Sunboost (page 3 of 6)

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (8) · No (58)
  • Purchase Price$4,022.19

GlennFar North Queensland, QLD

Room to improve

Stefan S.

Stefan S.

Fast installation but poor customer service

I have ordered the solar panels mid November and the installation was on the 5/12/2019.
I got quoted for 44 panel's, when installation people came they measured the roof and there was only space for 40 panels.
This was ok for me, i have been told to get a $200 dollar refund.
I spoke to a gentleman a week after and he said somebody will call me to arrange the back payment.
Nobody did.
I have wrote now several e mails but i am getting ignored.
So next step for me is consumer affairs.

Oliver S.

Excellent, until it failed to work after one day

Fantastic process from start to finish. The customer service is second to none and they were always on hand to help with anything. The installers were also excellent and were a pleasure to have around.

Great price and, so far, a very good product.

Find out how Sunboost compares to other Solar Panel Installers

Fairly average provider in the market

Ben

Company emailed me a very different quote to what was offered on the phone.

Sunboost won't send me an email quote that matches what they offered on the phone. Why wont they stand by their own quote? Very odd sales methods. Leaves me concerned rrgarding what I would end up getting.

Ben M

Ben MAustralia

Unlucky

Bryan

BryanHunter Region, NSW

Broken tiles, no customer service very unhappy

We had our panels installed, no issues there, installation took place in one day clean and efficient. Our issue is the installers broke over 45 tiles, didn’t tell us they were broken and tried to silicone the cracks up. We then had water enter our bathroom. Upon calling Sunboost several times and emailing to lodge a complaint, we were told a number of times that someone would call back. No phone calls, no return email. This went on for over 5 months. The bathroom leaked so badly that we had to claim it on our own house insurance to get the bathroom re-gyprocked. We are out of pocket for thousands of dollars having had to fix the roof ourselves. We would not recommend Sunboost due to the lack of customer service when things go wrong.

Jose

JoseMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not installed the panels where I said

Before installing the panels, we discussed the location on the roof but they not installed the panels where we discussed. The way of talking was very disappointing and I think this is very rude to speak to the customers like this and instead I talked him politely. They handled rooftiles very hardly and broke some but I am lucky I got some spare one. They replaced all. Otherwise all good. Spent $1000 more and installed good panels and Fronius inverter. When sunshine is outside, the inverter showing more than 5kw.

Elmer

ElmerCentral West, NSW

3 month's to hook up , now making power.

Origin hook up with smart meter was a hold up 3 month's from installation of panels to turning the unit on , loss of 3 month's sun power.lost income on power bill.

John ID68682 Aug8

John ID68682 Aug8Sydney Surrounds, NSW

So far so good...!

Pre-sale and yesterday's installation were very well organised by Veronica; the install team appeared to work very well together, and all members were a pleasure to have here. The system is not yet functional; thus I make no technical judgement at this stage on either the quality of the installation work or the quality of the products supplied.

Veronica is an excellent salesperson, and a quality ambassador for Sunboost. I doubt that I would have gone ahead if she had not been my contact person.

I look forward to the system being functional. My discussions with Veronica and with the Installing Electrician/Team Leader give me every confidence in the next steps. I will be pleased to write a follow-up review in 6 months or so.

Dave

DaveSydney, NSW

Warning- if you have a two storey house – it may just be too much trouble for the installers

SeamusIllawarra, NSW

Buyers beware, 4.5 stars maybe PR Review is being gamed, maybe not

Rushed Installation

The install team need to spend more time planning prior to installation. The set out of the one panel is very poor, there is 2 rows of 23 panels then 1 sitting out by it self, there was enough room for 2 rows of 24. The electrical conduit was just pushed through roof cavity (15 meters) without anybody entering the cavity, it goes over webs and under, it’s very untidy and makes working in the cavity much harder, Reno’s are being done at the moment and trades comment on how unprofessional the installation was.

Alan
Alan

The only numbers referring to this job is a Quote #58782 if that is helpful, there is no project number!

Disappointment in General

The Solar panel logistics of the purchase and installation was ok. What was very disappointing is that only after the installation was I informed that I couldn't use my fully paid for system. At no stage during the process was it discussed verbally with me that a new smart meter would be required before I could use my system. Sunboost had sufficient opportunity to explain this and organise the swap out with my power supplier as there was a generous gap between the booking deposit and the install date. Now I am told that it will be 3 to 4 weeks before I can use my new system even though it is fully paid for and I am still paying full price power with no rebate therefore lost revenue

JanfromOz

JanfromOzSoutheast, SA

I want my deposit back

M Ward

M WardCentral West, NSW

Project - 77045 Kevin

The install time frame was very misleading and incredibly delayed. - We placed our order in Late October early November 2018. The system was finally commissioned today 28th June 2019. We were initially told 6 weeks. The staff who i dealt with at Sunboost where generally helpful and made themselves available which was a positive part of a generally frustrating process.

DannySydney Surrounds, NSW

Overall a great experience

I fully recommend this company.I had 10kw fronius inverter and 29 Trina 365w panel system installed within 2 weeks of ordering ,Arnold was such a great help the installers were promt and courteous the electrician took the time to setup the wifi,so extremely happy with their service .about 1 month later I changed internet company I had trouble connecting so I rang Sunboost for help the person I spoke to tried to help but I think she needs a bit more training.the system is making between 35 to 45kw on sunny days so happy days

Thanks again

Rob

RobIllawarra, NSW

Reset solar

Satisfactory, issue eventually solved.
Zara was helpful.

KerryHunter Region, NSW

Spent a lot of money and no return.

Solar system installed October 2018. Great sales service and installation was excellent. Problem with our system is it keeps shorting out and we still are paying big power bills. Still trying to resolve this issue. Not happy.

Invoice 54003

Sue LAdelaide

Better the first time.

Sue L

I received a email telling me that $303.00 was refunded. What has happened to the other $2300.00 I am still waiting for ? I should not have to keep phoning up to get these questions answered.