Sunbeam Verve Platinum

Sunbeam Verve Platinum (page 2 of 6)

SR6250, SR6550, SR6585, etc...

2.2

• Product is used
  • Safety

Bethany

BethanyMILDURA SOUTH

One Hot Iron

I’ve had this babe for over nine months and she has been amazing.
The way she glides over you and makes you feel great is second to none.
So if you have an Iron fetish, Verve 65 is your girl, I'm very happy with it's a great iron for the price. Has all the usual features - temp setting, steam and spray, but also has the beeping sound to tell you it's going to turn itself off soon!

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hahaha!! Thanks for the great feedback Bethany!

Great Iron best I have ever had

its great works well with the steam and gets creases out beautiflly love the heat deal and it glides well on al lthe different fabrics
I don't know why I havent changed my irons to the new versions it makes life easier I actually like ironing now
it has a good warranty as well and is not heavy

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Lina Kennedy!

Lina Kennedy

my pleasure and i am always honest when i do these reviews because I would hate to recommend something that I wouldn't buy myself all good :)

Customer C.Sunbeam

That's what we want people to see and we truly value your feedback...

Grace

Grace

I use this product everyday!

This iron works like a dream! It presses clothes so well, doesn't splatter water all over clean clothes, and cools down quickly! I love that it has the heat sticker, which tells you when the iron is safe to touch anywhere. It also holds a lot of water, which means I am not constantly filling it up!

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Grace!! Glad your enjoying your iron!!

Herman

HermanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Can't fault it

This iron can be summed as completely average. It heats up to medium in about ten minutes. It effectively sprays steam. The water spray comes out from the front and does what it needs to do. The power cable is braided, and out the box it comes with a small cup for filling the iron with water. The amount of water it holds is sufficient enough for a small family load of clothes. Not incredibly powerful, but for how cheap it is, there's really not much faulting it.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Herman, it is an all round great iron for the price and ticks most boxes without going overboard on the spending, I agree. Thanks for posting..

Amiee

AmieeBrisbane

Making ironing easy!!!

I got my sunbeam verve 2 1/2 years ago! Fantastic iron that heats up quickly and irons smooth and removes wrinkles

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Smoog

SmoogPerth, WA

Okay, does its job.

I needed an iron but didn't want to spend too much. I bought one of these from Kmart as it was on special. So far I have not had an issue with it. It does what it's designed for. It's not a heavy duty iron so I find for badly creased clothing I need to go over several times to smooth away the creases. A tad annoying but for the price I paid, I certainly cannot complain. I've had mine for just over a year and it still works perfectly.
If you want a cheap iron that does the job, this is a good option.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Allanah N

Allanah N

This is everything!

I work in hospitality so it is important that my shirts always look neat and not wrinkled, as I am studying I'm always in a rush for work, the sunbeam verve platinum heats up quickly and works amazingly! It leaves my clothes looking great and feeling nice and warm to wear, woild recommend this!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
KristenK

KristenKsydney

Revising my initial 5/5 down to a 1-2

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Lisa B

Lisa BLane Cove

Great steam, irons cotton business shirts really well

Fast heat up, great steam generation, removed all wrinkles with ease on cotton business shirts.
Really a pleasure to use. I just returned a Braun iron TexStyle 7 because it shot steam out the front and burnt me and didn't iron properly.
I have had several sunbeams which have been great. I only had to replace my last sunbeam because I dropped it.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Button popped out.

The iron was running fine but unfortunately I had the same experience. Button popped out and now it is useless. I had for six months and it can't be fixed. I am really frustrated with this product easy to break down. Definitely I will never buy this brand again. Didn't last long at all

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Flynny

FlynnyCairns

Waste of money

Had Sunbeam before & was happy so bought this model. The steam button popped out after 18 months sparing use. It is now unusable as water gushed out the bottom at random moments. It felt unsafe to use. It is now out of guarantee period but I will not be buying another Sunbeam iron.

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Altair

AltairMelbourne

Slightly let down, cheap & works ok but I wish I've spent another $50 & bought a better iron....

Pros:
- Cheap and it's heated up quick, sprayed fine.
- Alarm/beeping if it's been idle for a while when it's on (which is great feature for me!)

Cons:
- Leaks/drips water during the ironing & idle (Look others have same problem)
- Steam function is not as good as my other iron (Philips)
- Cheap Plastic knob for the water door - break easily.

Not sure if I'll purchase Sunbeam iron in the future - probably just spend
another $50 to get other brand and be more satisfied with it..

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Azza

AzzaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Doesn't work straight out of the box

Well i bought this today to replace my faithful $12 bilo iron that served me for close to 10 years until I dropped it on the slate floor! Thinking I'd spent four times the money i was expecting this to be a reasonable iron. As it turned out the steam shot and spray function didn't work out the box and then one of the buttons fell off, had no choice but to use tonight and it dribbles as well. Surely they've been making irons for long enough to make one that can make it through the warranty period?

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Chantal Becker

Chantal BeckerSouth East Queensland, QLD

CHEAPLY MADE

This is the 2nd of these irons I have purchased in the last 12 months, the small plastic knob that locks the water door closed has broken off on BOTH irons, now when ironing I cannot fill past 1/4 full or water leaks out all over the garments. Cheaply made, I won't be buying another, I've learned my lesson.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Graham.

Graham.AU

Very poorly made.

Two years old and the steam and spray buttoms on top have popped out. Not a very safe or reliable iron to use. Can't use steam function now as the steam button won't stay in nor can we use the spray function because the spray button won't stay in.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Find out how Sunbeam Verve Platinum compares to other Irons & Steam Generators

Disappointed - supposed to no drip- drips constantly

Purchased this model to replace my old sunbeam iron. This model drips on my clothes, I first thought it was faulty and returned it to the store. The buttons on the spray and water functions lift off too easily and kept coming off. The replacement one did the same thing.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
terracan

terracanCoolum Beach, Queensland

Caught fire

Always dribbles from front of tank. Do not know why it would somtimes throw earth leakage switch. While ironing today acrid smoke started spewing out with the iron melting internally and while power still on it seperated I was in danger Poisonous gasses filled the house till I could get it out the door The iron was in the correct working order at the time.

Date PurchasedAug 2014
Sharon

SharonSydney

Breaking Plastic Tab to Water Inlet Cover - TWICE

This is the second time we have purchased this iron. First time (was probably the previous model) we had it for quite some years with no problems, however the plastic tab that locks the water inlet door in place broke off then lead to extreme water leakage. All OK at the time - assumed plastic had broken down after length of time we've owned it. After 8 weeks of owning this current iron, same thing has happened again - broken plastic tab to lock water inlet door and once again - water leakage - only after 8 WEEKS!!!

Date PurchasedJan 2017

What a let down

I am so glad i checked in to see these reviews, my iron leaks, splutters and leaves great water splodges everywhere, even if I only 1/4 fill it. It is not old, but today I have decided to replace it, I cannot be bothered with it's poor performance any more, and obviously this performance is standard for this iron. Will check out other brands and avoid Sunbeam.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Raycheller

RaychellerSydney

A disappointment, not good value for money & poor steam function.

Date PurchasedApr 2015