Sunboost (page 4 of 11)

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (6) · No (122)
  • Purchase Price$7,584.73
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Installation

GrantMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Inverters shutting down

KeithCentral West, NSW

Dismal treatment and after sales

When the system was installed on 18th Feb. Still not working. Company tells me it’s an overvoltage problem. Essential energy says not. Company now uncontactable, not returning calls or emails.

Keith

Panels installed.....still not connected!

Sunboost were more than happy to take my parent's money for solar panels. Following payment, they had to repeatedly contact them to find out when they were being installed....which eventually happened. That was 7 weeks ago....and they am STILL waiting for them to be connected! They have sent numerous emails and made phone calls to find out what is going on - response from Sunboost is SILENCE. Unacceptable!

Rip off service tactics - Be warned

My system trips out every time it rains. I paid $300 up front for a for a service. The technician reset the error logs and provided a quote to inspect and repair the sytem which included 'inspect the cabinet for signs of water ingress.' So the $300 I paid service I paid for did not include him inspecting the cabinet. I effectively paid $300 for their guy to come out and provide a quote. Extremely dissappointed. Never been ripped off so badly on a service call before.

Rob
Rob

TetSouth East Queensland, QLD

Company of poor character.

We have been left in the dark, having paid our deposit.
Call them to see when the instalation will happen, just to be passed around.
They say they will call but nothing just lies.
Alan Boarder, Glenn Mc Grath Foundation who promoted the company im sure they dont realise how bad this company is looking.
Terry
QLD

Rod

RodHobart, TAS

Great service - not!

TonyIllawarra, NSW

Horrible people to deal with. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

Did not happen. Eric (sales person) chased me put a deposit and when I did they did not return emails and calls. After 3 weeks of no emails I rang Eric and he told me that site inspection people tried to ring me and could not leave a message. What a lie. He then said I would get a refund even though I did not request one.
They offer cheap price and do not honour the price.

Tony

I did not get a quote number but I have the email trail form Eric your solar consultant. You can contact me directly - see my emails to Eric on 29/2/20 and numerous others. He is a good liar.

Tony

You have still not contacted me. It is just like Eric - your salesman.
So much for your investigation.

Arthur

ArthurNorth Queensland, QLD

They are unreliability and liares

They give you an install date after date then lie about why it was not done. They will not refund my deposit they bully you on the phone also there English is poor as they are I suspect they are a Indian call centre. Stay away from them they will let you down

Terrible waiting

Paid deposit before Christmas,3 months so far,still waiting,the consultant always said I will get back to you tomorrow,then nothing till I sent email to them,looks more like a scam,will call fair trade to involve

Hi Kevin,
We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you while dealing with Sunboost. We kindly request you to help us with your project number and we assure we will get back to you with a solution to the situation.

Kevin

Becare of this company,they are just cheating you to get your deposit,then it will be months waiting for nothing

SteveCentral West, NSW

3 months for nothing but a busted roof

Hi Steve,

Extremely dissatisfied

Extremely dissatisfiedAustralian Capital Territory

Stay away from Sunboost

Like other people we had the same bad experience. Made it clear that is was a difficult with steep roof and flat tiles. No worries, cw e speci realize in difficult installations...
Installers came, I paid and installers left. I had the roof cleaned from dust and ash and other debris. New guy came on board lying through his teeth claiming 3 installers had been at house to check and none could do a thejob. Assurances that they would get a Sydney installer came to nothing. Only got the refund after email setting out in detail what steps I would take. I am out of pocket for roof clean and $1000 Solar rebate and wasted 4 months. They may do good installations somewhere but not in ACT.

Poor service all round

Got a quote, told the person we had a steep roof and did someone need to see it before quoting, they said no all good can see it all on google maps. Got sent invoice and we paid it in full $3500, 2 months of messing around trying to get an installation date, installation date finally comes and the guys that turn up say they won’t do the job due to the roof angle. Company tells me they can’t complete job after wasting my time for 2 months, holding onto our full payment while messing us around and me taking a wasted day off work as the job didn’t get done. Very poor service.

FairGoFar North Queensland, QLD

Horrible to Deal with and no customer service skills

FairGo

ACCC and OFT have been contacted

159342 but I won’t be holding my breath waiting for a follow up

ChrisHunter Region, NSW

Terrible service

Hopeless at organizing every step of the way. Do not call you and you have to keep chasing them. 3 people I know had the same problems. 4 months on and I'm still not connected.

Hi Chris,

Chris

The most frustrating company to deal with or should I say call centre!

Hi Andrew,

Ross ClarkPerth

Another cheap company who dont do their research

I was canvassed by this company who tried to get me to remove my exiting solar panels and have them install their own product, without doing any research on me or my existing solar system. This industry is full of cowboys and Sun Boost is just another cowboy company trying to con me as they do with others. They dont know the specifications on their products they offer, this s consistent with all salesman who dont know their products well, as its all about how good they are, when in fact they are below average on what they offer. Poor company with poor business ethics, BUYER BEWARE

Ross Clark

No thanks just accept you mucked up, I dont want any quotes from Cowboys full stop

Shah

ShahMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Deposit was not refunded - 143974

Dear Mr. Shah,
Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. We will be escalating the issue further as to investigate the reason of the delay in refunding the deposit amount paid by you.

sookjja N.

sookjja N.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

They can do the talk but not the walk. Unreliable trade people

Ad

Stay away, 18 months later and still asking where is my system?

I signed a contract with Sunboost in July 2018. Yes July 2018, that is not a typo.
The salesman would not listen that the roof was flat and that it would require tilt frames. Once it was established on first install attempt that tilt frames would be required I got the required council approval. That was in January 2019. I still do not have the system on my roof. They don't return calls. I am forever chasing them.

Jessica S.Sunboost

False advertising, Stay away, check pictures attached from emails.

Bunch of losers working for sunboost solar, giving out quotes which they can't keep up with.
[name removed] kept on calling me for at least 1 week for the sale.
When agreed on a price and system, as I am about to make the deposit for the agreed quote, I got another email sent within an hour that I have delayed a lot and price has gone up $300 in an hour.
I'm glad it happened before I made the payment.
Not worth the Hassle
PLEASE SEE PICTURES ATTACHED.

Amarinder
Amarinder

Email Sent.

Jessica S.Sunboost

Thanks for the Email Amarinder.
We will get back to you on email today itself with a solution.