Sunbeam Verve Platinum

Sunbeam Verve Platinum (page 4 of 6)

SR6250, SR6550, SR6585, etc...

2.2

• Product is used
  • Safety

Randall

Randall

Terrible

The buttons for steam brop out. Took it apart to see what was wrong. It is so poorly manufactured it's a wonder it lasted the couple of months that it did last. I have had enough of pushing the buttons back in every 10 minutes. I have always used sunbeam irons but not next time.

Sunbeam
Brendan K.Sunbeam

I do apologise for the experience you have had with the Sunbeam SR6550. Please give our Customer Care team a call on 1300 881 861 and one of our representatives will be more than happy to assist.

The worst iron ever

This iron drips water all the time. It doesn't get hot enough so I have to use it without water. But without steam it's not good enough to remove wrinkles. It's such a terrible, disappointing product I've love to get a new iron but I don't know what might be good.

Worst Iron Ever

Have had Sunbeam irons all my life, I am 72 years old. The shot of steam button keeps falling out EVERYTIME the iron is used. Took it back to store but unfortunately had lost the docket so we are stuck with it. The iron is only about 5 months old. Will have to go and purchase another iron - definitely never a Sunbeam again.

Robyn

RobynMatamata

Leaking Irons

Having owned a Sunbeam iron for many years I had no hesitation in replacing it with another Sunbeam and purchased a Sunbeam Verve 58. After some months it started started to leak all over the clothes. I made sure it was not overfilled and the steam marker was set to match the temperature, same result. Finally I was so frustrated I wanted to chuck it out the window. Then it started to lose heat, rang Sunbeam who told me to take it back to Farmers and they would replace it. Last weekend I had it replaced and used it for the second time yesterday, guess what leaking as badly as the first one so today it is going back for good. No more Sunbeam irons for me!

Chris H

Chris HSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst iron I've ever owned. Rubbish!

Suzzie Q

Suzzie QSydney, NSW

water inlet issue

I have had 2 irons and both of them had the same problem. After a while the lid of the water inlet breaks. There is a little piece of plastic which locks the lid. This is the thing that breaks. Without it locking the water comes out when ironing.

Piddling product

DaniTheGirl

DaniTheGirlAU

Horrible

I've had this iron less than a year and it's leaking water all over the place and the steam doesn't work properly anymore. It's the second sunbeam iron I've had and the other model was the same after a while. Every sunbeam product I've ever bought has been defective in some way so never again.

Kes

KesSydney

No continuous steam and heating is an issue

bigchick

bigchickLara

Buyer beware...

Bought to replace an old faithful, has leaked since day 1,regardless of heat setting. I spend more time drying the water spots than I do ironing the clothes... It's still under warranty but I'm replacing it tomorrow and it won't be with a Sunbeam!!

Gorky

Gorky

Leaking and messy

Used it for a year. It was leaking and dripping water all over the place since day 1 but after a year of use steam is not an option any more as water is kind of flowing. Heat is ok. Bottom is peeling.

Sunbeam crap 65 platinum

Just purchased this iron yesterday, it is a disgrace. Shot of steam takes time to occur after steam button is pushed, leaks water all the time while ironing and the water filler seal leaks. The buttons and water filler cover look very flimsy. Returned for refund today. No more sunbeam products for me. What happened Sunbeam, is you design engineer Donald Duck? If this is the best you can do maybe you should get your products designed in China along with the manufacturing.

Paul Stevenson

Paul StevensonGold Coast

Steam button broke

As per other reviews, one of the steam buttons broke off. The iron is only 18 months old. Not worth the price.

Jo Hawthorne

Jo HawthorneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst iron EVER!!!!!!!!

I purchased a Sunbeam Verve 65 Platinum iron a couple of years ago and while it was still under warranty the steam buttons broke away from the iron. Tried to get it repaired but was told to replace it with a new one which I did last year (2014). Whilst ironing this morning the buttons have broken away from the iron AGAIN!!!!! This iron is rubbish and I won't be replacing it with another Sunbeam. Judging by the amount of reviews which specify the same problem, perhaps Sunbeam should think about recalling this model and going back to the drawing board. Very disappointing.

Mini

MiniMelbourne

Leaky Iron

Yep, another leaky Sunbeam appliance for us that started to leak just out of the warranty period. Not even two years old, and only used in a two person household that aren't overly keen on ironing! Leaves random wet blotches over clothing. And it loses steam/heat when the tank gets down to about the last 1/4 of water. Have found if I'm careful and I leave it lying down in between shuffling clothes about on the ironing board it is sometimes better, but that is a ridiculous scenario to be in when the iron is so new and has hardly been used. Always paid for quality with Sunbeam, but the good quality doesn't seem to be there any more and price continues to rise, very frustrating.

Sunbeam disaster

Like other comments on here - this iron is terrible!
It leaks water (which is extremely hot once heated and spits it at you causing burns), it trips our electrical safety switch on a regular basis, ironed clothes come off the board showing residual creases even when ironing very slowly at top heat. It also loses heat and extends my ironing time threefold!

I've had enough and am off to the shops to buy a decent iron!

Not recommended

I have always been a Sunbeem girl, but am afraid you lost me with this last iron. It leaks so bad, and looses heat. I am looking for a better iron, of another brand.

grrahul

grrahulSydney

Terrible, leaks all over the clothes

We bought this iron from our local KMart in Parramatta about 2 months ago. Today, for the first time I used it and was shocked when it began leaking water all over my clothes. My wife told me she had been having the same experience so she did not fill any water in it. I paid 59 bucks and thought I was purchasing a quality product but I was wrong. My house mate's abode iron (looks like some much cheaper iron) works much better. Back to the store it goes and never another sun beam product again!

Sunbeam Verve 62 Platinum

Always had Sunbeam irons and never had any problems. This iron which I purchased recently just never
seemed to get to the right heat. I had to iron on highest setting "linen" and even that wasn't satisfactory.
I even ironed a woollen jumper on Linen which with my other irons would have burn't a hole in the garment.
Very poor product. It is still under warranty and considering taking it back as it is such a frustrating
iron to iron with.

It Leaks very messy

My wife purchased this Iron from Myers in Melbourne in June 2013
It leaked terribly so we returned it in July & it was replaced
The new one also leaked but at first, not as bad as the previous one.
Now as soon as I try and use steam, water pours out
It is virtually unusable leaking water all over clothes leaving marks
From the reviews this is obviously a fault in the no drip system
I will try and return it again but I will not be buying another Sunbeam

It leaks