Sunboost

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (6) · No (56)
  • Purchase Price$4,087.42
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Installation

mongrel

mongrelCentral West, NSW

Sun boost Delivers

After some 4 months of promises to install a system it finally happened, the system was installed ok but would not produce the stated output. The installer tried 3 times to correct and was put onto a technician would could not resolve. Finally spoke with [Name Removed] from sun boost who was able to talk me through the process and recalibrating the inverter. Now working as stated, they appear to totally rely on the installer and try to operate from a remote location.

Panel PurchasedSolis
Warranty Claim MadeYes

IainSouth East Queensland, QLD

Referral Payment

I installed a 12.6 system two years ago and referred a friend with Sunboost promising a $100 referral. The friends system was completed almost two years ago and I've been emailed this company requesting payment of the referral.....but noting !! A scam it would appear. Trading Standards have been notified and I understand I'm not the first person they've done this to.

System Size12.6 KW
Panel PurchasedSeraphim
Iain

I have done so already. Refer to your sales rep called Nathan who has been emailed a few times now.

Hi Lain,
Thank you for your reply, we will look into and get back to you at the earliest.

USED

USEDCentral West, NSW

Customer service a disappointment

Product is good, Sunboost customer service is very disappointing. Customer support questions unanswered, system remained on after install and prior to smart meter being installed which we have just found out is illegal.

DanielMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

difficult install challenged crew

We have a skillion roofline which was challenging for the first crew that arrived (on time), they informed me they would have to come back at a later date and someone would contact me.
Later that day another crew turned up unannounced and asked if I had a ladder they could borrow to do the install, didn't inspire a great amount of confidence.
That said, they got the job done, seemed a bit rushed though.
Some scrap left on roof and had to ask one guy not to smoke while on the roof.
Communication was poor but admittedly they got the job done in a timely fashion and generating a week later after Origin replaced the meter.

SB224023

MelFar West, NSW

Not sure why I even bothered

I had solar installed a few months ago on my home in Broken Hill. I had 10 panels put on my roof in Broken Hill. I am shocked at how little solar is generated even on sunny days. On talking with consultants and sharing my current power bills with the people who were selling me this product I was told I would see a noticeable difference in my power bills. This is yet to be seen. For example, yesterday was a a sunny day in Broken Hill in December and my ten solar panels generated 4c off my bill. I am both stunned and disappointed with this product. I am not seeing any difference in what I paid for my power bills before I spent thousands installing this product. I was of course hopeful and optimistic that I had made a good decision.

Quotation No SB202888

SB63725 (Andrew)

Very easy on install abit disappointed the larger inverter wasn't connected to the max load phase of my homes board

Hi Danny,
Thank you for taking out time to review us. We apologize for the inconvinience caused. We assure you that we will thrive our best to give the best possible services in future.

Jujhar

Jujhar Murray Mallee, SA

Too late installation

No real good service
I had bought solar system 19/11/20.it is not completed yet
Too slow working speed ,installation g
Too late installation

DalePerth, WA

6.6 kw installed

Installation crew were very good.
The quality of the quotation provided by sun boost was lacking as there was two variations- one straight after I paid deposit and a second when installation started

Hi
Quote number was SB158691

Anthony

AnthonySouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Solar

Good. Only issue we had there was no assistance on the day to set up the WIFI. no phone calls follow up. I would have liked to be shown on the day how to set up the APP etc.

GlennHunter Region, NSW

Hidden fees.

System Size15 KW
Glenn

SB212435 is the invoice number I was sent with the extra charges after I had paid in full for the system.

Get quotes

Install was good however the app doesn't work and we keep getting the run around on how to fix it.

The solar was installed with no problems, the installers were great. We tried to connect to the app so that we can monitor the solar system and output however it just won't work. We have called and emailed multiple times but we just keep getting the instruction booklet sent to us. We have told Sunboost many time that we have followed all the instructions but it still does work. At this point the ignore our calls and emails.

Purchase Price$3,500.00
Jessica S.Sunboost
Ilona
Ilona

Quote number SB204415

Happy Solar Owner

Happy Solar OwnerMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Sunboost review S.A

Sales gave me a great deal on my solar system but were a bit liberal with some other verbal offerings, this was a pity as they were minor things but deminished my trust needlessly. I was very happy with the rest of my experience with Sunboost. The Installation team, process and time lines were fantastic. They left no rubbish behind and were particular about a quality install.
Would I use Sunboost again ? Yes i would, happily.

Jessica S.Sunboost

The installer team is not professional

The installation workers left lots of rubbish, like paper box, plastic bags, on the roof or my garden, I cannot go to the roof, so I only saw them after a windy day. It is very easy to improve the situation. I don't know why this could happen.
The system is working well (the second day). The leader of the installation team is good to explain my questions. But I don't feel confident to their work after I saw rubbish on my trees

Sunboost T.Sunboost

too early to tell how good/bad it will be

I wasn't present but my wife said they were efficient.
There was a glitch prior to installation when a delay occurred because a request for information was not sent/received. Once the request was received, installation went ahead without problems.

Panel PurchasedSRP-330-BMB

DonnaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Install Great - paperwork delays caused issues

I had my 6.6kw system installed in December 2019 without a hitch. The installers were professional, clean and courteous. The problem is now it is 8 months down the track, i've found out that the Certificate of Compliance was never sent to my energy provider. Now I am 8 months into a new Solar system and not receiving the benefit. I thought the first bill was quite high considering what we were advised, I put it down to a really hot Adelaide summer. Not the case at all, i'm less than impressed to find out that this crucial step was not done. I'll be seeking some form of compensation from Sunboost.

Panel PurchasedAstrogeny Panels with Solis inverter

kyi waiSYDNEY

I like to work with Sunboost for my 6.6 kw system but $200

I like to work with Sunboost for my 6.6 kw system but they asked to transfer $200 at my very first conversation. They did not want to talk about a quote without $200 transfer First. That policy put me off the list. I am unable to get a quote because I don’t want to give $200 to a stranger at my first conversation.

Get quotes

Unit working to part capacity because of lack of site inspection.

Unit sold to me by a salesman over the phone. He looked at Google Maps and assured me my situation was perfect for the panels. The installer told me it would not work on the northern side of the roof as there were too many shadows. It was installed on the less efficient side of the roof facing south. Don't believe the on phone sales man unless they inspect the property first. After I had purchased the unit and paid for it Sunboost told me I owed more money.

System Size6 KW
Panel PurchasedTrina Solar
Purchase Price$3,400.00

CarlSydney Surrounds, NSW

Installation complete.

Purchase Price$3,700.00

Hi Carl,
We apologize for the delay in services from our end. We request you to help us with your order number and we will arrange a call and get everything up and running for your solar system.

Solar panel instalation

I had the installation in winter when the weather was not very good ( raining and very humid most days). The personnel at SB was good following the installers after re-scheduling. I had a few issues with the operation and they are responsible to look at the problems.

System Size5 KW
Purchase Price$4,500.00
Sunboost T.Sunboost

Check my previous review. This is an update 2 weeks later.

Installation and communication was good. No probs with that.
After final payment and 2 weeks later, promised email of paperwork and certification from installing electrician so that meter change could be organised was not forthcoming. 3 phone calls later and promise of email within 48hrs..nothing!
Not happy. Beware!!

Hi Betty,
We apologize for the inconvenience caused. We request you to kindly help us with your quotation number. We assure you that we will look into it and get back to you with a solution at the earliest.

Betty H.

Thank you for your reply. My Quote/Order number is 193724.

Betty H.

This is now resolved. It took another phone call, this time to Monica who sorted it out quickly. Thank you Monica, you get things done!