Sunbeam Verve Platinum SR6550

Sunbeam Verve Platinum SR6550 (page 2 of 2)

Sunbeam crap 65 platinum

Just purchased this iron yesterday, it is a disgrace. Shot of steam takes time to occur after steam button is pushed, leaks water all the time while ironing and the water filler seal leaks. The buttons and water filler cover look very flimsy. Returned for refund today. No more sunbeam products for me. What happened Sunbeam, is you design engineer Donald Duck? If this is the best you can do maybe you should get your products designed in China along with the manufacturing.

Paul Stevenson

Paul StevensonGold Coast

Steam button broke

As per other reviews, one of the steam buttons broke off. The iron is only 18 months old. Not worth the price.

Jo Hawthorne

Jo HawthorneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst iron EVER!!!!!!!!

I purchased a Sunbeam Verve 65 Platinum iron a couple of years ago and while it was still under warranty the steam buttons broke away from the iron. Tried to get it repaired but was told to replace it with a new one which I did last year (2014). Whilst ironing this morning the buttons have broken away from the iron AGAIN!!!!! This iron is rubbish and I won't be replacing it with another Sunbeam. Judging by the amount of reviews which specify the same problem, perhaps Sunbeam should think about recalling this model and going back to the drawing board. Very disappointing.

Irons & Steam Generators

Find out how Sunbeam Verve Platinum SR6550 compares to other Irons & Steam Generators

F Oneda

F OnedaSydney

Leaky Sunbeam Verve 65

Yes, mine leaks/dribbles too with dark flakes in the liquid. Settings are always just between Cotton and Linen with just under full steam. The steam dial is very difficult to turn. Both the shot of steam and spray buttons have broken off despite my never using these features. Just about the worst iron I have ever purchased. Of course, it's out of warranty and I no longer have the docket. Wouldn't matter as I don't want another one or this one serviced. Drove me to distraction that it catches the buttons on shirts.
The long cord
Everything else.

Sunbeam
Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi F Oneda, please contact our Consumer Support Team and we can organise to send the buttons out to you. Our contact is 1300 881 861.

See all Sunbeam Verve Platinum reviews