MPNs: 1923 and SR6250

• Safety
Fabius
FabiusSydney, NSW

Good but not excellent

The iron working good but it breaks easily.
I've changed two times: the first time the iron plate was ruined immediately, and the second time it stops to work the steam.

fizzwizz
fizzwizzHobart, TAS

Not the usual sunbeam quality

Initially very happy with the iron and have always had sunbeam. After a few months it started leaking and now leaks every time used to the point were there would be 3-4 large leaks on one side of a shirt front. As I sew, quilt and iron most garments, I am using the iron every week. I will return to store of purchase and give sunbeam another chance.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for $65.00.

Sunbeam
Customer CareSunbeam

Hello fizzwizz,
Sorry to hear about this, however all our irons come with a 2 year warranty so you can be sure that you are getting what you want, what you expect and plenty of time to test the product too.

Herman
HermanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Can't fault it

This iron can be summed as completely average. It heats up to medium in about ten minutes. It effectively sprays steam. The water spray comes out from the front and does what it needs to do. The power cable is braided, and out the box it comes with a small cup for filling the iron with water. The amount of water it holds is sufficient enough for a small family load of clothes. Not incredibly powerful, but for how cheap it is, there's really not much faulting it.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Sunbeam
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Herman, it is an all round great iron for the price and ticks most boxes without going overboard on the spending, I agree. Thanks for posting..

Irons & Steam Generators

Find out how Sunbeam Verve 62 Urban SR6250 compares to other Irons & Steam Generators

Smoog
SmoogPerth, WA

Okay, does its job.

I needed an iron but didn't want to spend too much. I bought one of these from Kmart as it was on special. So far I have not had an issue with it. It does what it's designed for. It's not a heavy duty iron so I find for badly creased clothing I need to go over several times to smooth away the creases. A tad annoying but for the price I paid, I certainly cannot complain. I've had mine for just over a year and it still works perfectly.
If you want a cheap iron that does the job, this is a good option.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Sharon
SharonSydney

Breaking Plastic Tab to Water Inlet Cover - TWICE

This is the second time we have purchased this iron. First time (was probably the previous model) we had it for quite some years with no problems, however the plastic tab that locks the water inlet door in place broke off then lead to extreme water leakage. All OK at the time - assumed plastic had broken down after length of time we've owned it. After 8 weeks of owning this current iron, same thing has happened again - broken plastic tab to lock water inlet door and once again - water leakage - only after 8 WEEKS!!!

Date PurchasedJan 2017