8 questions from our users

Port S.

Port S.asked

SureSave

Live in Australia, about to go on a 7 day fishing trip, will be on the mothership each night, during the day going on smaller boats to fish rivers/creeks in the Kimberley. Have selected "Australian Waters". My question is, will this still cover us when we get off the vessel on dry land ?
E.g. Medical evac if required ?

Customer E.SureSave

Hi there,

Yes you would be covered for medical evacuation if you call our Emergency Assistance team.

SureSave Customer Experience

Avr

Avrasked

SureSave

I was about to purchase the ultimate cover for a Nepal Trek until I read Louj's review below. I am now seeking alternative quotes. Would you please explain why Sure Save took so long to settle his claim? Are there any hidden clauses that Sure Save uses to deny claims in circumstances described by Louj?

Jack

Any settlement is probably subject to the way the insurance company interprets the policy. As I stated earlier read the 92 pages of the PDS very carefully and think of all possibilities arising from that situation. If necessary obtain clarification in writing from the insurer.

Customer E.SureSave

Hi Avr,

Unfortunately this was a case of human error which resulted in the claim being underpaid. The customer alerted us to the error 2 days after the claim was settled, after which the claims officer immediately put in request to have this rectified. The full payment to the customer was processed within 5 working days as it needed to be approved by their supervisor and go through the payment process.

We understand that this is not an ideal situation and apologise sincerely to the customer that they had a negative experience. However please rest assured this was human error and not an issue with the coverage included in the customer's plan.

We hope you have an amazing time in Nepal!

Customer Experience, SureSave

Taffy

Taffyasked

SureSave

Is the Age requirement, 80 . based on date cover taken out .age during travel. i.e turn 81 during travel

Alison D.SureSave

There’s no age-limit for our Comprehensive international and Domestic plans. However, if you are 81 or over, we will ask you some questions about your health and lifestyle at the time you buy your policy and then determine whether we will offer you cover and on what terms.

You will need to enter the age you are when you buy the policy. It does not matter if you have a birthday before departure or within the trip.

Stephen Avery

Stephen Averyasked

Hi There,
I have been recommended to use your company for travel insurance on our overseas hoilday to Vietnam and Cambodia in May 2018.
I have question in regard to Events under item 2.5 Someone at home is sick, injured or dies.
I am the power of attorney and next of kin to my auntie who has no children of her own, who has recently in November 2017 has been admitted to a nursing home to live after 67 years in her own home. It become to much for her to look after now.
Am I and my wife covered under your travel insurance policy for costs to return home unexpectantly if she was to die?

Sophc
Sophc

Hi
This isn’t my company sorry.
I just used them last year for my trip to the USA. I found them very hard to deal with.... they made me feel like a criminal when all I wanted to do was claim what I was entitled to, when I became sick. I would not use sure save again

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for submitting your question. The listed events under benefit 2.5 include where you are unable to travel due to certain incidents occurring to a close relative of you or your travelling companion.

The policy wording has a special definition of a close relative which can be found on page 81. From the information you've provided, although you are the next of kin to your aunt, it is not apparent that she would fall under the policy definition for this cover to apply.

‘close relative’ means your relative (or a relative of a member of your travelling party) who is residing in Australia or New Zealand. It includes only these relations: spouse, de facto partner; parent, parent-in-law, de facto parent and de facto parent-in-law; child, daughter-in-law, son-in-law; brother, sister, brother-in-law and sister-in-law; grandchild and grandparent; step-parent, step-son and step-daughter; fiancé and fiancée; legal guardian; and niece and nephew.

We do not have any exclusions against offering cover for a close relative who is in a nursing home, however there is an ‘Existing Medical Conditions Claim Cap’ which means that, should a claim arise from an existing medical condition, the most we will pay is $2000 for each primary traveller.

Hope this helps - it is important to read the policy wording and determine if the cover offered is right for you.

Elenor, Customer Experience
www.suresave.com.au

Miccol

Miccolasked

SureSave

Does SureSave provide cover for people with asthma AND allergies?

Alison D.SureSave

Hi Miccol, thanks for your question. While individually, asthma and allergies are automatically covered under our standard policy, our criteria for cover means that asthma and allergies (together) are not automatically covered.

However, you can still apply to have them covered as a specified medical condition during the quote process.

For information on existing medical conditions and applying for cover, visit https://www.suresave.com.au/travel-insurance-pre-existing-medical-conditions. If you have any other questions feel free to get in touch with our Customer Contact Centre on 1300 787 376.

Lynette Bridgette

Lynette Bridgetteasked

SureSave

We would like to get cover for pre existing complaint, to U>S>A.
I want to speak to a person re the conditions. what is your phone number?

Lyn & Brian

Jessica W.SureSave

Hi Lyn and Brian.
Our Customer Service Centre is available to answer calls on 1300 787 376.
Give them a call and they'll be able to answer all your questions.

Alison, Customer Experience, SureSave

Tiger

Tigerasked

SureSave

Hello there, my name is Anthony coombe, I recently made a cover with RACT Tasmania, policy number SSAUS17015411, we are travelling 8th April till 26th April to Brisbane and Sunshine Coast and visiting our daughter in Ipswich something we have done each year for three years. I have hired a Rental Car as before, on this occasion we have taken this cover with you good people; my query is, the RACT employee told us this policy covers the Insurance EXCESS of $4,500 in case of an accident, can you please confirm this, thanking you, Tony Coombe and Maureen Coombe, 32 Henley Street Lindisfarne Tasmania.

Alison D.SureSave

Hi Anthony, thanks for contacting us. Yes this is correct, your domestic policy covers the excess on your rental vehicle insurance up to $5000. If you have any further questions about your policy, feel free to contact your travel agent or info@suresave.com.au, and we'll be more than happy to assist. Hope you have a lovely time on your trip!

Elenor, Customer Experience
www.suresave.com.au

Molly Basked

SureSave

I have been told that I can be covered for a pre existing heart condition. The additional premium seems very reasonable. I am keen to hear of anyone who has travelled with such a condition and their experience with SureSave

Toolernvale
Toolernvale

Hi I would look into it thoroughly as generally pre medical ailments are not covered. I would not trust Suresave policy.

Molly B

Hi.. Thank you for your comments. Is there something in particular that you are thinking about in reference to their policy? Should I contact you directly? fbleaney@gmail.com is my email address if that would be appropriate.

lance cody
lance cody

Had existing heart condition and when arranging policy Sursave accepted but with additional premium however had to claim on policy and all the crap and delays started. Still awaiting payment.
Definitely wont be using these thieves again lance.pem@bigpond.com

Get an answer from our members and SureSave representatives