tanya

tanyaSydney, NSW

not too bad

It is not too bad as what the others said I think, It works normally and okay for me, the water inside doesn't drip everywhere and it glides smoothly. The weight is a little bit heavy but this is not a big problem. I also like the cord, it is quite long.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Sunbeam
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the review Tanya!

KristenK

KristenKsydney

Revising my initial 5/5 down to a 1-2

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Altair

AltairGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Slightly let down, cheap & works ok but I wish I've spent another $50 & bought a better iron....

Pros:
- Cheap and it's heated up quick, sprayed fine.
- Alarm/beeping if it's been idle for a while when it's on (which is great feature for me!)

Cons:
- Leaks/drips water during the ironing & idle (Look others have same problem)
- Steam function is not as good as my other iron (Philips)
- Cheap Plastic knob for the water door - break easily.

Not sure if I'll purchase Sunbeam iron in the future - probably just spend
another $50 to get other brand and be more satisfied with it..

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Irons & Steam Generators

Find out how Sunbeam Verve Platinum SR6550 compares to other Irons & Steam Generators

Raycheller

RaychellerSydney

A disappointment, not good value for money & poor steam function.

Date PurchasedApr 2015
Jim

JimMelbourne

Potential Issues?

Hi All, just bought a Sunbeam Verve 62 Urban and from day 1 it makes this "creeking sound" as you glide along the clothes? I have heard similar sounds when using steam irons at hotels and invariably these irons leak water onto the clothes. The Verve has not done so, as yet, however is this sound "normal"? I look forward to advice from Sunbeam.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Christine

Christine

Didn't last 1 month

After 25+ years of happily using a Sunbeam iron a fraying cord was only reason I had to purchase a replacement selecting a Verve 65. The iron heated up well and spray was fine, however it is heavy and the dial is quickly moved from its setting just by handling the iron. The spray filter came off (broken screw) on its third use and as it's under warranty is being returned. I'm replacing it was a different manufacturer - fingers crossed. I cannot believe that Sunbeam has produced such a disappointing iron.

Date PurchasedSept 2016
Vicki

VickiPort Adelaide

Initially very happy but didn't last long

I found the iron worked really well and I loved the reminder feature of beeping when I walked away and forgot I had left it on. The iron heated quickly and temperature control worked well. I can't find my receipt but feel that it is only just over 12 months old and now it has died. Surely they should last longer than this?

Date PurchasedJan 2015