Suncamper Sherwood

Suncamper Sherwood Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Suncamper? Claim your listing.
Keith S.
Keith S.

Have a 2009 sherwood 4x4 want to sell does any one know value. In good condition only 84,ooo klms on clock. Thanks Keith

Roxanne H.

Hello ,anyone ever fitted a towing hitch to their camper ? Looking at buying a 2010 Sherwood 2wd and would like to tow our boat

Kit P.
Kit P.

We had one on our 2006 Sherwood when we bought it but removed it as we never towed and it added weight. We took the advice of the excellent people at Greentrees Solutions in Richmond .... wish we had done this BEFORE we bought it! If it is a private sale, I strongly recommend that you have the vehicle inspected professionally before $$$s are handed over anyway ... it may save you tens of $thousands!

Roxanne H.

Has anyone ever fitted a tow set up to their Sherwood. Looking at buying a 2010 2wd would like to be able to tow our boat ??

irene68
irene68

we have- for a tow vehicle- had to have the chassis extended - $3000, tow hitch $5000 but we have a vehicle foe getting around.
husband says you cant even feel it on the back !!

Bruce manning
Bruce manning

how to open cover over the window over on double bed

Chubby

Hi Bruce i would be more than happy to help but not 100%sure of what you are trying to do. Let me know and I will try and help out.

Marlene C

Has anyone experience a leak in front corner of their camper under the bed. I thought I had solved the problem but heavy rain it's back thanks Marlene

Mike K

Can’t help you there but I would take the mattress out and see if you can see where it is coming in while someone is outside with a hose

Chubby

Hi we have a later Sherwood and had no issues however our first motorhome called a Safari built on a Ford. It actually had a small tap on the underside of the corner for that very reason. Sorry I cant help further.

Mike Lewis

Have a 2.7 ltr hilux petrol 2x4 sherwood and was wondering if anyone can give me rough figures on litres per 100 ks. Thanks Mick,

Mike K

Can’t really help you there as I have a diesel Sherwood but I did have a 2000 model 2.7 dual cab 4x4 once which I towed a small pop top caravan with and it liked a drink.

Thanks,

Mike Lewis

How do you convert the dining seats into a bed.

Mike K

What layout do you have?

Chubby

Hi we have the 2 wheel drive unit the table has a second leg under it. You lift up the table and fold the main long leg under the table and pull short leg into place. then place table edge into lower rail and resit on floor with short leg. shuffle the pillars from the bench seat into place. Its done. We have had people stay and sleep on this it works great.

Mike Lewis

Thanks for your answer, picking camper up tomorrow, so will have a good look.

Chubby

Enjoy and say hi to them from Grant and Chris.

John Ward
John Ward

Hello

What is the full height of the standard Sherwood fitted with the aircon unit? I'm trying to see if a purchase of a Sherwood would fit under our shed door opening.

John 0497622676

Mike K

I have a 4x4 Sherwood without a air conditioner and it fits in my shed that has 3.0 metres under the ceiling clearance

Jo Wright
Jo Wright

Gross weight please?

Of the 2010 Sherwood.

Mike K

I had mine weighed at a registered weight bridge fully loaded,full water tanks,clothing,food,ect,one person it was 3.3 t.

fused
fused

Where are the 12v fuses please?

Prue Wright
Prue Wright

They are in a fuse box located under the rear seat on the drivers side. The house battery is also located under this seat.

Mike K

Mine are under the front seat near the battery. I have a Sherwood twin with the rear shower/toilet

phillip bugden
phillip bugden

can seat belts be used in back of camper are they allowed plates already in floor so can they be used to transport people

WM
WM

Hi phillip, I am not sure if seat belts can be fitted but I doubt if they can be.You might be better contacting Mike Rowe from Suncamper on 0294843952

alan.lehman.12
alan.lehman.12

Hello. we just purchased a 4x4 Sherwood by Suncamper. We asked for seat belts to be fitted in the rear. We live in WA and we drove the vehicle back to Perth on a NSW permit as we were getting it registered in WA. When it come time for the inspection to get it registered, the seat belt engineer said that you cannot have seatbelts fitted when you are sitting on a wooden box and that you cannot fit head rests as you have a glass window immediately behind you. The engineer told us that you have to have a seat that has a metal frame that makes it strong. Sitting on a wooden box in an accident will offer no protection what so ever. We had to take the seat belts out to get the vehicle registered. On contacting the NSW Motor Registery, they told us the same thing. It is not a state rule, it is an Australian Design Rule that we were in contravention of. They are not legal, Period.

Chubby

Hi we have a 2 wheel version but yes you can have them fitted . I have gone through the exercise and have all the engineering certificates to state that they meet all the requirements.......BUT its not cheap if you do it after it has been registered. Best bet is to have it all fitted before it leaves Thornleigh and is registered. The boys when they manufacture the units place achor points under the unit. The seat does have a metal frame. If the unit gets registered then you want to do it it needs to have a Pedders upgrade kit done on it for weight reasons it needs to have the actual belts fitted then it needs to be checked by a certifier who gives you the paper work which you then need to take to service NSW. If you get all this done before you register it it is registered as it should be and is cheaper. Trust me I know. Don't use the belts much but great to have as it sleeps 4 why not carry 4. Just a footnote if your going to travel with kids check their age as you cant have kids sitting sideways. Hope this helps.

Chubby

P.S. if it helps I can supply the cert numbers etc. but yes all legal all good.

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Suncamper? Claim your listing.