Listing monitored by Sunboost

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Installation
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes · No (21)
  • Purchase Price$4,184.00

Unprofessional install

The installers couldn’t install all the panels I paid for, got a ridiculous refund for the ones the couldn’t install. The install took 7 hours, for 12 panels despite being told it would be less time.

System Size4 KW
JenCentral Queensland, QLD

DODGEY INVOICING

Please be very wary. The sales person was dealing with a family member, and taking advantage of their limited understanding on contracts. They wanted pictures of meter boxes and roof and on that basis they sent through a contract that was titled invoice. Whatever happened to doing a written quote first. After discussions with sales person the installer came to inspect, and another invoice / contract was sent for signing. The representative for Sunboost did not want to put in writing in the contract any specific date for completion, and did not do so. Extremely pushy sales person.

Please read, and understand all clauses of your contract because this company will take every opportunity to not take responsibility for failure to supply.

Travis
TravisCentral, SA

not happy they couldn't take my old panels down they are not in direct sunlight can't get the app working

Same as above no communication between two parties not sure I can get full use from the panels I hope they will produce enough energy for what I signed up for

Purchase Price$3,400.00

IainSouth East Queensland, QLD

Referral Payment

I installed a 12.6 system two years ago and referred a friend with Sunboost promising a $100 referral. The friends system was completed almost two years ago and I've been emailed this company requesting payment of the referral.....but noting !! A scam it would appear. Trading Standards have been notified and I understand I'm not the first person they've done this to.

System Size12.6 KW
Panel Purchased Seraphim
Iain

I have done so already. Refer to your sales rep called Nathan who has been emailed a few times now.

Hi Lain,
Thank you for your reply, we will look into and get back to you at the earliest.
Regards,
Sunboost Online.

Get quotes from Solar Panel Installers servicing your area

USED
USEDCentral West, NSW

Customer service a disappointment

Product is good, Sunboost customer service is very disappointing. Customer support questions unanswered, system remained on after install and prior to smart meter being installed which we have just found out is illegal.

Sunboost T.Sunboost

Unit working to part capacity because of lack of site inspection.

Unit sold to me by a salesman over the phone. He looked at Google Maps and assured me my situation was perfect for the panels. The installer told me it would not work on the northern side of the roof as there were too many shadows. It was installed on the less efficient side of the roof facing south. Don't believe the on phone sales man unless they inspect the property first. After I had purchased the unit and paid for it Sunboost told me I owed more money.

System Size6 KW
Panel Purchased Trina Solar
Purchase Price$3,400.00
alma62AU

Very bad customer service

Very hard to deal with the compay when there is an issue . The issue started when the installer installed the meter in front of the house and in a full direct sun which will cause damage to the unit but when I asked to relocate the Meter to the side of the house the company kept delaying and ignoring my problem especially they already got paid in advance

System Size5 KW

Panel Purchased Astronenergy
Deb1665
Deb1665Illawarra, NSW

Poor Communication

Beginning to wonder if I have made the right decision to go with Sunboost.
I have been given the run around for weeks and the communication is dreadful.
My job keeps getting delayed, wondering if it will ever happen.
They are not a member of the Clean Energy Council as they claimed.
Ask where they are and told in Sydney, I doubt it.
Generally not happy so far.

Find out how Sunboost compares to other Solar Panel Installers

not happy with how we were dealt with once we had paid deposit.

Unfortunately once we had paid our deposit and decided to proceed, we could no longer contact Sunboost easily... in fact the person we dealt with originally was very difficult to contact.
We wish we had simply gone with someone local and supported them.

Hi Leanne,
We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you while dealing with Sunboost. We request you to kindly help us with your quotation number and we assure we will get back to you with a solution to the situation.
Regards,
Sunboost Online.

Get quotes from Solar Panel Installers servicing your area

PP57AU

Still waiting on getting connected! 11.5 weeks after solar installation, still no smart meter

Installation went well, but apparently the guys never put their paperwork in, well that's the story we got eventually and that story changed a couple of times previously. Panels installed 29/11/19, today is 18/2/20. We are finally on the list for a new smart meter next week. Surely the office staff should have a system that works, they need to follow up the installers and make sure customers jobs flow through efficiently and no one falls through the cracks as it has happened to us. Once payment has been received, there's no more follow up or care. My review would have been 5 star if administration did a better job. 11 weeks is a very long time! Can't wait to start saving money on my panels.

System Size6.5 KW

System Size6 KW
Panel Purchased solis
Purchase Price$4,999.00
Ben

Company emailed me a very different quote to what was offered on the phone.

Sunboost won't send me an email quote that matches what they offered on the phone. Why wont they stand by their own quote? Very odd sales methods. Leaves me concerned rrgarding what I would end up getting.

Victor S.Sunboost
Bryan
BryanHunter Region, NSW

Broken tiles, no customer service very unhappy

We had our panels installed, no issues there, installation took place in one day clean and efficient. Our issue is the installers broke over 45 tiles, didn’t tell us they were broken and tried to silicone the cracks up. We then had water enter our bathroom. Upon calling Sunboost several times and emailing to lodge a complaint, we were told a number of times that someone would call back. No phone calls, no return email. This went on for over 5 months. The bathroom leaked so badly that we had to claim it on our own house insurance to get the bathroom re-gyprocked. We are out of pocket for thousands of dollars having had to fix the roof ourselves. We would not recommend Sunboost due to the lack of customer service when things go wrong.

Victor S.Sunboost
Dave
DaveSydney, NSW

Warning- if you have a two storey house – it may just be too much trouble for the installers