CategoryRewards Credit Cards
Minimum Credit Limit$5,000
Maximum Credit Limit$25,000
Minimum Income $30,000
Additional Cardholders 4
Additional Cardholder Fee $0 p.a.
Minimum Repayments2.5%
Annual Fee$120 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 3.4%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$5
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate21.99% p.a.
Release dateMay 2007

Avoid Suncorp they do not listen

When we joined them 25 years ago they were the best bank. We worked hard and eventually got awarded a gold card. Fantastic to have a travel insurance included but after paying the full fee for a year up front they decided to cancel their travel insurance after 10 months. Ringing customer service I got dumb founded! They simply told me despite having 4 insurance policies and an extensive customer relationship to get lost! Their website offered a platimum card for a discount without any conditions. Ringing Suncorp again they told me that I was an existing customer and they had no intention to comply with consumer law and honor the deal! 2 1/2 hours on my mobile phone listening to rude and unhelpful staff they eventually made 3 $20 credits and 2 $20 debits to my account. No help to upgrade and they refused to let me cancel the card. They issued new gold cards against my advice and we never activated them but sent them straight back! Now they want to extort us for $120 plus exorbitant interest for a product we never wanted! Well Suncorp take me to the federal court! I will get a platinum from the ANZ which is ideal for travel overseas. Sorry Suncorp you have lost a big customer!

OK card, poor features and service

As a credit card product it is ok - far from the cheapest on the market but no other compaints with the card itself. I have several products with Suncorp and I think the internet banking/online card management is excellent. We have had several issues with the rewards programme - rewards cards going missing, lack of investigation/returned calls/follow up - its been five months, at least a dozon calls, and all I hear from them is to fill out yet another Stat Dec to get a replacement issued (I am now waiting for replacement number 3). The service is very poor, which is unfortunately common in my experience across all Suncorp products
Its Visa. online banking and card management
expensive, poor service, dodgy rewards programme

Good

Great card, however very inflexible and difficult to change even if you have a long standing flawless history with them. They really are now just a Citibank card with Suncorp written on the front!
I have had my card for some time time now and have been nothing but happy. With some of the lowest interest rates around, generous credit limits (depending on your circumstances), and very easy to keep track of your usage online. Great looking card to with it's distinctive design. Great for an everyday day card, with the flexibility to adjust things such as reward programs etc giving you the ability to decrease the ongoing cost of the card as you may need to.
Very inflexible in relation to credit increases if you so want, having to basically apply for a whole new card. Sometimes it's easier just to apply for a new card from a different institution with an answer within sixty seconds. Suncorp makes this impossible. If you are responsible with your credit, and you have the history to prove this a little flexibility would be nice.

Good

I have the card linked to my other accounts and I have never had any hassles with Suncorp. Once set up you can check things out on line or by phone and there are generally no surprises. You may be able to get a slightly cheaper rate else where but this product is good and honest. I didnt link other programs to the card as this generally inflates the price for things that in real terms are cheaper to buy - ie frequent flyer points.
It works well, Suncorp provide great backup service
Its a credit card - who likes paying interest?