3.5

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (0) · No (1)
Eleanor Hunter

Eleanor HunterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Salesman walks the talk but installation is poor

I wanted to install shutters to block out light and heat. Had to come out twice to fix! Still have light coming through the sides and bottom. They told me to get up on a ladder and caulk it myself! Terrible service and the person who came to measure & install could not speak a word of English. Actually bought his wife as an interpreter - she doesn’t even work for Sunline. It was so weird that it’s just ridiculous. When dealing with the issues, customer service were so rude. I’ve reported them to consumer affairs. Do not waste your money. I wish I’d looked at reviews before purchasing. This has been the most stressful experience and I still have to get up and fix them myself. I can’t believe the audacity of them.

Store LocationRavenhall
Warranty Claim MadeNo
Sun Line Roller ShuttersSunline Roller Shutters
Cherie T.

Cherie T.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Crappy customer service and installation

Erin

Erin

Rubbish

To anyone looking to buy these shutters and are impressed by the price. Don't be!
The price is great, until the shutters start failing one after another until they are either stuck open or closed. Then the company want to charge you and arm & a leg for servicing their faulty products.

Sun Line Roller ShuttersSunline Roller Shutters

Hi Erin, we have checked our records and it seems that the last call we received from you was in May 2012, could you please call our office on 9364 2232 if you would like to discuss this further.
Kind Regards, Sun Line Roller Shutters

Tan

TanMelbourne

Warning!

Repair service on their own product is shameful

The product is fine, however, service for repairs lets the company down. I rang to ask for a technician to come and have a look at one of the shutters as the motor is no longer working. I was told there was a wait of three weeks but someone would call - 4 days later still waiting for the call.

Katt

KattMelbourne

Taking legal action

This would have to be the worst company I have ever purchased anything from. We bought 8 roller shutters and within 3 weeks of them being installed, one of them stopped working, rang them and was told it would be 5 weeks before they could come out, when I stated that I would take things further they got someone to come out a lot quicker. The technician had to replace the motor after 3 weeks!!! Since then I have had the motor replaced 2 more times on the same shutter and the control panel twice.. what an absolute joke. In total they have come out to do repairs 6 times within 7 months. I am now in the process of taking them to court. I would never recommend them to anyone, worst quality products I've ever experienced.

do not go with these guys

low quality materials. not even 2years. manual shutter broken. motorised ones are making wired noises. been asked to pay for call out with in 18 months. many emails no reply. finally had to mention with legal action to get a response. been told they would give a discount or something like that. i didn't want to deal with them again.

Would Never Recommend... Dodgy Workmanship .. Everything Is Dodgy About Them

THEY RIP YOU OFF AND DO DODGY WORK.... After 5 years the shutter has come off the rail. When I called them to come and fix it they said they wanted $120 call out fee plus parts and labour. Before installing the shutters I was told 10 year warranty!!!! If they did a good/professional job in the first place this would NOT have occured. I know people who have had their shutters for over 20 years no problems. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THEM. I AM CONTACTING CONSUMER AFFAIRS VICTORIA, I recommend everyone do the same. Eventually they will either listen to customers or hopefully SHUT DOWN.

zac

zacMelbourne

zac

Hi to all Sun Line Roller Shutters users, these shutters do not protect U against BURGLARY .SHUTTERS ARE NOT LOCKED WHEN FULLY DOWN,Do not be trap into this company like I did. Be aware!

Poor.

Amauture finish. Scratch marks of finished edges due to drill being used improperly. 2 shutters already not working due to shutters coming napart from each other. Called and basically got the we dont care attitude. Will never ever recommend them to anyone else.

dmacc

dmaccmelbourne

Sunline roller shutters

I have had sunline rolled shutters installed for 3 years and have replaced 1 motor, had them service a shutter which is slipping again and out of warranty and 1 stopped working altogether.
I have reviewed them before and found they are very quick to take your money and install the shutters and painfully slow when there is a problem and down right rude when pushed to do repairs.
I personally would not use them again.

Do not be trap into this company like I did! Worse company I have ever known

People say "Once they've got your money, there is nothing else they can do!"
I can relate this quote to Sunline roller shutter company
This is how I describe the Sunline Roller Shutter:
Poor customer service
Unexperience installer
No warranty as they have promised! Eventhough you have all the paper work
To all my friends out there, please do some research before you have your roller shutter install.

Sandie

Sandie

Poor

Shutters are rubbish. Constant repairs, noisy. had other brand 16 years no problem. 2-3 call outs a year with this company. Long waits - up to a month for service call. Unable to speak to anyone except lovely receptionist. NOT RECOMMENDED

good service only until you pay them

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY

Marty

MartySt Albans

Be aware!

Rob

RobMelbourne

SUNLINE Roller Shutters.

Had roller shutter installed by Sunline. Quoted one price for the shutters in the eaves and one for boxed incase they wouldn't fit. Installers measured windows, didn't check eaves if they would fit. Came to install them, couldn't put in the eaves would have to remove bricks, advised by installers not to go ahead as may damage the house. Went and got boxes and installed them. Paid the amount quoted for boxed shutters, Sunline will not honour the quote wanting the extra money for full price in the eaves. Now being harassed for $150 by Sunline. I DO NOT RECOMEND ANYONE USE THEM.

Bad/Arrogant warranty service.

We just had roller shutters installed, one of the bedroom windows closed and refuses to open. When contacted Sunline roller shutters was told it would take 10 days+ for someone to come out. I mentioned that it was a fire hazard. In the case of a fire, no one can get out ! Was told nothing can be done and they will get to it when their ready. Still waiting, it's funny how they can schedule an $8000.00 install in a week but need an indefinite time period to come back and repair there faulty products even thou it's placing your life at risk every day there late.

Echo

Echo

Terrible service is an understatement

Our shutter came out of the roller, we hadn't touched it we were just using as normal. Rang them many times to have them fix it. They kept arranging times to come out but never did, after months of phone calls I rang consumer affairs. Sunline then came out to fix it... Not happy with the job they did and the service is the worst service I have ever had. Look elsewhere.

Nearly everything.