Survival Supplies Australia

Survival Supplies Australia

1 review
  • Return Claim MadeYes (1) · No

Pure sine wave inverter

I needed an inverter for my off grid set up, I bought the wrong one, and the owner of Aussie survivor looked after me and solved my problem in a few hours, very diplomatically. I am very happy and the price was right.Mark. W.A.

James V.

This review is for Aussie Survivor camping supplies,Ocean Beach Western Australia, Not survival supplies australia

See all Survival Supplies Australia reviews

ritarayfree

ritarayfreeasked

how much water would you need to save to add to a years supply of food?

Bram Sanders
Bram Sanders

You need to consider a few things, 1 A person needs around 1lt of water per day, (depending on the age, size, weight) to remain hydrated, and functioning normally. 2 also consider your actively levels and environment (if your living in area's with high humidity conditions you may need more) So with that taken into consideration, if you had 1lt of water for each day, 365 Lts would be more that sufficient in my opinion! I hope this has helped you with your planning!? Stay safe mate.

Stephen
Stephen

1 of per day would suffice if you were inactive in a cool environment. However in a survival situation or in the event of society breaking down you will no doubt have to be active in your endeavours to endure, add to that the Australian climate and the necessity of having some back up you should allow at least 4 lts per person per day. Also you will need water for rehydrating freeze dried food

Selleyon
Selleyon

In the army on exercise we worked on 20 litres per man per day. That was for drinking, cooking and basic hygiene (cleaning teeth and maybe a wet towel wash; not showering). In East Timor we drank up to 9 litres a day in the summer! Your needs may vary. So consider your basic hydration needs. If you wish to store water consider the risk of contamination if using recycled storage containers. At home I have generic brand bottled water and I rotate stock so it's never too 'stale'.

Get an answer from our members and Survival Supplies Australia representatives