10Supreme Executive

Supreme Executive Questions & Answers

Sharon M.
Sharon M. · Supreme Executive

Does the table turn into an extra bed ?

Supreme Caravans
Supreme Caravans   DM

Hi Sharon, Depending on the layout and year but if you have an L Shape lounge and a drop-down table leg your table can drop down so you can use it as a bed you will need to purchase a TIC cushion.

andretti
andretti · Supreme Executive

Window sizes width

Jim A.
Jim A. · Executive 21'6 MY20

How to remove washing machine from my executive series 2 2010 caravan

Jean
Jean · Supreme Executive

Hi has any one got a supreme executive 2018/ 2019 review they would like to place a product review on
and hopefully be honest

Greg D · Supreme Executive

Have recently placed a deposit on a Supreme Executive with a large Adelaide dealer - however after reading these reviews I am getting very concerned - for every good story there seems to be three bad ones.

We take delivery of the van next year ( our choice) and this will be our first van so we are definitely in the learner category .

Any advice from seasoned caravaners for anything I can do prior to accepting would be appreciated.

Ken C

The basic van is now what one would expect for the money. It was teething problems and the attitude of Greens. The only thing they fixed for us without qualm was spare tyre had been punctured and ran flat. New one supplied and fitted. Since all problems fixed we have been for a run up to Darwin (and back). No problems even though we travelled from Hells Gate Qld to Booroolala NT. If I had any idea of how bad the road was I would not have travelled it. Worst 100 something kilometres I have covered. Last thing to crop up was a water leak from the shower. Around the plug hole the base is not supported and so when showering and one stands near the plug hole the base goes down and leaves a gap between the base and the plug. I fixed it by putting expandex into the hole but did not allow for how much expansion occors so we now have a slightly raised centre and no leaks. I have a friend who repairs vans and he tells me this is a fairly common fault.

If Greens had the right attitude and really tried to help us we would not have any real complaint. Enjoy your caravanning!

Harvey95

I made the mistake of not carrying out a complete inspection of my van when I took delivery. When I got it home and in the months following I noticed more and more problems with the van. Firstly the sullage hose connection was wrong plumbing and I had to buy new hose and connection from Supreme. Check all of the doors and that the keys fit and open reasonably easy. I still have trouble with my boot key and have in fact had to slightly bend the door the get it to close.Other problems that I have had to fix were skirting boards coming a drift, shower door surround keeps falling of and the veggie shelves brake everytime we go out.

Finally check the tow ball hich. I have a Pajero to tow with but when the van is hooked up we cannot open the rear door. Good luck with your van and safe vanning.

Greg D

Harvey 95 many thanks - yes I think my pre acceptance inspection is going to be very thorough

again thanks GregD

Tom n Tula
Tom n Tula

My partner and I recently purchased a supreme van earlier this year in Melbourne. When ordering we were quite happy with the salesman.

We received the plans and checked them before signing them and returning them. A month before pick up I called and asked how it was progressing... I was told that the signed plans wernt received! One would assume after u paid a deposit etc they would contact you and see how things were going if the plans wernt received.

Not sure what happened but luckily I kept the fax receipt. The van was completed as requested much thanks to the manager Michael. As we requested a stone guard on the front the A frame was lengthened by 30cm. To accommodate this.

So pick up day arrives!! I drive 5 hours to Melbourne and picks it up. All appears fine and off I go! 1km up the road I am overtaken by a truck and the external shower door flys open and the shower starts flapping in the wind!!!!

I turn around and staff fix the problem ASAP. All good. Upon close inspection the next day I notice a hole in the bottom of the scree door! Plus the stone guard and gas cylinders are put halfway up the A frame!! Thus causing the tray to put two nice holes in it while driving home.

I call and advise supreme and all sympathy shown but no offer to fix it. I got the gas cylinders moved back at my expense and asked that they replace the stone guard but they seem to have forgotten how to email.

As for the rest of the van we are happy. And you should have no issues. We spoke to a lot of supreme owners who say the vans are good but the service is crap.

A few things to note.

Check everything!

Also know what u want as we wernt offered many extra options that a lot of other companies do.

I.e. Gas heating, inverters and the like.

Steve · Supreme Executive

Hi all, my name is Steve. Went to the caravan and camping show in Melbourne, first time caravaner so many to choose from looked at the supreme executive 19'6 salesman was very knowledgeable and was impressed with van and price then read reviews on the supreme which has turned me off a little, now looking at Kokoda or retreat, can someone point me in the right direction?

Ken C

Hi Steve, once we got over the teething problems the van is working well. Not long home from a trip to Darwin (from near Brisbane) and Kakadu and as many side trips as we could fit in. No further problems or complaints. One minor thing relates to the step. It is quite low and I have bent it a couple of times. I need to be more careful when doing a 'U' turn or crossing a creek on gravel road. I have not heard of Kokoda or Retreat.

Regards, Ken

Hi Ken C

Thanks for the feedback still contemplating on witch to go buy will do some

more research plenty of time before our trip

Cheers Steve

John and Linda

Hi Steve, I have had the roof resealed (J moulds) on my van and all good now, in fact it is up for sale for $45500 if interested (0400 975 778 Qld.).

Our greatest concern with Supreme was the lack of after sales support.

I have heard the Kokoda is poorly constructed using cheap SE Asian materials but this is only hearsay and unsupported.

Not familiar with the Retreat so unable to comment.

Regards, John.

Hi John

Thanks for feedback I've heard there after service isn't the best also thanks for the offer but the wife wants a new one

And about Kokoda that is interesting to here that will defiantly do some research

Cheers Steve

Mayflower
Mayflower · Supreme Executive

Hi just picked up yesterday brand new 21 ft Supreme Executive. Yahoo!! Till we checked roof out. Looks like the skin has been attached at either end but nowhere else as you can clearly see it looks a bit like a wave. Is that normal?

Harvey95

No I have owned several other vans (not supreme) and have never experienced any thing lik this. Luckily my Supreme roof was sealed properly (although in several sections and badly' glue over runs on every join, but at least it does not leek YET). Given Supremes service be very careful to get repaiars done. I found when I took my van back for warranty I took photos beforeto prove if work was done.

Sadley the quality of service from Surpreme has gone out the door.

John and Linda

I agree with Harvey95. Sounds like the J mould (that's the mould that joins the roof to the sides) has not been joined properly to the roof. Definitely take it back for warranty repair and record/photograph everything. I would go as far as to record all conversations on your smart phone or a Dictaphone or similar.

Ken C

Mine also is attached around the edges. I think the sheeting is (or should be) glued. Screw holes are possible leaks in the future.

Laurie from Laurieton · Supreme Executive

I have a supreme executive 2009 19'6. One fixed shower glass wall has shattered, whilst parked away! Glazier about to replace soon but not sure how to disassemble the top aluminium piece. It's a curved recess. The two curved doors are ok. Used to fall out when travelling but cured that thanks to a savvy product review person. Supreme deny it happens. Caravan is good but took for 1st service when new, to the factory. What a farce! Drove away with more issues, than I had when I booked it in. Faulty towers alright . I had to replace a faulty door handle in Qld with cash as no one would do it under warranty, as HO Supreme don't pay for the work ,under the warranty. Now do I have to replace the whole shower unit or can just a piece of straight fixed glass be installed? Thanks

John and Linda

That is typical for Supreme. Very forgetful of who their customers are, who and how many other caravaners they will tell stories of woe (like yours and ours) to and where their future customers will come from.

I have no idea about the shower door sorry, our van shower has no curved doors, just one straight pivoting door.

By the way, we now have a New Age 21ft Jewel and very happy with it. Most people we speak to are also very happy with their New Age vans with only cosmetic repairs required.

Ken C

Sorry Laurie, cannot help. Our van has a 3 sided cubicle and 1 straight glass door. We have just come back from a northern holiday and met with a couple that have a "supreme" 23 footer. At about 2 years it started to have cupboard problems. Cause was bending chassis. The interior of the van is a mess although they have paid to have the chassis corrected and reinforced. Looks like most fittings will have to be removed and new made to suit.

Laurie from Laurieton

Thanks John Linda & Ken , on your replies to our shattered shower glass screen. Our local glazier thinks he can replace it . The top curved aluminum strip is pop riveted in. The van has been to Cooktown & on potholed roads but this happened when it was packed away. According to glazier, A fault in glass from manufacture can happen. Van is 5 yrs old travelled to many free camps cobbled roads , very well balanced , good 7 " draw bar . But this is the last straw. Thanks for your advice on the New Age vans. I'll look into it. Many are calling for an active manufacturing controlling body. At present you can close shop & open in a new name making vans. Thanks everyone for your response . Ps anyone tried using the Aldi 2000cc generator ? Met someone who threw their generator from JayCar into the bin after a few uses!

Get an answer from our members and Supreme Caravans representatives

Select a listing for your question
Supreme Executive