Sunboost (page 2 of 6)

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (8) · No (58)
  • Purchase Price$4,022.19
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Installation

Unit working to part capacity because of lack of site inspection.

Unit sold to me by a salesman over the phone. He looked at Google Maps and assured me my situation was perfect for the panels. The installer told me it would not work on the northern side of the roof as there were too many shadows. It was installed on the less efficient side of the roof facing south. Don't believe the on phone sales man unless they inspect the property first. After I had purchased the unit and paid for it Sunboost told me I owed more money.

CarlSydney Surrounds, NSW

Installation complete.

Hi Carl,
We apologize for the delay in services from our end. We request you to help us with your order number and we will arrange a call and get everything up and running for your solar system.

Solar panel instalation

I had the installation in winter when the weather was not very good ( raining and very humid most days). The personnel at SB was good following the installers after re-scheduling. I had a few issues with the operation and they are responsible to look at the problems.

Find out how Sunboost compares to other Solar Panel Installers

Check my previous review. This is an update 2 weeks later.

Installation and communication was good. No probs with that.
After final payment and 2 weeks later, promised email of paperwork and certification from installing electrician so that meter change could be organised was not forthcoming. 3 phone calls later and promise of email within 48hrs..nothing!
Not happy. Beware!!

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Hi Betty,
We apologize for the inconvenience caused. We request you to kindly help us with your quotation number. We assure you that we will look into it and get back to you with a solution at the earliest.

Betty H.

Thank you for your reply. My Quote/Order number is 193724.

Betty H.

This is now resolved. It took another phone call, this time to Monica who sorted it out quickly. Thank you Monica, you get things done!

Get quotes

It’s too soon to provide a rating as the system is not fully functional

Installation process was very quick and efficient. The installer was easy to talk to and communicated effectively throughout the process. Despite having to return to install a part after the panel installation was completed, the installer was very professional and was well versed with the product. Any queries I had were answered immediately and honesty.
I must also pass comment regarding Paxton who consistently Kept in contact with me throughout the process. Paxton was instrumental in ensuring effective communication and keeping us up to date on each step in the process.
It has been a real pleasure to deal with the company this far

Billie-Jo
Project # 190370

GVH

GVHMid North Coast, NSW

Rough installation

The team were great but I asked them to be careful on our tin roof and the ended up bending some of the iron sheets which shortens the lifespan of the roof and is disappointing.

Ad

Friendly, helpful staff and service just need to check they don't knock TV wires out.

Friendly staff and helpful did take time for team to come and installed but due to (COVID19) so cant blame them for that. The installers where friendly and got the job done in a quick time. After they left they have have noticed in one of the bedroom we have lost the TV signal they must have knocked it out while in the roof. So would have given 4 stars but due to TV signal I gave them 3 stars.

Jessica S.Sunboost

lack of communication after paid deposit

Matthew R.South East Queensland, QLD

Good up to installation, terrible after sales

Simple process, good communication early-on and the price includes old system removal. Terrible after sales communication and I'm still to receive my declaration of compliance and certificate of electrical safety paperwork that I've been chasing for weeks and my Installation contact (Rex) has gone AWOL.

Find out how Sunboost compares to other Solar Panel Installers

Overall - poor customer service!!

Very slow responce to requests. Organised a warranty job but there were three no shows without even a phone call. I had to do all the chasing.

Overall - poor customer service!!

alma62AU

Very bad customer service

Very hard to deal with the compay when there is an issue . The issue started when the installer installed the meter in front of the house and in a full direct sun which will cause damage to the unit but when I asked to relocate the Meter to the side of the house the company kept delaying and ignoring my problem especially they already got paid in advance

job 183686 inverter installed in direct sun

Matthew D.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don't count on Sunboost for warranty

I informed Sunboost of a faulty system over a month ago. One of the isolators has stopped working. Since contacting the company they have given me the run around. They simply have not been able to organise an electrician to inspect and replace the faulty part. Such delays and fobbing off customers is unacceptable. I can not recommend Sunboost.

Brian Oxford

Brian OxfordSouth-East, TAS

Great Install but terrible Customer Service

Deb1665

Deb1665Illawarra, NSW

Poor Communication

Beginning to wonder if I have made the right decision to go with Sunboost.
I have been given the run around for weeks and the communication is dreadful.
My job keeps getting delayed, wondering if it will ever happen.
They are not a member of the Clean Energy Council as they claimed.
Ask where they are and told in Sydney, I doubt it.
Generally not happy so far.

Diana Titterton

Diana TittertonSydney Surrounds, NSW

Not much communication

The installation of the panels were great, the crew were friendly and efficient very tidy and explained how things will work from now on, They cleaned up after them selves

Find out how Sunboost compares to other Solar Panel Installers

not happy with how we were dealt with once we had paid deposit.

Unfortunately once we had paid our deposit and decided to proceed, we could no longer contact Sunboost easily... in fact the person we dealt with originally was very difficult to contact.
We wish we had simply gone with someone local and supported them.

Hi Leanne,
We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you while dealing with Sunboost. We request you to kindly help us with your quotation number and we assure we will get back to you with a solution to the situation.

Peter

Peter

re refund

peter schulz 234373
I have contacted [name removed] and [name removed] re my cancellation due to urgent medical that I had to cancel my order and ask for the deposit of $200 to be returned result no email phone call or deposit back why
I will not give you a rating until you contact me as I must give you a rating to sent this I will go half way

Installation

PP57AU

Still waiting on getting connected! 11.5 weeks after solar installation, still no smart meter

Installation went well, but apparently the guys never put their paperwork in, well that's the story we got eventually and that story changed a couple of times previously. Panels installed 29/11/19, today is 18/2/20. We are finally on the list for a new smart meter next week. Surely the office staff should have a system that works, they need to follow up the installers and make sure customers jobs flow through efficiently and no one falls through the cracks as it has happened to us. Once payment has been received, there's no more follow up or care. My review would have been 5 star if administration did a better job. 11 weeks is a very long time! Can't wait to start saving money on my panels.

Quote number 142539

Monique M

Monique M

Expected better service

I have been quite disappointed with Sunboost and do regret going through them at this point. I have had issues with them communicating with me about installation date and the process involved, and have already had to ring them three times in three weeks following installation due to an issue with the contractors that they have not sorted. It frustrates me that they provide so little information and that I am the one chasing this up. I cannot comment on the quality of the system as we have yet to be able to use ours completely. I would recommend considering local options over this company.

fault rectification

rain ingress after solar panels were installed
crew were sent on Monday after problem was reported on Saturday
they did not find the source of the leak
issue has not been resolved
thank you [name removed] you were extremely help full in trying to resolve the issue

Warranty Claim MadeNo