Sunboost Questions & Answers

4.5 from 2,084 reviews

38 questions from our users

Geoff A

Geoff Aasked

where are the panels and inverter designed and manufactured

Koalagrey

Koalagreyasked

I signed my contract two weeks ago when will my installation take place?

Lindsay Harrison
Lindsay Harrison

Once your provider has been notified they will proceed,normally takes about 3 weeks,which is my experience.You will be kept up to date as time goes on.

Janet

Janetasked

With all the good reviews can anyone tell me how much they are saving on their quarterly bills compared to before the solar was installed.

Renata
Renata

Usually I save about 200.00 on the bi-monthly bills.

Clint
Clint

My bill before solar was about $600-$700 per quarter and then after solar ( and had a pool installed and pump runs for 10 hours a day , this was never in my original bill ) minus $500 per quarter ( summer time ) that’s right I went from paying $600 to getting a credit for $500 ( 12.6kw system three phase ) happy to answer any questions you have

Everly M.

Everly M.asked

How is your experience with ruin tiles while installing? Do they repair?

Sharron

Sharronasked

are the solar panels double glass

leonie j.

leonie j.asked

If I’ve paid deposit and decide to cancel what happens to deposit

Frank P.

Frank P.asked

Do you still have interest free payments

mott
mott

I bought a solar system. You need to ask a supplier that question

glennl003

glennl003asked

Hi, so I understand, that if you are not happy with your system you can have a full refund within 30 days of installation. Correct?

Don't know. Sorry.

Gary
Gary

Dont know sorry. Ring Ryan.

Geoff21

Geoff21asked

Do you install in tasmania

Victor S.Sunboost

Hi Geoff, yes we do install in Tasmania, please email us the details at onlinesupport@sunboost.com.au
Alternatively, please call us on 1300 786 266

Dina P

Dina Pasked

Why are your quotes half cheaper than majority of other companies ?
I have received 5 quotes in total, 4 being above $6500 and Sunboost was under $4000..
It makes me hesitant to go ahead because of this.

Judy
Judy

A question you should ask Sunboost.
My theory is the fact that they are very efficient in what they do and the turn around is very quick hence more volume of turnover and they can keep prices down. We are SO happy with our system.

Victor S.Sunboost

Hi Dina, we install more than 4000 panels every week in each state and we deal with the manufacturers directly, we would like to pass all the benefits to our valued customers.

Thanks Judy for sharing your views. Appreciated.

Regards,
Sun Boost Online

Adam
Adam

Are Sunboost a CEC approved company? You don't come up as being on their website but your website states that you use "CEC accredited solar installers". Does that mean you sub contract all the work out. Your salesman are very pushy and can't answer basic questions regarding main board requirements and won't give out installer licence numbers when asked. (not until I pay a deposit I was told). This all sounds as sketchy as anything. What happens if you guys go under in 5 years and aren't a CEC approved retailer.

Gregasked

I was forced to pay a deposit to see the quote and details of the offer. I was told it was refundable. On review of the specs, I now don't want to proceed with the order. How do I get a refund of the deposit?

Victor S.Sunboost

Hi Greg, we will discuss with the team, usually they are not suppose to force for deposit as we know we have the best deals available. Please share the order number and we will process the refund, however if you wish to opt for a different products we can offer you a revised deal. Thanks

154247 please process a refund

simon h.
simon h.

Same deal here....pretty dodgy and in hindsight I should have stuck to my gut feeling on them

grepasked

I have been unable to contact Sunboost for some weeks. I need to know if & when my system will be installed.. If it won't please refund my deposit & I will get someone else to supply. Invoice 138254

Hi Greg,

Sorry for the delayed response. We had informed our team already and I am sure things have processed from the installation team and you will receive the dates today.

Regards,
Sun Boost Online

Ben

Did you ever get your refund? This mob is dodgy as.

grep

Nope... I placed my order 4 months ago about 16th October last year and have tried calling them many times, spoken to people there probably 3 times, each time I have been promised a call back with an installation date... I've sent several emails with no response at all. They don't even bother to call me and tell me a lie about the date.... I give up, I'll be lodging a complaint with Consumer Affairs on Monday. I RECOMMEND IF YOU WANT SOLAR GO ELSEWHERE.

Sigi S.asked

Has anyone had the contractor take the final payment in cash. Also demand extra cash for distance to meter box?

Norman D.
Norman D.

No Sunboost Solar is a very reputable Company they do payment transaction the correct way, amounts are directed into the Bank Accounts they pay wages and taxes to ATO, like good business people, no extra cash needed for installation they had a fixed amount supply and fit,

Sigi S.

Great to know , who do we talk to about this problem? As we can no longer get through to who we were dealing with we may take the next step. A formal complaint to Dept of Fair Trading

Victor S.Sunboost

Hi Sigi, please share the order number and we check the details, the meter upgrade might be required considering few factors, we assure you an update on this asap. Thanks.

Thank you@Norman for sharing your valuable views.

Brian D.

Brian D.asked

I'm from Adelaide, had solar installed by Sunboost, trying to find out the final price. After deposit ect, to be paid to you by Brighte but every time I ring up I'm getting the run around they say I'll find out and ring you back but they never do. Been going on now for weeks sick and tired of it. Going to go to the ombudsmen to sort this matter out. Unless you sort it out immediately... Thanks Brian ID 133265

Victor S.Sunboost

Hi Brian, checking with the finance team in regards to Brighte. You will receive a call from someone from the concerned department. Thanks

Ben

Was this ever sorted for you Brian. I've got the same issues.

Steve

Steveasked

How long after I sign the contract and pay the deposit will the system be delivered and installed. Steve. Central Coast NSW

Victor S.Sunboost

Hi Steve, usually after submitting the documents we receive the meter approval from the electricity distributor within 2 to 3 weeks, and that is the time we assign the installation job

Terry family
Terry family

It was about 4-5 weeks from first enquiry to installation

T M.

I've been waiting 5 months now getting the worse service and run around you could imagine. A corrupt company that needs to be shut down. Already reported to the ACCC and now going to fair trading. Dont do it!

ron w.

ron w.asked

if theres a problem who pays for the work

Joseph N.asked

How is sunboost as installer. Do they use 3party? How is their workmanship? Can I trust them? Someone that has had experience with them please let me know.

Ian
Ian

3rd party so I can only comment on my experience which has been smooth.

T M.

Don't trust them. Worse service and stuff around ever. Absolutely unreliable and corrupt.

Gary S

Gary Sasked

Is there a reason why Sunboost isn't a CEC approved retailer?

Joseph N.

Is it a bad thing if they are not? Someone help me, because I am thinking of installing with them.

Neelasked

Sunboost has quoted me for Seraphim Panels with Solis inverter, can someone please advise if they have this installed at their place and also provide a performance review please.

Many Thanks

SSK
SSK

Yes they installed exactly what they quoted. My system generated 24-32kw every day, depend on the weather.

Neel

What system did they install if you dont mind me asking please?

Appreciate your response

Gaggoo

Gaggooasked

Still struggling to get the wifi to work with the App on my phone.
Green LED is permanently on the dongle at the inverter.

Are we able to connect batteries to the 6.5kW system?

randm2
randm2

Unfortunately I don’t reside at my property & haven’t attempted it yet but if you google “how to connect my growatt app to wifi solar system?” It comes up with some utube videos that might help.
I have heard it’s a struggle in the reviews, so I hope this helps. Best of luck.

AMAN M.
AMAN M.

If you have a solis system , youtube has links to help you connect. Otherwise contact the support team who will be more than happy to assist.

Get an answer from our members and Sunboost representatives

Other Solar Retailers