Sunboost Questions & Answers

Antony Michael

Rachael

QLDZDR

QLDZDRasked

is there hidden extra charge for houses with 3 phase electricity?

Dear Customer,

shyne I.

shyne I.asked

Is Sunboost a CEC approved retailer? How long has the company been in Buisness? Is the cost fixed with no surprised hidden cost at installation?

Hi Shyne,
We wish to inform you that Sunboost is not a CEC listed retailer, however, we can assure you that Sunboost only gets the customer's solar system installed by a CEC accredited Installer who will follow all the compliances as per Australian standards.
The company has been in business since 3 years, prior to that it was dealing in wholesale mainly.
There are no surprised hidden costs involved. Everything is transparent and discussed with our valued customers beforehand, after the customer agrees to the same, then only will we proceed further.
Sunboost Online

Wei L.

Honesty, do not try this company. If you go to check the whirlpool forum, you will know the truth of sunboost. Or check the their fb. You will see that you won’t be able to see any comments below their ad. It would be very strange for a “reputable” company trying to hide their customer comments.
I am one of the victim from sunboost. So don’t go with them. They are not very upfront, not honest with all the pro and cons. All they want is the done deal. Then it is all your problem afterwards.

JohnnyThunders

At present, I have to agree with your comment.

diane.kirch

diane.kirchasked

What does 20 x Risen 330w with 1 x Sofar 5kW actually mean?

Hi Diane,
We wish to inform you that 20 x Risen 330w with 1 x Sofar 5kW means - quantity 20 of Risen brand panels of 330 watts with a Sofar 5KW Inverter.

HEAD
HEAD

Any reveiws from 4 years ago?

Adam

Adamasked

why does sunboost not repair damage done by installers?

Wei L.

Because they are a doggy company

Beryl T.asked

Installer : Sunboost. Panel - Trina 20 panels that generates 330kw. Inverter 5kw Solis is this a good combo for a 4ppl house $500 per quater electricity bill

Froggy
Froggy

I have only just put mine in . 6.6kwatt 20 panels. My neighbour is also a solar installer and has stated that it is more than adequate for my needs, and may also put me in credit ,that I can apply to my Gas bill, as I am with same supplier for Gas and a Electric.

Beryl T.

HI, Froggy, thank you for replying to me. May I know if you are in Adelaide ? And which energy retailer you use ? And how much is your FIT ?

Sylvia

Sylviaasked

Ive not had any success getting a hold of Calvin to book my install and ive page $450 and i am expected to pay a few more grand for my solar. what do i need to do to get a callback to book my solar install? I also haven't receive my referral for referring my mum for solar and she has her system installed. ive had two successful transaction to date but getting solar for my new house is like trying to skin a cat.

Colonel

Colonelasked

How much would it cost for 40 Serephin psolar panels, 2 Hawae hybrid inverters 16 optimizers and installation of this 13kw system please

simon w.

simon w.asked

Hi Sunboost Team,

A member of yours called Mr Jacob sent me several messages about Promotion of your solar panels. As soon as I paid a deposit of $500.00 , I have not heard from him again. Is this a scam?

Simon

Danny
Danny

Did they reply?

Bhaumick

Bhaumickasked

Hello I jsut want to know that how i can register by using mobile app as i got free monitoring stick.

Ryan C
Ryan C

Hi Bhaumick
I rang this number (not sure where I got it from) 1300 786 266 and spoke to Alex. He was really helpful and walked me through setting up my PC and Wi-Fi. I also downloaded the set up instructions for installing the Solis Wi-Fi Stick - use this link https://www.nuvisionenergy.co.uk/index.php?route=pavblog/blog&id=31. I also downloaded the app onto my android phone and it works fine too. Cheers Ryan

Donald  Peterkin

Donald Peterkinasked

How can I be assured of the veracity of these reviews?

Dale
Dale

Hi Donald,
I have just arranged a 6.6Kw solar system for my mother in law in Rutherford NSW. She had it installed yesterday but still waiting for the power company to install the smart meter. She is very happy with the installation crew and I was very happy with the cost for one, and the process from start to finish was pretty seamless. I can only say that I had a good experience and was quoted about half the cost of other installers. It gets pretty confusing with panel quality etc but we just went with what we could afford. If the warranty is there and it is, I couldn't see a problem. So from someone that has just gone through the process with my mother in law and have started the installation process with my own parents I can assure you that at least in the Maitland/Hunter region you won’t be disappointed.
Regards Dale

Donald  Peterkin
Donald Peterkin

Hello Dale.
Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my question.
Kind regards
Don Peterkin

Jim

Jimasked

I also have another question Is there really an office in NSW or is it all in India , Is this company just faceless and have we all been taken , when they use a great cricketer to advertise their systems , I feel he should withdraw from that type of advertising , I have now also read other bad reports which says they are not located in Australia and Fair Trade can not do anything , if this is true stay away from them , like me you will be sucked in with a system that does not work and there is no after service as far I can see

Wei L.

Very true! Do not go with sunboost. Do not pay any deposit. Because you will be unlikely getting them back even with the cooling off period

Jim

Jimasked

I am still waiting for a response ,have already been in touch with Fair Trade and now waiting to hear back . Have also contacted ACCC and also members of Government and Shadow Government , have also asked for certification of panels and Inverters what does this company got to hide when was certification of the panels given , I see that they are very quick to answer when there is a good report/ review, but not when one that tells it how it really is when a system in my opion under generates come on Sunboost , you know how to get in touch with some one, why not talk to the ones that have issues with your company , very poor public relations

lois mary vujanic

lois mary vujanicasked

Have made numerous attempts to call, but to NO avail. Re: a refund of deposit. Too often return call was
assured but not happening, and many delays with install. Not happy. Property has since had new owner.
Why are you not responding to my call number? Have requested the a/cs dept contact and told the call
centre will email. Still no response, You were ex. willing to take deposit, but will not refund $220?
Must I contact Mr Alan Border directly or Fair Trading.
That will be my next step

Graeme

Sorry can’t help fair trading would be the go put a bit pressure on them

Jessica S.Sunboost

Dear Customer,
We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. Please help us with your project number and we will investigate further and help you with the best solution at the earliest.
Sunboost Online.

I was never issued with a 'project no.' - But the deduction from my Police Bank Visa $202.00 was taken on 18/08/19 Ref 081800351238, (very swiftly). Am expecting no less than a total refund after being so messed about.
Regards

JASON MUNRO

I'm sorry Marlene I wouldn't know I've in Camden NSW near Sydney

Geoff A

Geoff Aasked

where are the panels and inverter designed and manufactured

Koalagrey

Koalagreyasked

I signed my contract two weeks ago when will my installation take place?

Once your provider has been notified they will proceed,normally takes about 3 weeks,which is my experience.You will be kept up to date as time goes on.

Janet

Janetasked

With all the good reviews can anyone tell me how much they are saving on their quarterly bills compared to before the solar was installed.

Renata
Renata

Usually I save about 200.00 on the bi-monthly bills.

Clint
Clint

My bill before solar was about $600-$700 per quarter and then after solar ( and had a pool installed and pump runs for 10 hours a day , this was never in my original bill ) minus $500 per quarter ( summer time ) that’s right I went from paying $600 to getting a credit for $500 ( 12.6kw system three phase ) happy to answer any questions you have

Jimmy C.
Jimmy C.

how much money did you have to spend on the panels to go into credit, the reason I'm asking this is so I know if its a legit website. thanks

Everly M.

Everly M.asked

How is your experience with ruin tiles while installing? Do they repair?

Graeme

I have a tile roof they will ask you before installation if you have any spare tiles so they can replace any that may be damaged normally tiles break if they are old and brittle my house was built in 1985 no problems during installation

Get an answer from our members and Sunboost representatives

Other Solar Panel Installers