Sunbeam Verve Platinum SR6585

• Product is used
Hilary W.

Hilary W.Northeast, VIC

not happy

I purchased this iron recently. This iron is difficult to use as the dial is not easy to understand and difficult to see the markings. It often wont turn on even tho the on light illuminates but the temp light does not turn on. The steam does not come out unless the steam spray or shot is pressed.

Purchased in July 2020 at The Good Guys.

Product is used Weekly
Clothing Material Cotton

Splashes water everywhere

This iron splashes so much water onto the items that I am ironing I have to hang them up to dry. I think I'll have to put this in the cupboard as a spare and buy another brand. Unlike my earlier iron the Verve 58 does not beep a warning when left on. I wish I had taken note of that brand as it served me well for many years.

Purchased in June 2018 for A$108.95.

Product is used Weekly
Clothing Material Cotton
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Dave,
Sorry to hear of your issue with the iron. If you have retained your receipt please return it to the store of purchase.

What a let down

I am so glad i checked in to see these reviews, my iron leaks, splutters and leaves great water splodges everywhere, even if I only 1/4 fill it. It is not old, but today I have decided to replace it, I cannot be bothered with it's poor performance any more, and obviously this performance is standard for this iron. Will check out other brands and avoid Sunbeam.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Irons & Steam Generators

Find out how Sunbeam Verve Platinum SR6585 compares to other Irons & Steam Generators

The smoking (gun) iron

Initially we were very pleased with the iron however it did seem to go through a lot of water and need filling often. The problem we have is that suddenly there was smoke emanating from between the sole plate and the body of the iron. . Did submit the details to Sunbeam before warranty ran out but no reply received. Have submitted the details again to-day

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Sole plate melted

This iron has been the worst Sunbeam iron I have used of many in the last 20 years.
I turned it on this afternoon and the sole plate started melting and smoking before my eyes. I am standing outside waiting for it to combust. 20 minutes later and the heat still radiating from it is scary since it is unplugged!! The Teflon is a mound of bubbles. Time to try a new brand!

Robyn

RobynMatamata

Leaking Irons

Having owned a Sunbeam iron for many years I had no hesitation in replacing it with another Sunbeam and purchased a Sunbeam Verve 58. After some months it started started to leak all over the clothes. I made sure it was not overfilled and the steam marker was set to match the temperature, same result. Finally I was so frustrated I wanted to chuck it out the window. Then it started to lose heat, rang Sunbeam who told me to take it back to Farmers and they would replace it. Last weekend I had it replaced and used it for the second time yesterday, guess what leaking as badly as the first one so today it is going back for good. No more Sunbeam irons for me!

Sunbeam disaster

Like other comments on here - this iron is terrible!
It leaks water (which is extremely hot once heated and spits it at you causing burns), it trips our electrical safety switch on a regular basis, ironed clothes come off the board showing residual creases even when ironing very slowly at top heat. It also loses heat and extends my ironing time threefold!

I've had enough and am off to the shops to buy a decent iron!

Not recommended

I have always been a Sunbeem girl, but am afraid you lost me with this last iron. It leaks so bad, and looses heat. I am looking for a better iron, of another brand.

Sunbeam Iron Verve 58

The iron is fine but there it is very very uncomfortable to use ... the shot of steam and water jets are pointy and your hand rests on them so eventually is quite painful. I do not recommend this iron to anyone based on this.

Irons & Steam Generators

ohauitird3Perth, WA

Poor

'Taking feedback very seriously' - NOT

Well so much for the Sunbeam post above - I replied on the 3rd just after they posted, used the specified subject line and 8 days later no reply at all.........
Thats taking feed back very seriously!

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Just good, can't ask for more. Good value for money

Happy to purchase this from Good Guys. It is what I asked for. Good pressure, no dripping, long and good quality cord that does not tangle, picks the heat quickly and easy on fabrics. I loved the design and look
of this iron. Happy to buy this. It has cut my ironing time into half.
Reliable

Tanya32NSW, 2233

You get what you pay for !!

This iron is easy to use. It has all the usual temp settings, is clearly marked, and user friendly. It heats up very quickly, and is farely light to hold when ironing. The water is easy to fill up with the jug it comes with, and it never leaks water on your clothes like some. It has a good steam and water spray option too. Excellent teflon coating stops that "stickin" you can get. Especially handy is the beep that goes off if you leave it on and unused for a short period of time !! :) It will aso turn off if left on for a long time.!!
Safety feature auto turn off if left on, light, teflon coated, excellent quality.
Sometimes you can accidentally alter th temperature setting with you finger when you are ironing. :(

Anna10

Anna10NSW, 2000

Great product. Absolutely nothing to complain about

Warms up quickly. Nice weight - quite light. And does the job well. Ive had bad irons in the past that get too hot and are impossible to use for lengthy periods but this one is just great.
If you want your iron to just be a good iron, Would definitely recommend it!
reliable, worht the money!

ELLABELLA06

ELLABELLA06South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent choice

Sunbeam Verve 58 Platinum 2 irons smoothly and heats up fast and just right. Since it is made up of teflon there is no fabrics that is burned. Perfect settings for every fabrics. It is light weight, easy to use and store.I am very happy to have bought it I think it is a real great value for my money. My old iron was not as good it was too heavy and the water leaks all the time. With my Sunbeam Verve 58 Platinum 2 I havent had any leaking experiences yet and the variable steam output is just perfect for all those hard to iron clothes. I recommend it to all the mums and dads and single people who do their own ironing:)
Light weight and settings