Sunboost

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (15) · No (179)
  • Purchase Price$5,967.11
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Installation

Solar

SolarHunter Region, NSW

Slow to install but staff very helpful

Competitive price but took nearly 3 months to install staff were great in helping us solve issues with WiFi installation and were always trying to help seems to be working fine.

Should Be Good

Paid Deposit Dec1st. 6 weeks later contacted them re installation. They lost my paper work. had to resubmit. Did not turn up for 1st install date. Install was 11 weeks after deposit paid.
Duke was great at helping set up the data logger.

Eagle

Eagle Northern Region, NSW

Difficult before installing

Constantly asking for information you’d already provided. Had to redo the financial application because they forgot or lost the first one I did. Tried to increase quoted price while installing

Bron. Sydney, NSW

Refused to install panels

Despite assurances from AUSGRID that approval was given Sunboost refused to install our panels. [Name Removed] offered a substantial discount for their product and his message is still played on their phone message.

Order No: SB247577

banter

banterSydney, NSW

You are my sunshine ..... but not likely!

Leighton S.

Leighton S.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

The worst company I have yet to deal with

Called up about the pending installation, get told over a couple months I’ll get a call back. Never once got a call back. Just wanting final quote.. On the phone to the installation manger, get told he will send me an email because every part of my journey was made difficult by bad service. He never sent the email or better yet still didn’t send me the final quote after they got here on site to check the job out. (This is for a double installation)

Without going into too much detail, I can’t think of a worse company to deal with over the phone.

ORLAN

ORLAN

My grid over-voltage issue has not been resolved since the installation in December 2020

The installation process was easy and they turned up on time. However, the over-voltage issue was identified from day 1 and this problem made the solar panel system nearly unusable and ineffective. Sunboost has not been able to provide adequate support and warranty. I will now refer the matter to the Australian Energy Regulator and ACCC for review and intervention. Please be aware that the sales experience and after sales service experience are not aligned. Sunboost is not interested in resolving my issue since the installation in December 2020, and it has been three months. Simply not good enough

clay

claySouth East Queensland, QLD

Do your home work on this company before using

Sunboost T.Sunboost

Unqualified staff ,after 2 months installed System that isn't running yet. my roof is leaking they know & don't care.

installation took 2 months, System still is not working there will be delay another 2 weeks from electricity company. My neighbor went with Arise solar took him only one week. beside my roof is leaking too.

Jan G.

Jan G.Queensland

was considering contacting this company again after failed installation from another company

After failed install from another company I was considering returning to this company after having received a quote prior to other company. So glad I read the negative reviews -seems like I would have been in a whole world of hurt yet again. Do not bother to contact me as I have no interest in dealing with yet another dodgy business

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Andrew R

Andrew RCentral West, NSW

Over all Experience

Graeme

GraemeMid North Coast, NSW

Unprofessional Company

Supplied and installed solar system, panels installed incorrectly too close to wall under eves effecting the performance big time . When reported to this company the wanted to charge me $450 to fix their mistake

Hi Graeme,
We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you whilst dealing with us. We request you to help us with your quotation number and we assure you to get back with a solution to it at the earliest.

JimSydney Surrounds, NSW

Minus 10 as a star rating

Tracy

TracySydney, NSW

They will not leave me alone!

After my complaint and my review from 6months ago, I even stated in my review that I will not be doing business with this company. Then a little while ago, maybe a month or so ago, I received another phone call to consider their business to install a solar system. I told the caller that I have already purchased a solar system through another company and was very happy with their service and installation.

Today, I received another phone call! Sunboost wanted to offer me some sort of special on a solar system installation. Sunboost seems to be very pushy and refuse to understand the phrase, "No, I do not want your business," and they don't seem to understand, "Leave me alone, stop calling me."

Mark.

Mark. South East Queensland, QLD

Completely incompetent.

Hi Mark,
We apologize for the inconvenience caused. We request you to kindly help us with your quotation number and we assure you to get back to you with a solution to the situation.

mongrel

mongrelCentral West, NSW

Sun boost Delivers

After some 4 months of promises to install a system it finally happened, the system was installed ok but would not produce the stated output. The installer tried 3 times to correct and was put onto a technician would could not resolve. Finally spoke with [Name Removed] from sun boost who was able to talk me through the process and recalibrating the inverter. Now working as stated, they appear to totally rely on the installer and try to operate from a remote location.

FrankPerth, WA

WARNING - very bad experience with Sunboost

During the installation process my Makita cordless drill (located in a locked garage on a workbench 1 meter away from where the inverter was installed) went missing.
Sunboost was not interested.
It made for a very unpleasant experience.

IainSouth East Queensland, QLD

Referral Payment

I installed a 12.6 system two years ago and referred a friend with Sunboost promising a $100 referral. The friends system was completed almost two years ago and I've been emailed this company requesting payment of the referral.....but noting !! A scam it would appear. Trading Standards have been notified and I understand I'm not the first person they've done this to.

Iain

I have done so already. Refer to your sales rep called Nathan who has been emailed a few times now.

Hi Lain,
Thank you for your reply, we will look into and get back to you at the earliest.

DingoWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Very Poor Customer Service

Dingo

Update.....Sunboost finally rang me and have said my installation will be on March 3rd.

Will not fix the damage

Install = was ok apart from the inverter is way to high to read it.
Damage = leaving rivet ends all over the driveway to puncture tyres and a huge burnout mark on my brand new driveway.
Refused to fix it. Installer said it wasn't them but my CCTV and a witness said otherwise . Been arguing for a month now to have it cleaned as [Name Removed] passed the buck to management who pass the buck to the installer and round again and again. I will never be using this company ever again. Just wait until a better company has a special on. Plus I wanted a 6kw & only got 5.

Dear Customer,
We apologize for the inconvenience caused whilst dealing with us. we request you to kindly help us with your quotation number and we assure you to get back to you with best solution at the earliest.

Aussie

Fix my Driveway then we will talk . So far you've done Nothing.