Superannuation Advice Australia Questions & Answers

Verified🏆 2024 Award
Paul G.
Paul G.

I have 400 k in super and have house paid. No other assets. I want to retire in 6 months at 60 what sort of income would I get?

I’ve been contacted by AGAT TO REVIEW MY SUPER are they a scammer

Doreen O.
Doreen O.

same…sounds like scam to me…i didn’t give any personal details away

Is AGAT super a scam

Meg
Meg

Can you please tell me if Hub24 super is any good . I’m being pressured to change from Hesta to Hub24 by a financial planner that I had an appointment with . The fees seem very high and I haven’t heard much about it . Meg

Superannuation Advice Australia   DM

Hello Meg, Thanks for your query regarding SAA.
We apologise that you felt pressurised on the call; this does not align with our internal processes. SAA would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the situation in more detail. If this is something you would like to do, please reply via this private platform or follow the below link, and leave your contact details – name, contact number and time preferred contact time.
external link .
We thank you for your feedback, and hope to hear back from you to resolve any concerns you may have.
The SAA Team

JOHN H.
JOHN H.

I have joined Australian Super and have been unable to transfer preexisting funds from BT PANORAMA into my new super account with Australian Super via the automated system they use.Please tell me how I can do this .

Superannuation Advice Australia   DM

Hi John, we are disappointed to hear that you have moved to AustralianSuper. However, we are here to help wherever possible – to make the transition as smooth and as efficient as possible. Please can you kindly email your full name, as well as your preferred contact number, and time of day - when it would be most convenient for SAA to make contact, to: external link . We look forward to receiving your reply via this private contact portal – and assisting with the transfer of your funds, accordingly. Many thanks, The SAA Team

Phil
Phil

Can I change my mind after I sign the first lot of documents and before I sign the third party documents that have been sent, I feel like I have been rushed into it and signed the first lot of documents before reading up on all of this, just got me at weak moment as just kept getting phone calls. Will I be charged anything if I don't go ahead with it, why is it just under $5000 to start, when there will be ongoing fees ?

Superannuation Advice Australia   DM

Hi Phil, no need to worry. Superannuation Advice Australia is a licensed financial advisory firm, and we always put the best interests of our clients first. You are welcome to change your mind and there definitely won’t be any charges levied.

Our goal is to make our clients lives easier. If you are not sure, it would be best to take some time, discuss further with our financial advisers and make sure the service is definitely what you need, before we do anything.

If you would like to private message your details, we can contact you directly. Alternatively, please give us a call or send an email; whatever is most convenient for you.

Thank you for reaching out Phil, The SAA Team

David Muliaga
David Muliaga

Hi my name is David Muliaga and I have lost super can you help put it all together and give me a full detail amount and also advise me on which is the best super fund to put it in to.

Superannuation Advice Australia   DM

Hi David, we are sorry to hear that your current strategy is not performing well. Upon review of your current goals and personal circumstances, Superannuation Advice Australia can definitely seek to assist with recommendations and strategies to assist in guiding you towards better outcomes in the future. Whilst we can no longer assist with Lost Super Searches, we may be able to assist in showing you how to identify any lost super with your MyGov app, and if appropriate, further assist with recommendations on a more suitable investment strategy for your retirement. Please email clientcareteam@superadviceaustralia.com, should you wish to take forward. Thank you for your question, The SAA Team

teresa atkin
teresa atkin

Can someone tell me roughly how much the charges are to set up everything, I know every situation is different, just a rough guide. thanks

Superannuation Advice Australia   DM

Hi Teresa, you are 100% correct. The exact fee depends on each individual’s situation, but there is a fee outline in our Financial Services Guide, which covers what we charge fees for, who we are and how we provide advice. You can click the link at the bottom of this message, and it will take you to the online version on our website. Having said that, before a client joins, we always prepare a personalised Statement of Advice. This outlines all fees, what the advice is, how we arrived at this tailored strategy, and what the benefits would be. That way, you get to make a fully informed decision before joining Superannuation Advice Australia. Thank you for your question, The SAA Team
external link

RLynne

How long will my Super of $250,000 last, moderately defensive & drawing $30,000 a year

Superannuation Advice Australia   DM

Hi RLynne, our Advice Team is excellent at preparing these projections, but to ensure accuracy, we would need a bit more information about your personal situation. Current investment returns for moderately defensive strategies are very close to the inflation rate in Australia of around 3%. As such, investing the suggested sum in moderately defensive assets only, it is likely the funds would be exhausted in under 10 years. Thank you for your question, The SAA Team

How long will my Super last withdrawing $30.000 a year

Superannuation Advice Australia   DM

Hi RLynne, as per the above response, and if the parameters remain the same, it is likely that the funds would be exhausted in under 10 years. Thank you for your question, The SAA Team

Sam L.

And if I work in the mines can I still get it?

Superannuation Advice Australia   DM

Hi Sam, we would need to gather a lot more personal information to give you a definite answer, but generally speaking, Income Protection Insurance is available to many people who work within the mining sector through either fully underwritten personal cover, or in some instances, offered as a default in their preferred Industry fund.
In general terms, miners can be eligible for underwritten personal income protection cover, but it really does depend on the type of work involved, time underground, exposure to explosives, your age, medical and claims history, etc. Thank you for your question, The SAA Team

Sam L.

Do you do income protection insurance and who is it through?

Superannuation Advice Australia   DM

Hi Sam, please note above feedback provided. Thank you for your question, The SAA Team

Rick A.
Rick A.

A friend who uses you guys said that there is a way that you can get paid for dropping your kids to school. Is that true?

Superannuation Advice Australia   DM

Hi Rick, there is indeed a government subsidy - find out more here: external link

Many thanks,

LukeJ
LukeJ

Why do all the reviewers who give you 5 stars all only have 1 review on this site? That is so fishy!

Superannuation Advice Australia   DM

Hi Luke, Our Client Care team conduct regular surveys with clients to ensure our service is meeting their expectations. As part of that survey we use a link supplied by Product Review so clients can write a review of their experience. We’re really grateful that clients take the time to sign up to Product Review and we love getting their feedback.

It only takes a few weeks of being a client to realise that what we do is very different to a typical financial adviser. We pride ourselves on going above and beyond for clients and commit time and resources to ensure our clients receive 5 star service.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Many thanks,
the Superannuation Advice Australia team.

Mark

Hi could you please advise me please .I currently salary sacrifice $100 a week into my super.
Should I stop give the coronavirus situation and the effects on the Stockmarket and super funds ?
Or should I leave things as they are ?
I’m employed still thankfully so I have no need to use the $100 on expenses .
But I do not wish to throw good money after bad .
If that is what I’m currently doing .

Superannuation Advice Australia   DM

Hi Mark, great question. As Advisers, we provide personal advice, so it changes depending on each individual’s situation and goals. If you want to contact us, we can take a proper look at what your goals are, and provide tailored advice on how to achieve them. Thank you for your question, The SAA Team

Mark

Or should I leave things as they are ?
I’m employed still thankfully so I have no need to use the $100 on expenses .
But I do not wish to throw good money after bad .
If that is what I’m currently doing .

mervin
mervin

My super balance disappearing fast. Invested in growth option 100%. I am planning to change 30% to growth and 70% to conservative. Is that a good idea? what are the consequences if I change.

Superannuation Advice Australia   DM

Hi Mervin, we are sorry to hear that your current strategy is not performing well. Upon review of your current goals and personal circumstances, Superannuation Advice Australia can seek to assist with recommendations and strategies to assist in guiding you towards better outcomes in the future. Thank you for your question, The SAA Team

Alex
Alex

Is there a fund that invests in gold and not shares

Superannuation Advice Australia   DM

Hi Alex, there are funds that give you the ability to invest in gold either directly or indirectly. However, we always recommend speaking to a licensed financial adviser before making investment decisions, so that the benefits of diversification can be fully explained. Thank you for your question, The SAA Team

Kerrie larden

If I collect my super will this affect my pension?

Superannuation Advice Australia   DM

Hi Kerrie, It’s a great question and it’s something we deal with a lot. Before we can give accurate advice normally one of our licensed financial advisers would assess your current circumstances and get an understanding of your future goals and objectives. Without knowing your personal situation, it’s difficult to give you an accurate answer, but generally speaking, any super withdrawals or switching to Pension will likely impact Centrelink entitlements.

It’s a good idea to have your personal circumstances assessed by a professional adviser and/ or Centrelink staff prior to making any decisions. The Superguide website may be a useful resource for more information: external link .

If you would like to discuss anything in more detail, please feel free to contact us directly.

Kerrie larden

I have retired in January this year if I collect my super will this affect my pension.

Kerrie larden

I have retired if I collect my super will this affect my pension.?

Superannuation Advice Australia   DM

Get an answer from our members and Superannuation Advice Australia representatives