survey

yes it was easy
.and kelly is a very good travel agent
it is the first holiday i have had for a very long time
and thoroughly enjoyed the cruise

Alison D.SureSave

Hi Marianne, thanks for the review - great to hear you found it easy to set up your policy. Glad you had a terrific time on your cruise, sounds like a well-deserved holiday!

www.suresave.com.au

Football Tour

The policy offered was exactly what we required and we choose SureSave as a group due to past involvement. On one tour a player's (15 year old) luggage was accidently sent to another continent. SureSave were contacted and they immediately authorised for us to purchase the necessary clothes and toiletries for him to be able to operate normally in his day to day activities.

Alison D.SureSave

Travel Insurance Available When you Need it.

I have a pre existing medical condition and was so happy to be able to answer a thorough questionnaire and obtain travel insurance. I will use Sure Save again, it was easy to set up and very competitive pricing

Mitch

Mitch

Pre-existing medical conditions covered :)

I had some pre-existing medical conditions so the cost was double what my partner paid. But that was ok with me given my state of health.
Very easy to set up, did it all on line. Very happy with the easy-to-use web site.
I called customer support as I needed to change the dates , very helpful. Great email communication after i purchased the policy. Very impressed.

Wrex

WrexTownsville

Good service

I have a pre existing medical condition so find obtaining travel insurance difficult to obtain although I have never made a claim. I have used SureSave several times and find the staff helpful.

You always require insurance

I have used SureSave numerous times and never had a problem although I have never made a claim. As I need pre existing medical insurance I always ring and discuss with customer support staff to make sure I have what I require. Customer support have always been very professional and helpful with all my questions and I can honestly say the policy is easy to set up.

Alison D.SureSave

WORST INSURANCE COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH! SAVE YOURSELF THE HEARTACHE AND STAY AWAY!!!

Longest most tedious insurance claim of any sort I have ever experienced in my life. Can take weeks on end to respond... and we are heading into the 5th month and this claim has still not been finalised. Get ready for a long drawn out experience... or just pray you don't have any illness or misadventure while traveling and have to claim from a service you paid for.

Alison D.SureSave

Happy with the cover provided

.Policy issued was good value - more particularly re the pre-existing medical condition cover.
. Policy not the easiest to set up as had to negotiate the initial refusal re pre-existing content - maybe partly my fault as originally might not have clearly outlined the status of my non hodgkins lymphoma cancer.
. Well satisfied with the manner in which cover set up - consultants David/Nathan most helpful/courteous in our dealings

Alison D.SureSave

It is the most important part of any overseas trip

This is the second time i have used SURESAVE after being recommended to me by my travel agent a few years ago.Now that i do all my own planning and booking Suresave is a crucial part my travel.Your policy is easy to understand and reasonably priced.Its sad to see changes made due to people not doing the right thing....Thanks again and i will be using you again next year.....

Georgina Walker

Georgina Walker

Insurance is a must.

I have always used your service for well over ?11 years and only had one minor claim in that time - happy but sense you are more expensive than other providers.

Good product

Sure save is hard to review when I don't need to make a claim. Surfboards were in the package so I was happy to use Suresave as it's difficult to find a provider who covers surfboards. The paperwork was simple and easy to understand

Glors2323

Glors2323Ashtonfield

If you can't afford insurance ... you can afford to travel

I never travel without it. A friend had an accident in USA and was covered for all medical costs, otherwise she would have had to pay huge medical bills.

I have not made a claim as yet and I hope never to make one

Alison D.SureSave

Hi Glors2323, thanks for the review and for sharing your friend's experience! Glad to hear you always travel with travel insurance - hope your friend has made a full recovery.

www.suresave.com.au.

JoTSydney

Never Use This Company

JoT

I have sent you my phone number over a week ago and you still haven't called. SO UNPROFESSIONAL

Alison D.SureSave

Hi JoT, I've kept an eye out for your details, but haven't seen anything come through to elenor@suresave.com.au. I've just sent you a private message, so feel free to send details via a response.

Kind regards,
Elenor

Perfect cover no need to worry.

The cover was excellent with all the protection that would ever be needed.Compared with other policies that we have had in the past your coverage was tops as I have had health problems in the past and never had a claim it is still good to have the confidence in your insurer. Policy costs were very competitive with others with in my opinion you are better than most thank you, til next time regards John and Lidia Hollister.

Alison D.SureSave

Insurance for travel unfortunately a necessity

The policy is a necessity for travel overseas, outside of Australia would not travel without it. It is unfortunate that we have to pay an additional fee over and above what we are currently paying within Australia through Medicare to travel.

Alison D.SureSave

Expensive but having trouble finding insurers for pre-existing conditions even though I have never h

Good value? - don't know, didn't have to claim but thought premium excessive.
Easy to set up? - not particularly, would like to gain reduction in premium for future cover having had no claim and because of never having had a medical or other emergency in my life.
Customer Support? - Grateful you covered me fully.
I am not very computer literate so cannot upload proof of policy.

Phil

PhilCairns

Love it, easy to use and covers everything I need

Yes, I have always found SureSave good value
Policy was easy to set up and easily understood
Didn't need to use customer support, but I have a friend who did and found you excellent.

Alison D.SureSave

Hi Phil, thanks for the review. Great to hear you found our cover to be good value and easy to understand. Hope you had a great trip, and please pass on our thanks to your friend for the kind words!

www.suresave.com.au

ROBBEDSydney

WARNING WARNING WARNING!!!!!!! Avoid this company

Sure Save made claiming on my travel insurance the most painful experience.
Their response time was appalling and they did everything to avoid paying the claim.
Being uninsured would give you more peace of mind then being insured with these thieves.
The claims consultants are extremely well trained to frustrate you, mitigate their payouts and to blatantly rob you.
BE WARNED!!!!!! Don't find out the hard way!!! Avoid SURE SAVE. Only thing they are sure to save is themselves from paying out!!!!! Typical dudding insurance company. Zero stars.

ROBBED

Your organisation cost me time and money

1. NO
2. Reasonable
3. NO
It took a long time to answer my emails whilst I was in England.I was phoned in England early in the morning 1am - 4am (very annoying) then you didn't confirm our discussion by email, hence, I was not able to go to Kenya for 2 weeks as I was not sure if i was covered for insurance. It is not sufficient to say something on the phone without confirming that conversation for such an important matter. This inaction has cost me time and money .
I now have to go to Kenya from Australia.

Exellent Service

The last 3 overseas trips we have used Sure Save and each time the process was seamless. We consider the premium was good value. This last trip we made our 1st claim, again the process was simple. the claim was processed efficiently with minimal queries. we will definitely use Sure Save in the future.

Port S.

Port S.asked

Live in Australia, about to go on a 7 day fishing trip, will be on the mothership each night, during the day going on smaller boats to fish rivers/creeks in the Kimberley. Have selected "Australian Waters". My question is, will this still cover us when we get off the vessel on dry land ?
E.g. Medical evac if required ?

Customer E.SureSave

Hi there,

Yes you would be covered for medical evacuation if you call our Emergency Assistance team.

SureSave Customer Experience

Avr

Avrasked

I was about to purchase the ultimate cover for a Nepal Trek until I read Louj's review below. I am now seeking alternative quotes. Would you please explain why Sure Save took so long to settle his claim? Are there any hidden clauses that Sure Save uses to deny claims in circumstances described by Louj?

Jack

Any settlement is probably subject to the way the insurance company interprets the policy. As I stated earlier read the 92 pages of the PDS very carefully and think of all possibilities arising from that situation. If necessary obtain clarification in writing from the insurer.

Customer E.SureSave

Hi Avr,

Unfortunately this was a case of human error which resulted in the claim being underpaid. The customer alerted us to the error 2 days after the claim was settled, after which the claims officer immediately put in request to have this rectified. The full payment to the customer was processed within 5 working days as it needed to be approved by their supervisor and go through the payment process.

We understand that this is not an ideal situation and apologise sincerely to the customer that they had a negative experience. However please rest assured this was human error and not an issue with the coverage included in the customer's plan.

We hope you have an amazing time in Nepal!

Customer Experience, SureSave

Taffy

Taffyasked

Is the Age requirement, 80 . based on date cover taken out .age during travel. i.e turn 81 during travel

Alison D.SureSave

There’s no age-limit for our Comprehensive international and Domestic plans. However, if you are 81 or over, we will ask you some questions about your health and lifestyle at the time you buy your policy and then determine whether we will offer you cover and on what terms.

You will need to enter the age you are when you buy the policy. It does not matter if you have a birthday before departure or within the trip.

Get an answer from our members and SureSave representatives

SureSave Travel Insurance - Annual Frequent Traveller

SureSave Travel Insurance - Comprehensive Plan

SureSave Travel Insurance - Comprehensive Plan

CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Contact Number 1300 787 3761300 787 3761300 787 3761300 787 376
Email Address info@suresave.com.auinfo@suresave.com.auinfo@suresave.com.auinfo@suresave.com.au
24-Hour Phone Contact NoNoNoNo
Online Live Chat NoNoNoNo
UnderwriterXL Insurance Company SEXL Insurance Company SEXL Insurance Company SEXL Insurance Company SE
Maximum Age Covered 76 years old111 years old76 years old111 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedNot CoveredUnlimitedUnlimited
Accidental Death$25,000$10,000$10,000$25,000
Emergency Dental$1,000Not Included$1,000$1,000
Pregnancy (max weeks) 26 weeks26 weeks26 weeks26 weeks
Resumption of Journey $3,000Not IncludedNot Included$3,000
Hospital Cash Allowance$6,000Not IncludedNot Included$6,000
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedNot CoveredUnlimitedUnlimited
Loss of Income$10,400Not IncludedNot Included$2,000
Permanent Disability$12,500Not IncludedNot Included$12,500
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $250$250$250$250
Delayed Luggage $500 after 12 hours$500 after 12 hours$250 after 12 hours$500 for over 12 hours
Credit Card Fraud$250$2,000$1,000$2,000
Travel Documents / Passport $2,000Not IncludedUnlimited$2,000
Maximum Single Item Limit $4,000 (laptops, notebooks, tablets, cameras)$4,000 (Laptops, Notebooks, Tablets, Cameras)$4,000 (Laptops, Notebooks, Tablets, Cameras)$4,000 (Laptops, Notebooks, Tablets, Cameras)
Luggage & Personal Effects Included$4,000$3,000$12,000