

The iron was running fine but unfortunately I had the same experience. Button popped out and now it is useless. I had for six months and it can't be fixed. I am really frustrated with this product easy to break down. Definitely I will never buy this brand again. Didn't last long at all

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Irons & Steam Generators

Find out how Sunbeam Verve 62 Urban SR6250 compares to other Irons & Steam Generators

Flynny
FlynnyCairns

Waste of money

Had Sunbeam before & was happy so bought this model. The steam button popped out after 18 months sparing use. It is now unusable as water gushed out the bottom at random moments. It felt unsafe to use. It is now out of guarantee period but I will not be buying another Sunbeam iron.

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Azza
AzzaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Doesn't work straight out of the box

Well i bought this today to replace my faithful $12 bilo iron that served me for close to 10 years until I dropped it on the slate floor! Thinking I'd spent four times the money i was expecting this to be a reasonable iron. As it turned out the steam shot and spray function didn't work out the box and then one of the buttons fell off, had no choice but to use tonight and it dribbles as well. Surely they've been making irons for long enough to make one that can make it through the warranty period?

Date PurchasedJune 2017

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Graham.
Graham.South East Queensland, QLD

Very poorly made.

Two years old and the steam and spray buttoms on top have popped out. Not a very safe or reliable iron to use. Can't use steam function now as the steam button won't stay in nor can we use the spray function because the spray button won't stay in.

Date PurchasedJune 2015
Dyllon
Dyllon

Absolutely Horrible

I purchased this iron for my wife and its been horrible. I wish I hadn't have lost the receipt as I would have retuned this straight away. Now we are stuck with this useless appliance. The only way to stop the leaking is not to put water but then it doesn't get hot enough. All I can say is this the last Sunbeam appliance we ever buy. Aren't companies suppose to test their products before putting them onto the market???? Obviously does not say much for your product testing does it?

Date PurchasedJuly 2016

Leaks

This iron is awful. Paid good money for it. Loved my old ultra 5800. Never had any issues with it. This one Leaks all over the clothes bring back the ultra 5800. Don't think it's getting hot enough. Would love to if I could pick up an older one from somewhere

Brendan K.Sunbeam
Not again.
Not again.Gotham

Rubbish

Don't buy this.
Doesn't heat up enough to for linen or even some cotton shirts.
Leaks a lot
Hardly any steam

It says
No Drip.....no it leaks a lot
Extreme Shot.....nope, hardly any steam and leaks more.
2400W......don't know where the power goes but not on heat or steam.

Try another brand.

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Chris H
Chris HSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst iron I've ever owned. Rubbish!

Piddling product

DaniTheGirl
DaniTheGirlAU

Horrible

I've had this iron less than a year and it's leaking water all over the place and the steam doesn't work properly anymore. It's the second sunbeam iron I've had and the other model was the same after a while. Every sunbeam product I've ever bought has been defective in some way so never again.

bigchick
bigchickLara

Buyer beware...

Bought to replace an old faithful, has leaked since day 1,regardless of heat setting. I spend more time drying the water spots than I do ironing the clothes... It's still under warranty but I'm replacing it tomorrow and it won't be with a Sunbeam!!

grrahul
grrahulSydney

Terrible, leaks all over the clothes

We bought this iron from our local KMart in Parramatta about 2 months ago. Today, for the first time I used it and was shocked when it began leaking water all over my clothes. My wife told me she had been having the same experience so she did not fill any water in it. I paid 59 bucks and thought I was purchasing a quality product but I was wrong. My house mate's abode iron (looks like some much cheaper iron) works much better. Back to the store it goes and never another sun beam product again!

It Leaks very messy

My wife purchased this Iron from Myers in Melbourne in June 2013
It leaked terribly so we returned it in July & it was replaced
The new one also leaked but at first, not as bad as the previous one.
Now as soon as I try and use steam, water pours out
It is virtually unusable leaking water all over clothes leaving marks
From the reviews this is obviously a fault in the no drip system
I will try and return it again but I will not be buying another Sunbeam

It leaks