Sunbeam Verve Platinum

Sunbeam Verve Platinum (page 3 of 6)

SR6250, SR6550, SR6585, etc...

2.2

• Product is used
  • Safety

Jim

JimMelbourne

Potential Issues?

Hi All, just bought a Sunbeam Verve 62 Urban and from day 1 it makes this "creeking sound" as you glide along the clothes? I have heard similar sounds when using steam irons at hotels and invariably these irons leak water onto the clothes. The Verve has not done so, as yet, however is this sound "normal"? I look forward to advice from Sunbeam.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Dyllon

Dyllon

Absolutely Horrible

I purchased this iron for my wife and its been horrible. I wish I hadn't have lost the receipt as I would have retuned this straight away. Now we are stuck with this useless appliance. The only way to stop the leaking is not to put water but then it doesn't get hot enough. All I can say is this the last Sunbeam appliance we ever buy. Aren't companies suppose to test their products before putting them onto the market???? Obviously does not say much for your product testing does it?

Date PurchasedJul 2016

The smoking (gun) iron

Initially we were very pleased with the iron however it did seem to go through a lot of water and need filling often. The problem we have is that suddenly there was smoke emanating from between the sole plate and the body of the iron. . Did submit the details to Sunbeam before warranty ran out but no reply received. Have submitted the details again to-day

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Christine

Christine

Didn't last 1 month

After 25+ years of happily using a Sunbeam iron a fraying cord was only reason I had to purchase a replacement selecting a Verve 65. The iron heated up well and spray was fine, however it is heavy and the dial is quickly moved from its setting just by handling the iron. The spray filter came off (broken screw) on its third use and as it's under warranty is being returned. I'm replacing it was a different manufacturer - fingers crossed. I cannot believe that Sunbeam has produced such a disappointing iron.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

JaejaePerth, WA

Fine at first, but then terrible.

Bought for a reasonable price at Kmart and it worked well for a short while. This iron then began to leak and spit a little.

Now it doesn't heat up, despite the light being 'on'. The heat selection dial seems fine and I can hear the thermostat clicking, but there is absolutely no heat whatsoever. The iron also beeps when it has been sitting without use for a while, so that function also seems fine.

I am very disappointed with this iron. I had my previous Sunbeam iron for close to 20 years. This one lasted just over one year. I don't feel the same way about Sunbeam that I once did.

I think I'll try a different brand of iron now.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Jaejae

I have just dug out my receipt and I made an error. I purchased the iron on 15/04/2014, so it is 2 years and 5 months old. As it is past the 2 year warranty, will Sunbeam replace the iron, or should I bin it?

Jaejae

Sunbeam's customer service has been wonderful. A replacement iron has been organised. Thank you Sunbeam!

Audette83

Audette83Biloela

Really disappointed!

After owning a sunbeam vultura 5500 which I absolutely loved, I purchased this one. It's a pretty iron so was so excited to use it. The noise it makes when sucking in the water for the steam was much too loud for me and on the first use, after 15 mins it was sticking to the clothes.. So I took it back. So disappointed as my last iron was so perfect and lasted me 9 years! I purchased a Philips iron today in hopes its a lot better than the verve 65. Wish I had read some reviews before purchasing. Unfortunately I don't think I'll go back to sunbeam.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Vicki

VickiPort Adelaide

Initially very happy but didn't last long

I found the iron worked really well and I loved the reminder feature of beeping when I walked away and forgot I had left it on. The iron heated quickly and temperature control worked well. I can't find my receipt but feel that it is only just over 12 months old and now it has died. Surely they should last longer than this?

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Great iron

Purchased Verve 65 Platinum today at K-Mart & used first time tonight. That is what I call a steam iron, made ironing my husbands shirt a breeze. Returned my Russell Hobbs iron as steam button kept sticking & hardly any steam. So far so good with this one & nice long cord.

Disappointed with this iron

My iron has incontinence ! Keeps leaking ! Even put it up on the highest settings, steam settings, water level and still keeps leaving water marks. Only bought it in March 2015 only 16 months old thought it would last a bit longer. I've always had a sunbeam iron :-(

Great thank you will do

Sole plate melted

This iron has been the worst Sunbeam iron I have used of many in the last 20 years.
I turned it on this afternoon and the sole plate started melting and smoking before my eyes. I am standing outside waiting for it to combust. 20 minutes later and the heat still radiating from it is scary since it is unplugged!! The Teflon is a mound of bubbles. Time to try a new brand!

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Loyalty to Sunbeam brand exhausted!!

Well I am afraid that I too am very disappointed with this iron. Have always had sunbeam and have always been happy, but not this one I could literally throw it away, yes it leaks all over the place, does not get hot enough and the steam, spray buttons keep falling off. Please renew my faith in (what in mind is) a reliable brand.

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Initially very happy but now very disappointed

I had no idea others were having the same problem as I have had with this iron until I did a random search tonight. I am so disappointed with this iron that started out so well. It continually leaves streaks of water on my clothes no matter what I do in terms of water level or steam settings. Very, very disappointed.

Charlotte

CharlotteBundaberg

Do not buy this product

Very disappointed in this product. It leaks water all over our clothes and the buttons for steam & spray are loose and fell out. We pushed them back in but they keep popping out. We only had this iron for a couple of months but need to throw it away. What a waste of money! Our previous Phillips iron lasted many years and we only had to replace it because it fell & broke. We won't be buying a Sunbeam again.

Very Happy With Purchase

Purchased Verve 62 Urban in late February. Noted "very leaky" comments online. On initial use it did leak badly. Then read the instructions and noted the different steam levels for different heat settings including no steam (dry). Once the heat settings were matched with the steam settings - no more leaks (none!). Found Max Steam setting excellent and reliable when needed. For us It has turned out to be a very good middle of the road iron. Recommended.

Leaks

This iron is awful. Paid good money for it. Loved my old ultra 5800. Never had any issues with it. This one Leaks all over the clothes bring back the ultra 5800. Don't think it's getting hot enough. Would love to if I could pick up an older one from somewhere

Not again.

Not again.Gotham

Rubbish

Don't buy this.
Doesn't heat up enough to for linen or even some cotton shirts.
Leaks a lot
Hardly any steam

It says
No Drip.....no it leaks a lot
Extreme Shot.....nope, hardly any steam and leaks more.
2400W......don't know where the power goes but not on heat or steam.

Try another brand.

Leaking water constantly

This iron wasn't cheap, I can't remember what I paid but I made sure I bought a decent model. It has constantly leaked water and now leaks so much sometimes the water goes on my hand and is really hot. My mother-in-law won't iron for me anymore ever because of the leaking. Going to have to buy a new one but it can't be a Sunbeam, this is the second leaking iron I've bought.

Mal

Mal

Trips The Safety Switch

Thought it was just me. It's not an old iron. Trips the switch so often I have to buy a new iron. I love this iron - it works but I can't buy another one. I've bought more than one but they don't last. The tripping starts after the warranty runs out.

Maggie

MaggieSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great iron

Graton

Graton

Will never buy a Sunbeam iron again!!!

I have three Sunbeam irons and all constantly leak water (and I cannot find/see where from) which increases my ironing time substantially!

Doesn't Sunbeam have any quality control mechanisms with the manufacturer?

I'll certainly be trying other manufacturers (after I have checked their reviews).

Have always thought Sunbeam was a trusted manufacturer!!

See all Sunbeam Verve Platinum reviews