MPN: SR6585

Sole plate melted

This iron has been the worst Sunbeam iron I have used of many in the last 20 years.
I turned it on this afternoon and the sole plate started melting and smoking before my eyes. I am standing outside waiting for it to combust. 20 minutes later and the heat still radiating from it is scary since it is unplugged!! The Teflon is a mound of bubbles. Time to try a new brand!

Sunbeam
Brendan K.Sunbeam
See all Sunbeam Verve Platinum reviews

CEC
CECasked
Verve Platinum SR6585

Why when ironing does the alarm start?

Platycat
Platycat

Hi CEC,
My Verve Alarm does not start when I am using, it starts only if left on and not touched for a minute or more and as soon as you start to use again the Alarm stops.

claire2
claire2asked
Verve Platinum SR6585

Does it have a narrow hand grip?

Iron mum
Iron mum

My hands are small and I can easily hold the grip. Standerd grip

Sunbeam
Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi claire2,

The circumference of the iron handle (measuring all the way around) is 10 cm which forms a comfortable holding position when ironing.

If you require any further information or have any more questions please contact us using the details below.

Regards,

Sunbeam Customer Service
1300 881 861
customercare@sunbeam.com.au

Tanya32
Tanya32

I am an average size woman and find the grip quite comfortable. You may have to try it yourself in the shops. Goodluck !

See all Sunbeam Verve Platinum questions

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

Compare all 10 Sunbeam Verve Platinum