Sunboost

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (4) · No (19)
  • Purchase PriceA$4,303.33
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Installation
USED

USEDCentral West, NSW

Customer service a disappointment

Product is good, Sunboost customer service is very disappointing. Customer support questions unanswered, system remained on after install and prior to smart meter being installed which we have just found out is illegal.

Job Satisfaction
Rates and Fees

MelFar West, NSW

Not sure why I even bothered

I had solar installed a few months ago on my home in Broken Hill. I had 10 panels put on my roof in Broken Hill. I am shocked at how little solar is generated even on sunny days. On talking with consultants and sharing my current power bills with the people who were selling me this product I was told I would see a noticeable difference in my power bills. This is yet to be seen. For example, yesterday was a a sunny day in Broken Hill in December and my ten solar panels generated 4c off my bill. I am both stunned and disappointed with this product. I am not seeing any difference in what I paid for my power bills before I spent thousands installing this product. I was of course hopeful and optimistic that I had made a good decision.

Quotation No SB202888

Jujhar

Jujhar Murray Mallee, SA

Too late installation

No real good service
I had bought solar system 19/11/20.it is not completed yet
Too slow working speed ,installation g
Too late installation

Job Satisfaction
Rates and Fees

Find out how Sunboost compares to other Solar Retailers

Unit working to part capacity because of lack of site inspection.

Unit sold to me by a salesman over the phone. He looked at Google Maps and assured me my situation was perfect for the panels. The installer told me it would not work on the northern side of the roof as there were too many shadows. It was installed on the less efficient side of the roof facing south. Don't believe the on phone sales man unless they inspect the property first. After I had purchased the unit and paid for it Sunboost told me I owed more money.

System Size6 KW
Panel PurchasedTrina Solar
Purchase PriceA$3,400.00

Get quotes

Overall - poor customer service!!

Very slow responce to requests. Organised a warranty job but there were three no shows without even a phone call. I had to do all the chasing.

Overall - poor customer service!!

alma62AU

Very bad customer service

Very hard to deal with the compay when there is an issue . The issue started when the installer installed the meter in front of the house and in a full direct sun which will cause damage to the unit but when I asked to relocate the Meter to the side of the house the company kept delaying and ignoring my problem especially they already got paid in advance

System Size5 KW
Purchase PriceA$3,200.00

job 183686 inverter installed in direct sun

Matthew D.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don't count on Sunboost for warranty

I informed Sunboost of a faulty system over a month ago. One of the isolators has stopped working. Since contacting the company they have given me the run around. They simply have not been able to organise an electrician to inspect and replace the faulty part. Such delays and fobbing off customers is unacceptable. I can not recommend Sunboost.

System Size6.6 KW
Panel PurchasedInverter: Solax 5kW (X3-5.0-T-N). Panels: CSUN 300 Watt Mono Black Frame (CSUN300-60M)
Purchase PriceA$5,100.00
Brian Oxford

Brian OxfordSouth-East, TAS

Great Install but terrible Customer Service

Panel PurchasedAstronenergy
Deb1665

Deb1665Illawarra, NSW

Poor Communication

Beginning to wonder if I have made the right decision to go with Sunboost.
I have been given the run around for weeks and the communication is dreadful.
My job keeps getting delayed, wondering if it will ever happen.
They are not a member of the Clean Energy Council as they claimed.
Ask where they are and told in Sydney, I doubt it.
Generally not happy so far.

Find out how Sunboost compares to other Solar Retailers

not happy with how we were dealt with once we had paid deposit.

Unfortunately once we had paid our deposit and decided to proceed, we could no longer contact Sunboost easily... in fact the person we dealt with originally was very difficult to contact.
We wish we had simply gone with someone local and supported them.

Hi Leanne,
We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you while dealing with Sunboost. We request you to kindly help us with your quotation number and we assure we will get back to you with a solution to the situation.
Regards,
Sunboost Online.

Excellent update on review

Well Done Barry, would not have managed without you help
without the help from you tech we would not have been able to correct the problem. We have had no issue until the the inverter stopped working, Barry done an excellent five star job in helping us correct the problem well done to Barry.

All the above refers to Barry, he has left and the service we have received to-date has be nothing short of VERY BAD

System Size6.5 KW

PP57AU

Still waiting on getting connected! 11.5 weeks after solar installation, still no smart meter

Installation went well, but apparently the guys never put their paperwork in, well that's the story we got eventually and that story changed a couple of times previously. Panels installed 29/11/19, today is 18/2/20. We are finally on the list for a new smart meter next week. Surely the office staff should have a system that works, they need to follow up the installers and make sure customers jobs flow through efficiently and no one falls through the cracks as it has happened to us. Once payment has been received, there's no more follow up or care. My review would have been 5 star if administration did a better job. 11 weeks is a very long time! Can't wait to start saving money on my panels.

System Size6.5 KW

System Size6 KW
Panel Purchasedsolis
Purchase PriceA$4,999.00

Oliver S.

Excellent, until it failed to work after one day

Fantastic process from start to finish. The customer service is second to none and they were always on hand to help with anything. The installers were also excellent and were a pleasure to have around.

Great price and, so far, a very good product.

System Size6.1 KW
Panel PurchasedSolis
Purchase PriceA$3,600.00

Ben

Company emailed me a very different quote to what was offered on the phone.

Sunboost won't send me an email quote that matches what they offered on the phone. Why wont they stand by their own quote? Very odd sales methods. Leaves me concerned rrgarding what I would end up getting.

Bryan

BryanHunter Region, NSW

Broken tiles, no customer service very unhappy

We had our panels installed, no issues there, installation took place in one day clean and efficient. Our issue is the installers broke over 45 tiles, didn’t tell us they were broken and tried to silicone the cracks up. We then had water enter our bathroom. Upon calling Sunboost several times and emailing to lodge a complaint, we were told a number of times that someone would call back. No phone calls, no return email. This went on for over 5 months. The bathroom leaked so badly that we had to claim it on our own house insurance to get the bathroom re-gyprocked. We are out of pocket for thousands of dollars having had to fix the roof ourselves. We would not recommend Sunboost due to the lack of customer service when things go wrong.

Dave

DaveSydney, NSW

Warning- if you have a two storey house – it may just be too much trouble for the installers

SeamusWollongong

Panel PurchasedSolis
Purchase PriceA$3,700.00

DannySydney Surrounds, NSW

Overall a great experience

I fully recommend this company.I had 10kw fronius inverter and 29 Trina 365w panel system installed within 2 weeks of ordering ,Arnold was such a great help the installers were promt and courteous the electrician took the time to setup the wifi,so extremely happy with their service .about 1 month later I changed internet company I had trouble connecting so I rang Sunboost for help the person I spoke to tried to help but I think she needs a bit more training.the system is making between 35 to 45kw on sunny days so happy days

Panel PurchasedTrina 365w