Suncorp Motor Insurance

Damngirl

DamngirlSouth East Queensland, QLD

CTP CLAIMS - Customer service and understanding, a refreshing experience

Suncorp i just want to give your company in particular your ctp insurance claims section a 10/10. I am so so very touched by the actions of the Brisbane branch and i cannot express my gratitude enough. I know there are always negative stories about insurers but i just want to thank suncorp from the bottom of my heart and gibe credit where it is due. You have made something heartbreaking a little bit easier, it is appreciated beyond any words.

Insurance TypeCompulsory Third Party
Plan covers drivers under 25No
Claim MadeYes
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Insurance always has surprises and frustrations.

Our car was a write off due to another driver crossing the centre line and slamming into our car. The payout figure was paid within 10 days which was excellent.
However 2 points I was not aware of were. 1 when the car is a write off the insurance company hand in the plates and receive the refund in the registration. 2 Although we had UNLIMITED hire car the second they pay out they want the hire car back. From the time they officially told us the car was a write off to the time they paid out was a few days so you are left with no car. Just points to be aware of when buying any car insurance.

Insurance TypeComprehensive
Plan covers drivers under 25No
Claim MadeYes
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateMarch 2019
Iggy

IggySouth East Queensland, QLD

What a con

My Sister in law received $50.00 for each car that was insured by Suncorp CTP. I called Suncorp because i wanted the deal also and was informed that after I payed the registration on my cars it would all go through. Surprise surprise, after paying the rego and nothing was received I called Suncorp again who informed me that the promotion was only for those who received the letter and I would not be eligible.(remember that i had called Suncorp prior to confirm) I think its about time that these sort of companies should be held responsible for telling anything to get money from people.You lost me Suncorp.

Exceptional customer service

I was just blown off by the customer service I experienced after a car hit kangaroo accident at night time. Very prompt to arrange every needed service and the way of communication just melted me away. Hats off to the entire customer service team. My 3 month old new car was written off and replaced by a brand new car. My color of choice was not available initially. But Suncorp waited until my preferred color was imported and arranged rental car service for the whole period. Amazing service. Would highly recommend Suncorp Car Insurance.

Tina

TinaMelbourne

If I could give no stars I would

13 years a customer and the treatment from Suncorp was appalling. The car accident wasn’t our fault but Suncorp made the whole experience awful. Do not insure with them!!!

The1

The1Oakey

Good Service and Replacment work good quality

Had a replacement windscreen done, lodged online claim and was phoned within an hour and was organized for the next morning to have it replaced onsite. No Issues had and happy with the work.

deb

debMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent service

I have been with Suncorp now for about 5 years. I recently had to put in a claim on my car that was damaged in an accident an subsequently caught fire. They were brilliant from the 1st call to lodge a claim to the assessor calling me to confirm car was a total loss and that I would receive my agreed value that car was insured for. Within 4 working days I had received the payment. Thanks Suncorp

Disgusting

Excellent customer service

Have been with suncorp for 15 years..This is the first time i made a claim..From the first day..I received the best customer service support and within 4 days they made paid back the money as my ute was writeoff..
Keep up the good work.

Jesse

Jesse

Absolutely disgusting.

Biggest scammers in Australia, insurance fraud is their game and they know how to manipulate your story, I had a claim made against me and they tried charging me over $3000 for a rear bumper bar that is only worth $208.65 from Toyota, and couldn't explain to me where the other $2800 had come from.

I even asked for the financial hardship forms as I truly am struggling, they blatantly disregarded my application even though I have no job and do no receive government payments.

Clint

ClintBrisbane

So far so good

Cheap price, much less than the alternatives. Went for full comprehensive with low fees higher excess. Found quite a large scratch across 2 panels of car a few weeks back and the claim went through quite smoothly. I didn't get a replacement car but they paid for taxi to and from the workshop. The call centres are local and very friendly.

cheekychops

cheekychops

Large increase in policy despite no claims

I received a rude shock to find my policy had increase by over 15% (more than $110) despite no claims and my car being worth less given it is a year older. No explanation was able to be provided except that apparently there was a discount when I applied because I was a new customer. Clearly Suncorp don’t respect customer loyalty and are just chasing the new customer and could care less about retaining current customers. As a side point, be careful with your privacy. Suncorp sent my policy to an old salary packing company I no longer use, despite updating them a year ago with my correct email address.

Pete

PeteClayton

Sorry, wrong place, please remove!

My home loan with Suncorp. This year they tried to call me several times to sell their insurance. But the sales used my home address as my insured address, I just found out when I did the tax return for my investment property. I just want to ask them, do you buy the landlord insurance for your residential property? They want to charge me $35 for changing address. I said please cancel the insurance due to the unprofessional service. They cancelled it and charge me $33 for Cancellation. So unhappy conversation and I will never use any product from them! ()

Insurance claim madeNo

Would highly recommend Suncorp. Cannot fault them.

I've held policies with Suncorp for 2 and a half years. Recently someone hit the back of my car. Suncorp were very easy to deal with, repairs were arranged immediately and I'm truly impressed with their services and the turn over. Friendly staff, very understanding and compassionate. Would recommend Suncorp to everyone i know.

Pinaki G

Pinaki GBrisbane

Horrible customer relation service

Insurance claim madeYes

Claims knocked back on minor technicality

My son has had insurance with Suncorp almost 3 years never claimed, first time he has claimed gets knocked back because did not update details on insurance. However they happy to charge him highest premiums and promptly deduct insurance from his account but when comes to claim find any excuse to not resolve his claim!!! Would not recommend this insurance company. Exploit young individuals!

Dave

Dave

Banking Royal Commission and Suncorp

“Suncorp was later fined by ASIC $43,200 for misleading advertising over its communications relating to its “complete replacement cover”. The royal commission heard that this was a much smaller amount than the $7.2 million in fines it could receive.”. ABC News

Jibar22

Jibar22Brisbane

Supportive, reliable and honhest to deal with

Ange

AngeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Extremely helpful

With my car insurance up for renewal I contacted Suncorp, I couldn't praise them highly enough. They were courteous; informative and gave me a great price. I would definitely RECOMMEND them

Shell

Shell

DO NOT INSURE WITH SUNCORP

I recently purchased a new car (not brand new but still around $30,000.00). After having the car for three weeks I hit a Kangaroo. I put in a claim immediately. I have now been waiting for nearly four weeks without a car. Suncorp are advising that the repairs have been authorised...but they will not pay the repairers costs???? Agreed worst staff to deal with. Very rude, arrogant. I will be contacting the ombudsman as I cannot get a response from Suncorp as to when I can get my car repaired.

Norma P.

Norma P.asked

Zero star from me! I had accident I heat gutter on my left side bumper and when I try to reverse cuase I’ve panic already I accidentally heat someone bumper behind so I had damage in my back bumper also but the car behind no damage in his front bumper so I tried to claim my left side bumper and my back bumper but Suncorp want me to pay $600 excess twice! $600 excess for my left bumper and $600 excess for back bumper cause they said it’s two deferent action! Can you believe it that’s why I insured my car for. Suncorp just want peoples money we don’t get any return from our money. So I will cancel my house policy and my car policy from Suncorp. Very Disappointed

Arjun G.
Arjun G.

They are really terrible and dont care about costumer and their money

Mick M

Mick Masked

Why has this post been rejected can’t you handle the truth

ben dover
ben dover

check the guidelines on product review, its product review who deletes the posts Suncorp cant do it

Cornelius Boshoff

Cornelius Boshoffasked

What is your definition of private use? Is driving to Uni every day regarded as private use?

Get an answer from our members and Suncorp representatives

Suncorp QLD CTP Insurance

Suncorp Third Party Property Damage Insurance

Suncorp Comprehensive Car Insurance

Suncorp Comprehensive Car Insurance

1 review
CategoryRoadside Assistance and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Health, Home and Contents, Income, Life, Motorcycle and TravelHealth, Home and Contents, Income, Life, Motorcycle and TravelHealth, Home and Contents, Income, Life, Motorcycle and TravelHealth, Home and Contents, Income, Life, Motorcycle and Travel
Coverage TypeCompulsory Third Party (CTP Green Slip)Third Party, Fire and TheftThird Party Property DamageComprehensive