Sunboost (page 3 of 4)

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (2) · No (37)
  • Purchase Price$3,951.05

Mixed Reviews

Kevin Archer

Kevin ArcherMid West, WA

Still checking system operations as system has only been installed for 2 months

Installation was quite quick, 3 technicians finished complete job in less than 4 hours
Have had no issues with the company Sunboost, staff have been very polite and professional, possibly a few hiccups with the expected savings on our latest power account which Sunboost technical people are looking into.

Vince

VinceGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Abit disappointed

We didn't get what we were supposed to get from the first contact with them. Ended up with 16 panels instead of 24 as stated due to lack of knowledge and using 3D maps instead of a house visit. Luke 91061 was very helpful with getting everything sorted from start to finish. He kept us informed all the way.

Linda

LindaNorth-West & West coast, TAS

83057-good service

I had good service from Adam. After the solar panels were installed I had a leaking roof. Adam gave me quick service in getting this resolved. With my regards Linda.

Victor S.Sunboost

scott

scottSouth East Queensland, QLD

13 broken tiles

no problem with sunboost they were easy to deal with however, the installation process was not so positive. they broke no less than 13 tiles told me it was because of the paint, left one broken tile with silicon on it just below the ridge caps(just spent 000's on a roof restoration) which had footprints all over them left smoke butts laying around and left conduit and rubbish behind

Victor S.Sunboost

Problem fixed

The original installation team had incorrectly wired the circuit breaker causing arcing.
An electrician was organised by Sunboost and he came out and fixed the problem.

Sunboost T.Sunboost

Sunboost You are not the only solar supplier

Ray

RayAdelaide, SA, 5024

Substandard Installation ...Beware

Sunboost completed the installation of my solar system on 3/9/18. Since then the Inverter hasn't been set correctly according to manufacturers. No instructions on how to read system. Despite numerous emails and calls to the Company they have not responded. Another issue was one of 'correct' wiring in switchboard. I had to call an air conditioning technician as my air conditioner wasn't working. He found that the wiring to solar system was incorrect thus affecting the A/C. There are issue showing on the inverter view panel showing Error 102 & Master Reset which I'm advised is not allowing feed into the grid, thus costing me money. There could be other issues which come to light?? Overall not impressed. Beware!

Tonyg

TonygSydney

happy but frustrated

Sunboost obviously is experiencing an increase in business, probably due to the competitive pricing, resulting in promised installation time being regularly changed and sometimes a no-show by the installers.
However the installers were very efficient and got the job done in a timely fashion and very polite.

Eve

EveGreen Valley

Ok

A specialist looked at the installation of our solar panels and advised us that the installers have left wires hanging down on the roof under the panels where they should not be. Also some of the links that hold the solar panels to the framework are not on straight. And a few other things they found faulty. Power is working well. However we have been advised to take photos and send them to Sunboost for further action. The installers themselves seemed friendly but came some distance to install the panels. Maybe they should have taken more care with the wires and fixing of the panels especially as we have strong winds in this area. The cost was within our budget.

Tracy

TracyEmerald

Can't wait to see how it goes

There customer service was great at first but once paid a deposit I didnt hear much from them. Was really hard to get a date for installation and took alot long than was orginally told but finally the guy I originally spoke too got the ball rolling. And the guys that installed the panels were awesome. Now just waiting for the power company to come around and start it up.

LucianPerth

Installation was OK but overall not happy

The installation team was very good and very efficient. Finished the job with no issues.
However the invertor they sell is the cheapest on the market, some Chinese device. Already having issues after few days after installation.
They get you in by promising you excellent quality and service and you'll learn later that you could go for same service much more cheap elsewhere. Quality is not at all as promised.

Lucian

Ok, order number is 49017.

Installers were first rate. Sunboost sales and installations a little disappointing.

Panel installation was fantastic. Very knowledgeable electricians who knew what they were doing. Gave good advise.

Sunboost was a little disappointing towards the end. I was told the price was going up by $390 due to me needing a 3 phase inverter. Electrican advised I only needed Single Phase which as also confirmed by the Sunboost installers.

I was also told I could pay by bank cheque. When installers arrived they would not take the bank cheque. I had to ring Sunboost to organise this.

My solar is still not running as I am waiting on Energex to connect me. Hopefully someone will email or call me when this happens so I can switch it on.

Lisa
Lisa

I understand 3 phase is more expensive but I don't understand how this even came into the equation when I only need single phase !

The installation was excellent

The only issue was job was carried out by Daniel first without me knowing on the day he wasn’t working on the day and I was feeling frustrated. I than talked to a gentleman named Harvey and he was very polite and calm on every phone call. I was also told from the beginning from Joe I would receive 2 extra panels but later they took $160 off the price. I seen a add for 26 panels for around the same price I’m paying now and asked if I could get that deal or a discount since I haven’t paid yet but I wasn’t able too.

JASO

JASOMelbourne

They are ok

When you are paying leave $100 balance to be paid once the Embedded Generator (EG) and Battery Storage Connection Agreement filled and also the certificate electrical safety . they play around with me for 3 weeks and lost a lot of money in traffic feed while waiting for it.

Take my advise or you will be screwed.

Still not operational

I have to wait 2 months before using the solar power, because sunboost took too long in informing Electricity company of the change, and it is another 4 weeks before the meter can be changed. I should be reimbursed for the 2 months paying full price for electricity, when I have paid fully for the solar panels. Quick to take the money, but no follow through service.

jrg

Still waiting for a reply, thanks. I sent the project number as per your request. Am still waiting?

Sunboost Solar installation.

Sales team and installation team have been excellent, now waiting to see how the product performs hopefully it will be worthwhile

Josie

JosieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I can't rate this company properly yet until I am satisfied with the final outcome

Thank you Sunboost for contacting me this morning and arranging for their solar panel installer to be at my property this Monday to assertain if panels can somehow be installed on my tin tile roof...

Order# 45301 & 45336

Bit stressful sorting out the invoice and amount as we were promise a price match and the wrong invoice was sent the day before the installation. Apart from that insulation team was good. We are still waiting for someone to install the monitoring system on our smart device and our referral bonus reimbursement.

Solar

I found the workers at Sunboost to be pushy when it came to paying. Of course the customer needs to pay, however being asked to pay before job is completed is not usual. Than to be phoned several times on day of installation before job is done asking for payment was very annoying. The installers drilled right through into my dinning room and after several phone calls they did half a repair job. No hope they will complete the repair? Paid in full on day of install, then found out inverter was faulty. It took almost two weeks to get a replacement. Call centre staff were polite, but I felt I was been given the run around. Glad now all seems to be working, hopefully it stays that way.