MPNs: 1923 and SR6250

Disappointed with this iron

My iron has incontinence ! Keeps leaking ! Even put it up on the highest settings, steam settings, water level and still keeps leaving water marks. Only bought it in March 2015 only 16 months old thought it would last a bit longer. I've always had a sunbeam iron :-(

Great thank you will do

Initially very happy but now very disappointed

I had no idea others were having the same problem as I have had with this iron until I did a random search tonight. I am so disappointed with this iron that started out so well. It continually leaves streaks of water on my clothes no matter what I do in terms of water level or steam settings. Very, very disappointed.

Gorky
Gorky

Leaking and messy

Used it for a year. It was leaking and dripping water all over the place since day 1 but after a year of use steam is not an option any more as water is kind of flowing. Heat is ok. Bottom is peeling.

Irons & Steam Generators

Find out how Sunbeam Verve 62 Urban SR6250 compares to other Irons & Steam Generators

Sue
SueBrisbane

Do not buy this iron

Hardly a year old when in the space of 2 weeks both the steam and spray buttons broke. It seems a regular occurence with this model and not suprised when you see the small plastic tag that holds the button in place. Contacted customer support as this model has a 2 year warranty, advised them that I had misplaced the purchase receipt and was told as it was still under warranty, to take it back to place of purchase WITH the origanal receipt!!! Thanks for the useless service! Will not be buying Sunbeam again.

Leaking, spray and steam buttons prone to breaking off.

GeoffW1
GeoffW1Sydney, NSW

Another leaky Sunbeam Verve

Sigh - yes, another one. After 18 months it has begun to leak. So we iron the damp area to dry it, but the iron has leaked on the other end of the shirt. We are not using different dial settings either, just the same as always. Dear oh dear.

That gap between the metal sole plate and the plastic case is a bit awkward too. We find it traps buttons and drags them away from the flattened position of the clothing.

It mystifies me why Sunbeam would release a product like this. The word goes around too quickly these days.
Good ergonomics, not too heavy for a small woman
Leaks

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi Geofffwi, could you please contact our Consumer Support Team on 1300 881 861 to discuss further.

Victor
Victor

I've had the same problem with our Verve 62 Platinum iron - it leaks to the point where it is unusable. Obviously a defective product that should have been recalled by Sunbeam.