Sunboost

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (38)
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (1) · No (37)
  • Purchase Price$4,198.24
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Installation

mongrel

mongrelCentral West, NSW

Sun boost Delivers

After some 4 months of promises to install a system it finally happened, the system was installed ok but would not produce the stated output. The installer tried 3 times to correct and was put onto a technician would could not resolve. Finally spoke with [Name Removed] from sun boost who was able to talk me through the process and recalibrating the inverter. Now working as stated, they appear to totally rely on the installer and try to operate from a remote location.

Panel PurchasedSolis
Warranty Claim MadeYes

DanielMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

difficult install challenged crew

We have a skillion roofline which was challenging for the first crew that arrived (on time), they informed me they would have to come back at a later date and someone would contact me.
Later that day another crew turned up unannounced and asked if I had a ladder they could borrow to do the install, didn't inspire a great amount of confidence.
That said, they got the job done, seemed a bit rushed though.
Some scrap left on roof and had to ask one guy not to smoke while on the roof.
Communication was poor but admittedly they got the job done in a timely fashion and generating a week later after Origin replaced the meter.

SB224023

DalePerth, WA

6.6 kw installed

Installation crew were very good.
The quality of the quotation provided by sun boost was lacking as there was two variations- one straight after I paid deposit and a second when installation started

Hi
Quote number was SB158691

Anthony

AnthonySouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Solar

Good. Only issue we had there was no assistance on the day to set up the WIFI. no phone calls follow up. I would have liked to be shown on the day how to set up the APP etc.

GlennHunter Region, NSW

Hidden fees.

System Size15 KW
Glenn

SB212435 is the invoice number I was sent with the extra charges after I had paid in full for the system.

Happy Solar Owner

Happy Solar OwnerMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Sunboost review S.A

Sales gave me a great deal on my solar system but were a bit liberal with some other verbal offerings, this was a pity as they were minor things but deminished my trust needlessly. I was very happy with the rest of my experience with Sunboost. The Installation team, process and time lines were fantastic. They left no rubbish behind and were particular about a quality install.
Would I use Sunboost again ? Yes i would, happily.

Jessica S.Sunboost

The installer team is not professional

The installation workers left lots of rubbish, like paper box, plastic bags, on the roof or my garden, I cannot go to the roof, so I only saw them after a windy day. It is very easy to improve the situation. I don't know why this could happen.
The system is working well (the second day). The leader of the installation team is good to explain my questions. But I don't feel confident to their work after I saw rubbish on my trees

Sunboost T.Sunboost

too early to tell how good/bad it will be

I wasn't present but my wife said they were efficient.
There was a glitch prior to installation when a delay occurred because a request for information was not sent/received. Once the request was received, installation went ahead without problems.

Panel PurchasedSRP-330-BMB

DonnaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Install Great - paperwork delays caused issues

I had my 6.6kw system installed in December 2019 without a hitch. The installers were professional, clean and courteous. The problem is now it is 8 months down the track, i've found out that the Certificate of Compliance was never sent to my energy provider. Now I am 8 months into a new Solar system and not receiving the benefit. I thought the first bill was quite high considering what we were advised, I put it down to a really hot Adelaide summer. Not the case at all, i'm less than impressed to find out that this crucial step was not done. I'll be seeking some form of compensation from Sunboost.

Panel PurchasedAstrogeny Panels with Solis inverter

CarlSydney Surrounds, NSW

Installation complete.

Purchase Price$3,700.00

Hi Carl,
We apologize for the delay in services from our end. We request you to help us with your order number and we will arrange a call and get everything up and running for your solar system.

Solar panel instalation

I had the installation in winter when the weather was not very good ( raining and very humid most days). The personnel at SB was good following the installers after re-scheduling. I had a few issues with the operation and they are responsible to look at the problems.

System Size5 KW
Purchase Price$4,500.00
Sunboost T.Sunboost

Check my previous review. This is an update 2 weeks later.

Installation and communication was good. No probs with that.
After final payment and 2 weeks later, promised email of paperwork and certification from installing electrician so that meter change could be organised was not forthcoming. 3 phone calls later and promise of email within 48hrs..nothing!
Not happy. Beware!!

Hi Betty,
We apologize for the inconvenience caused. We request you to kindly help us with your quotation number. We assure you that we will look into it and get back to you with a solution at the earliest.

Betty H.

Thank you for your reply. My Quote/Order number is 193724.

Betty H.

This is now resolved. It took another phone call, this time to Monica who sorted it out quickly. Thank you Monica, you get things done!

It’s too soon to provide a rating as the system is not fully functional

Installation process was very quick and efficient. The installer was easy to talk to and communicated effectively throughout the process. Despite having to return to install a part after the panel installation was completed, the installer was very professional and was well versed with the product. Any queries I had were answered immediately and honesty.
I must also pass comment regarding Paxton who consistently Kept in contact with me throughout the process. Paxton was instrumental in ensuring effective communication and keeping us up to date on each step in the process.
It has been a real pleasure to deal with the company this far

Billie-Jo
Project # 190370

System Size6.6 KW
Panel Purchased330 watt Seraphim 330 watt mono blade black frame half cut cells (SRP 330 BMB) panels
Purchase Price$3,991.00
GVH

GVHMid North Coast, NSW

Rough installation

The team were great but I asked them to be careful on our tin roof and the ended up bending some of the iron sheets which shortens the lifespan of the roof and is disappointing.

Panel Purchasedsolis
Purchase Price$3,991.00
Sunboost T.Sunboost

Friendly, helpful staff and service just need to check they don't knock TV wires out.

Friendly staff and helpful did take time for team to come and installed but due to (COVID19) so cant blame them for that. The installers where friendly and got the job done in a quick time. After they left they have have noticed in one of the bedroom we have lost the TV signal they must have knocked it out while in the roof. So would have given 4 stars but due to TV signal I gave them 3 stars.

System Size6.1 KW
Purchase Price$4,800.00

Find out how Sunboost compares to other Solar Panel Installers

lack of communication after paid deposit

Matthew R.South East Queensland, QLD

Good up to installation, terrible after sales

Simple process, good communication early-on and the price includes old system removal. Terrible after sales communication and I'm still to receive my declaration of compliance and certificate of electrical safety paperwork that I've been chasing for weeks and my Installation contact (Rex) has gone AWOL.

Panel PurchasedSeraphim 330W Mono Blade Black
Purchase Price$3,591.00
Diana Titterton

Diana TittertonSydney Surrounds, NSW

Not much communication

The installation of the panels were great, the crew were friendly and efficient very tidy and explained how things will work from now on, They cleaned up after them selves

System Size5 KW
Panel PurchasedAstronergy mono black tier 1 panel
Purchase Price$3,651.00
Monique M

Monique M

Expected better service

I have been quite disappointed with Sunboost and do regret going through them at this point. I have had issues with them communicating with me about installation date and the process involved, and have already had to ring them three times in three weeks following installation due to an issue with the contractors that they have not sorted. It frustrates me that they provide so little information and that I am the one chasing this up. I cannot comment on the quality of the system as we have yet to be able to use ours completely. I would recommend considering local options over this company.

fault rectification

rain ingress after solar panels were installed
crew were sent on Monday after problem was reported on Saturday
they did not find the source of the leak
issue has not been resolved
thank you [name removed] you were extremely help full in trying to resolve the issue