Superannuation Advice Australia Questions & Answers

Listing monitored by Superannuation Advice Australia

17 questions from our users

David Muliaga
David Muliaga asked

Hi my name is David Muliaga and I have lost super can you help put it all together and give me a full detail amount and also advise me on which is the best super fund to put it in to.

Louise C.Superannuation Advice Australia

Hi David, we are sorry to hear that your current strategy is not performing well. Upon review of your current goals and personal circumstances, Superannuation Advice Australia can definitely seek to assist with recommendations and strategies to assist in guiding you towards better outcomes in the future. Whilst we can no longer assist with Lost Super Searches, we may be able to assist in showing you how to identify any lost super with your MyGov app, and if appropriate, further assist with recommendations on a more suitable investment strategy for your retirement. Please email clientcareteam@superadviceaustralia.com, should you wish to take forward. Thank you for your question, The SAA Team

teresa atkin
teresa atkinasked

Can someone tell me roughly how much the charges are to set up everything, I know every situation is different, just a rough guide. thanks

Louise C.Superannuation Advice Australia

Hi Teresa, you are 100% correct. The exact fee depends on each individual’s situation, but there is a fee outline in our Financial Services Guide, which covers what we charge fees for, who we are and how we provide advice. You can click the link at the bottom of this message, and it will take you to the online version on our website. Having said that, before a client joins, we always prepare a personalised Statement of Advice. This outlines all fees, what the advice is, how we arrived at this tailored strategy, and what the benefits would be. That way, you get to make a fully informed decision before joining Superannuation Advice Australia. Thank you for your question, The SAA Team

RLynne
RLynneasked

How long will my Super of $250,000 last, moderately defensive & drawing $30,000 a year

Louise C.Superannuation Advice Australia

Hi RLynne, our Advice Team is excellent at preparing these projections, but to ensure accuracy, we would need a bit more information about your personal situation. Current investment returns for moderately defensive strategies are very close to the inflation rate in Australia of around 3%. As such, investing the suggested sum in moderately defensive assets only, it is likely the funds would be exhausted in under 10 years. Thank you for your question, The SAA Team

RLynne
RLynneasked

How long will my Super last withdrawing $30.000 a year

Louise C.Superannuation Advice Australia

Hi RLynne, as per the above response, and if the parameters remain the same, it is likely that the funds would be exhausted in under 10 years. Thank you for your question, The SAA Team

Sam L.
Sam L.asked

And if I work in the mines can I still get it?

Louise C.Superannuation Advice Australia

Hi Sam, we would need to gather a lot more personal information to give you a definite answer, but generally speaking, Income Protection Insurance is available to many people who work within the mining sector through either fully underwritten personal cover, or in some instances, offered as a default in their preferred Industry fund.
In general terms, miners can be eligible for underwritten personal income protection cover, but it really does depend on the type of work involved, time underground, exposure to explosives, your age, medical and claims history, etc. Thank you for your question, The SAA Team

Sam L.
Sam L.asked

Do you do income protection insurance and who is it through?

Louise C.Superannuation Advice Australia

Hi Sam, please note above feedback provided. Thank you for your question, The SAA Team

Rick A.
Rick A.asked

A friend who uses you guys said that there is a way that you can get paid for dropping your kids to school. Is that true?

Super Advice AustraliaSuperannuation Advice Australia

Hi Rick, there is indeed a government subsidy - find out more here:

Many thanks,

LukeJ
LukeJasked

Why do all the reviewers who give you 5 stars all only have 1 review on this site? That is so fishy!

Hi Luke,

Our Client Care team conduct regular surveys with clients to ensure our service is meeting their expectations. As part of that survey we use a link supplied by Product Review so clients can write a review of their experience. We’re really grateful that clients take the time to sign up to Product Review and we love getting their feedback.

It only takes a few weeks of being a client to realise that what we do is very different to a typical financial adviser. We pride ourselves on going above and beyond for clients and commit time and resources to ensure our clients receive 5 star service.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Many thanks,
the Superannuation Advice Australia team.

Mark
Markasked

Hi could you please advise me please .I currently salary sacrifice $100 a week into my super.
Should I stop give the coronavirus situation and the effects on the Stockmarket and super funds ?
Or should I leave things as they are ?
I’m employed still thankfully so I have no need to use the $100 on expenses .
But I do not wish to throw good money after bad .
If that is what I’m currently doing .

Louise C.Superannuation Advice Australia

Hi Mark, great question. As Advisers, we provide personal advice, so it changes depending on each individual’s situation and goals. If you want to contact us, we can take a proper look at what your goals are, and provide tailored advice on how to achieve them. Thank you for your question, The SAA Team

Mark
Markasked

Or should I leave things as they are ?
I’m employed still thankfully so I have no need to use the $100 on expenses .
But I do not wish to throw good money after bad .
If that is what I’m currently doing .

mervin
mervinasked

My super balance disappearing fast. Invested in growth option 100%. I am planning to change 30% to growth and 70% to conservative. Is that a good idea? what are the consequences if I change.

Louise C.Superannuation Advice Australia

Hi Mervin, we are sorry to hear that your current strategy is not performing well. Upon review of your current goals and personal circumstances, Superannuation Advice Australia can seek to assist with recommendations and strategies to assist in guiding you towards better outcomes in the future. Thank you for your question, The SAA Team

Alex
Alexasked

Is there a fund that invests in gold and not shares

Louise C.Superannuation Advice Australia

Hi Alex, there are funds that give you the ability to invest in gold either directly or indirectly. However, we always recommend speaking to a licensed financial adviser before making investment decisions, so that the benefits of diversification can be fully explained. Thank you for your question, The SAA Team

Kerrie lardenasked

If I collect my super will this affect my pension?

Hi Kerrie,

It’s a great question and it’s something we deal with a lot. Before we can give accurate advice normally one of our licensed financial advisers would assess your current circumstances and get an understanding of your future goals and objectives. Without knowing your personal situation, it’s difficult to give you an accurate answer, but generally speaking, any super withdrawals or switching to Pension will likely impact Centrelink entitlements.

It’s a good idea to have your personal circumstances assessed by a professional adviser and/ or Centrelink staff prior to making any decisions. The Superguide website may be a useful resource for more information: https://www.superguide.com.au/smsfs/age-pension-is-super-benefit-counted-towards-centrelink-assets-test.

If you would like to discuss anything in more detail, please feel free to contact us directly.

Kerrie lardenasked

I have retired in January this year if I collect my super will this affect my pension.

Kerrie larden

I have retired if I collect my super will this affect my pension.?

Hi Kerrie,

Sharon K.
Sharon K.asked

What dose non binding nominate mean

Super Advice AustraliaSuperannuation Advice Australia

A ‘non-binding nomination’ on your Superannuation account generally refers to an
“instruction” to the trustee on who you wish your Super to go to in the event of your
death. The ‘non-binding’ aspect simply informs the trustee of your wishes, but they
are not legally bound to act on those instructions. You can visit the MoneySmart
website for more information:

For more detailed information on estate planning and ‘binding’ nominations, please
feel free to contact us directly.

Libby S.
Libby S.asked

My sister is looking to sign up with your company and I was trying to understand why she wouldn’t just consolidate her own super?

Hi Libby,

Thanks for your question. Generally, if you simply want to consolidate super and you’re comfortable doing it on your own, that’s a good option. Consolidating super is pretty straightforward, so we wouldn’t charge a fee to simply consolidate super. If your sister wants to contact us, we can show her how to do that for free.

We’re actually a licensed financial advisory firm, so we offer personalised financial advice, consolidating super would only be a small part of an overall strategy. Our main job is to ensure that clients are managing their super effectively, they are investing correctly and are on track to achieving their retirement goals. For many clients, they don’t know what the best super fund is or which one they should put their money into or how it should be invested to get them the best results without taking unnecessary risks.

Choosing the right fund and the right investment strategy is important. There’s no benefit consolidating into a poor-performing fund or one that's expensive or too risky for you. There's years where some super funds will actually lose money, while other super funds can make investment returns of over 20% in the same year. It’s a big difference, so it’s important before you consolidate that you choose the right options to suit your age, balance and requirements. That’s where we help.

You could ask your super fund for advice, but don’t be surprised if they tell you that they’re the best. You can speak to a financial adviser, but nearly half the Advisers in Australia are aligned to a super fund or a major bank, so it’s hard to know if their advice is unbiased. On the other hand, Superannuation Advice Australia is a licensed financial advisory firm but we are not aligned to any super fund or bank. We can give you advice based on what’s in your best interests, not theirs.

The easiest way to show you what we can do is to take advantage of our no-obligation review service. We can review your super and provide a full report outlining our recommendations and any fees payable and the potential benefits of our advice. There’s no obligation, so if you choose to go ahead with our advice, that’s great, but if not, there would be no cost. If you would like further information, please feel free to contact us.

Martin C
Martin Casked

Every single review is 5 stars, created by people that signed up the same day they left the review and have never reviewed anything else. Is this just a freakish coincidence?

jenuine
jenuine

Fishy right! I searched up their ABN and they've only been around since September of this year so I don't know how everyone is already getting these huge benefits!

Johnny H.
Johnny H.

Received an unsolicited phone call yesterday from 0401774563 identifying themselves as this company.
Looking here, all but one account (brian, 2 reviews) who have left 5-star reviews here have only done the one review:
Members since 28 Nov 2019 - Brian, Dave Cooke, Brooke, Kelly B
18 Dec 2019 - Sle
20 Dec 2019 - Trish
23 Dec 2019 - Wayne Hardy

Louise C.Superannuation Advice Australia

Hi Martin, our Client Care team conduct regular surveys with clients to ensure our service is meeting their expectations. As part of this survey process, we use a link supplied by ProductReview so that clients can write a review of their experience. We are really grateful that clients take the time to sign-up to ProductReview and we appreciate receiving their feedback. We do get a lot of 5-Star reviews. Nothing freakish; we work hard to consistently deliver great service. Thank you for your question, The SAA Team

Get an answer from our members and Superannuation Advice Australia representatives

Other Financial Planning Services