MPN: SR6585

• Product is used
Hilary W.Northeast, VIC

not happy

I purchased this iron recently. This iron is difficult to use as the dial is not easy to understand and difficult to see the markings. It often wont turn on even tho the on light illuminates but the temp light does not turn on. The steam does not come out unless the steam spray or shot is pressed.

Purchased in July 2020 at The Good Guys.

Hilary W.

Just an update. The iron had several faults and was replaced by Good Guys. I am very happy with the replacement.

Splashes water everywhere

This iron splashes so much water onto the items that I am ironing I have to hang them up to dry. I think I'll have to put this in the cupboard as a spare and buy another brand. Unlike my earlier iron the Verve 58 does not beep a warning when left on. I wish I had taken note of that brand as it served me well for many years.

Purchased in June 2018 for $108.95.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Dave,
Sorry to hear of your issue with the iron. If you have retained your receipt please return it to the store of purchase.

What a let down

I am so glad i checked in to see these reviews, my iron leaks, splutters and leaves great water splodges everywhere, even if I only 1/4 fill it. It is not old, but today I have decided to replace it, I cannot be bothered with it's poor performance any more, and obviously this performance is standard for this iron. Will check out other brands and avoid Sunbeam.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Irons & Steam Generators

Find out how Sunbeam Verve Platinum SR6585 compares to other Irons & Steam Generators

Robyn
RobynMatamata

Leaking Irons

Having owned a Sunbeam iron for many years I had no hesitation in replacing it with another Sunbeam and purchased a Sunbeam Verve 58. After some months it started started to leak all over the clothes. I made sure it was not overfilled and the steam marker was set to match the temperature, same result. Finally I was so frustrated I wanted to chuck it out the window. Then it started to lose heat, rang Sunbeam who told me to take it back to Farmers and they would replace it. Last weekend I had it replaced and used it for the second time yesterday, guess what leaking as badly as the first one so today it is going back for good. No more Sunbeam irons for me!

Sunbeam disaster

Like other comments on here - this iron is terrible!
It leaks water (which is extremely hot once heated and spits it at you causing burns), it trips our electrical safety switch on a regular basis, ironed clothes come off the board showing residual creases even when ironing very slowly at top heat. It also loses heat and extends my ironing time threefold!

I've had enough and am off to the shops to buy a decent iron!

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Not recommended

I have always been a Sunbeem girl, but am afraid you lost me with this last iron. It leaks so bad, and looses heat. I am looking for a better iron, of another brand.

ohauitird3Perth, WA

Poor

'Taking feedback very seriously' - NOT

Well so much for the Sunbeam post above - I replied on the 3rd just after they posted, used the specified subject line and 8 days later no reply at all.........
Thats taking feed back very seriously!

See all Sunbeam Verve Platinum reviews

CEC
CECasked
Verve Platinum SR6585

Why when ironing does the alarm start?

Platycat
Platycat

Hi CEC,
My Verve Alarm does not start when I am using, it starts only if left on and not touched for a minute or more and as soon as you start to use again the Alarm stops.

claire2
claire2asked
Verve Platinum SR6585

Does it have a narrow hand grip?

Iron mum
Iron mum

My hands are small and I can easily hold the grip. Standerd grip

Hi claire2,

The circumference of the iron handle (measuring all the way around) is 10 cm which forms a comfortable holding position when ironing.

If you require any further information or have any more questions please contact us using the details below.

Regards,

Sunbeam Customer Service
1300 881 861
customercare@sunbeam.com.au

Tanya32
Tanya32

I am an average size woman and find the grip quite comfortable. You may have to try it yourself in the shops. Goodluck !

See all Sunbeam Verve Platinum questions

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

Compare all 10 Sunbeam Verve Platinum