Supaswift Big Bob 653HP

Supaswift Big Bob 653HP

See the Best Petrol Lawn Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

eanie

eanie

Makes mowing a breeze!

For larger lawns, the BigBob with the Honda GXV160 engine is superb. Do install 2 sets of blades to make cutting easier and faster (1 pair flat and one pair 'low lift' to assist discharge). No catcher means you just keep going and the clippings mulch into the turf. The trick with utility mowers (side discharge) is to cut the grass a little higher and more often so you are not trying to cut down more than 3-5cm at a time. That way there is no trail of clippings and you get great results. The large ball bearing wheels and light weight deck make mowing a stroll in the park. It even works well on damp grass subject to the above operating style. I can do my 1/2 acre lot plus street front in 40 minutes.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Robert

RobertBallarat, Victoria

Big Bob is definetly up to the Big Job!

Date PurchasedDec 2016

See all Supaswift Big Bob Series reviews

pwpasked

I'm retiring an exhausted Victa Utility 2 stroke. It's light and highly maneuverable round our sloping block with lots of funny little corners. Did my dough on a Honda Heritage. It's heavy and hopeless getting into tight awkward spots. I'll cut my losses and sell it. The SuperSwift Big Bob with the Honda GXV may be a better option. But it's 100% impossible to get information about it on the www. Like weight. How many kgs? Physical dimensions other than just the cutting width. Unobtainable. Basic info I would have thought.

Curbow79
Curbow79

I love my BigBob but it's not the best mower for slopes/tight spots. You could stay with 2-strokes and get a Victa MSP462. Or get the Little Bob. Or a Masport 460. 18 inch utility mowers are so much fun to use I collect them.

pwp

Thanks for the reply Curbow79, you're a utility mower aficionado! Wouldn't go near a now Chinese made Victa. SuperSwift BigBob sounds great but Little Bob may be best for my slopes and tight spots. Total area is not huge, less than 20 minutes with an 18 inch mower. Too bad Little Bob comes with the Honda GCV160 vs the Honda GXV160 engine fitted to the Big Bob. Is Big Bob worth getting if only for the better Honda GXV160 engine?

Did some searches (too late) on the Honda HRU196 Heritage. It's a thumping 44kg! The wheels literally leave trenches if I have a wet lawn. A guy at AllPower told me Big Bob is 33kg so presumably Little Bob will come in a few kg's lighter.

Get an answer from our members and Supaswift representatives