MPNs: 1923 and SR6250

• Safety
Fabius
FabiusSydney, NSW

Good but not excellent

The iron working good but it breaks easily.
I've changed two times: the first time the iron plate was ruined immediately, and the second time it stops to work the steam.

fizzwizz
fizzwizzHobart, TAS

Not the usual sunbeam quality

Initially very happy with the iron and have always had sunbeam. After a few months it started leaking and now leaks every time used to the point were there would be 3-4 large leaks on one side of a shirt front. As I sew, quilt and iron most garments, I am using the iron every week. I will return to store of purchase and give sunbeam another chance.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for $65.00.

Customer CareSunbeam

Hello fizzwizz,
Sorry to hear about this, however all our irons come with a 2 year warranty so you can be sure that you are getting what you want, what you expect and plenty of time to test the product too.

IanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

This product is not worth buying.

I purchased one of these irons and within 3 months (1) the clip that closes the water compartment had broken (which resulted in a lot of water dripping onto my clothes while ironing) and (2) the iron soleplate temperature ran hot and cold. I returned the iron to the retailer where I purchased it from who (under warranty) exchanged the iron with the same product. Around 3 months later the clip has not broken but the iron soleplate is now running hot and cold. Rather than take the iron back to the retailer for another exchange iron I have placed it into the bin and have purchased another brand of iron.
MONEY DOWN THE DRAIN...!

Purchased in October 2018 for $69.00.

Customer CareSunbeam
Irons & Steam Generators

Find out how Sunbeam Verve 62 Urban SR6250 compares to other Irons & Steam Generators

zooter
zooterMelbourne

Rubbish, Leaks and burns clothes

Initially it looked good, but then slowly within a few months, it started leaking, burning clothes etc. on high heat. If on low heat, it doesn't iron at all. Even after ironing for 15 minutes it just doesn't get the creases out!

Purchased in January 2019.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi zooter, maybe there is a problem with the thermostat. Please return to store or give us a call on 1300 881 861 to assist you.

Herman
HermanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Can't fault it

This iron can be summed as completely average. It heats up to medium in about ten minutes. It effectively sprays steam. The water spray comes out from the front and does what it needs to do. The power cable is braided, and out the box it comes with a small cup for filling the iron with water. The amount of water it holds is sufficient enough for a small family load of clothes. Not incredibly powerful, but for how cheap it is, there's really not much faulting it.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Herman, it is an all round great iron for the price and ticks most boxes without going overboard on the spending, I agree. Thanks for posting..

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Smoog
SmoogPerth, WA

Okay, does its job.

I needed an iron but didn't want to spend too much. I bought one of these from Kmart as it was on special. So far I have not had an issue with it. It does what it's designed for. It's not a heavy duty iron so I find for badly creased clothing I need to go over several times to smooth away the creases. A tad annoying but for the price I paid, I certainly cannot complain. I've had mine for just over a year and it still works perfectly.
If you want a cheap iron that does the job, this is a good option.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Button popped out.

The iron was running fine but unfortunately I had the same experience. Button popped out and now it is useless. I had for six months and it can't be fixed. I am really frustrated with this product easy to break down. Definitely I will never buy this brand again. Didn't last long at all

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Flynny
FlynnyCairns

Waste of money

Had Sunbeam before & was happy so bought this model. The steam button popped out after 18 months sparing use. It is now unusable as water gushed out the bottom at random moments. It felt unsafe to use. It is now out of guarantee period but I will not be buying another Sunbeam iron.

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Azza
AzzaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Doesn't work straight out of the box

Well i bought this today to replace my faithful $12 bilo iron that served me for close to 10 years until I dropped it on the slate floor! Thinking I'd spent four times the money i was expecting this to be a reasonable iron. As it turned out the steam shot and spray function didn't work out the box and then one of the buttons fell off, had no choice but to use tonight and it dribbles as well. Surely they've been making irons for long enough to make one that can make it through the warranty period?

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Graham.
Graham.South East Queensland, QLD

Very poorly made.

Two years old and the steam and spray buttoms on top have popped out. Not a very safe or reliable iron to use. Can't use steam function now as the steam button won't stay in nor can we use the spray function because the spray button won't stay in.

Date PurchasedJune 2015
Sharon
SharonSydney

Breaking Plastic Tab to Water Inlet Cover - TWICE

This is the second time we have purchased this iron. First time (was probably the previous model) we had it for quite some years with no problems, however the plastic tab that locks the water inlet door in place broke off then lead to extreme water leakage. All OK at the time - assumed plastic had broken down after length of time we've owned it. After 8 weeks of owning this current iron, same thing has happened again - broken plastic tab to lock water inlet door and once again - water leakage - only after 8 WEEKS!!!

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Dyllon
Dyllon

Absolutely Horrible

I purchased this iron for my wife and its been horrible. I wish I hadn't have lost the receipt as I would have retuned this straight away. Now we are stuck with this useless appliance. The only way to stop the leaking is not to put water but then it doesn't get hot enough. All I can say is this the last Sunbeam appliance we ever buy. Aren't companies suppose to test their products before putting them onto the market???? Obviously does not say much for your product testing does it?

Date PurchasedJuly 2016

Leaks

This iron is awful. Paid good money for it. Loved my old ultra 5800. Never had any issues with it. This one Leaks all over the clothes bring back the ultra 5800. Don't think it's getting hot enough. Would love to if I could pick up an older one from somewhere

Brendan K.Sunbeam
Not again.
Not again.Gotham

Rubbish

Don't buy this.
Doesn't heat up enough to for linen or even some cotton shirts.
Leaks a lot
Hardly any steam

It says
No Drip.....no it leaks a lot
Extreme Shot.....nope, hardly any steam and leaks more.
2400W......don't know where the power goes but not on heat or steam.

Try another brand.

Brendan K.Sunbeam
Chris H
Chris HSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst iron I've ever owned. Rubbish!

See all Sunbeam Verve Platinum reviews