Suncorp Home Loans

Suncorp Home Loans

1.5

home loan experience

We got a loan for our build with no hassles. We found Louise very good to deal with and the communication was excellent ( wish I could say the same for the builder). We went with them because of their rate and the local branch manager was very good ( branch closed a few months later). Since then our rate seems to go up when ever they feel like. No longer are we getting 3.68% but it has gone up to 3.91% even though the advertised rate for new clients is 3.68%. Watch this! When we were with ING it usually fluctuated with the reserve bank changes. Thinking about changing the loan to another bank.

kittykat
    kittykat

Bank is good once up and running

Suncorp offer great products however the customer service is terrible from start of the loan to settlement, this included wrong paperwork being posted and lost signed paperwork we nearly didn't reach settlement. After settlement and getting all of my accounts setup correct I have found both the app and online banking no issue other than transferring large amount of funds i.e. car or caravan purchase.

So be prepared to go through a few hoops before getting that great product (Home Package Plus Special offer) low interest rate, no ongoing fees and up to 7 offset accounts.

longlegs

longlegsasked

My husband seems to think if one or the other of us passes away before our home loan is payed out, that the loan is payed out by the bank. I believe this was the case many years ago with a bank that we dealt with. Could you please verify this.

Oilzzz
    Oilzzz

No. The debt remains

Get an answer from our members and Suncorp representatives