Suzuki Baleno EW

Suzuki Baleno EW (2016-2021)

Also referred to as: Suzuki Baleno EW 2020 and Suzuki Baleno EW 2022. GLX, GLX Turbo, GL
See the Best Hatchbacks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Suzuki? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Features
River Man
River ManMid North Coast, NSW

Simple no fuss motoring

Purchased brand new in Melbourne in Jan 2018 for my wife and immediately driven to our Grafton NSW home in 2 days. It performed perfectly, despite 2 adults, a working kelpie and 85% of the travel luggage (removed from our X-Trail trade-in) on board. The more you drive this car the more you appreciate how "fit for purpose" it realy is (my SUV is a luxury Nissan Murano Ti and the Suzuki still gives me a smile when ever my wife allows me to drive it). Suzuki's are like iPhones, they simply work without the unnessasary crap that comes with android devices. Would I buy another Suzuki? Yep!

Purchased in January 2018.

Zane
ZaneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Some pros and cons compare to previous MY

Purchased in March 2021.

Dani
DaniSouth Australia

Good city car, economical, affordable, reliable... Excellent AC.

Good city car, economical, affordable, reliable...
Excellent AC.
Good value for money.

But

Due to reduced insolation it can become a bit noisy (in bad roads) and hot (requiring the use of the AC)

The head rest is too much leaning forward becoming uncomfortable for long drive

The central console work's well but it is not the easiest to use... Requires some getting used to and some patients

Purchased in March 2016 for $16,500.00.

Mark
Mark

Typical Suzuki. Bloody awesome.

Purchased in September 2020 at Suzuki Dealers for $17,600.00.

HS C.
HS C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good value zoom car

The paint top coat is easy to chipped off, annoying for a new car.

Overall suit for the purpose, reliable and affordable city commute car. It has large space inside for up to 4 people. If the seat can be flatted down like Jazz, it will be perfect.

Purchased in December 2019 at Suzuki Dealers for $17,000.00.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Kedan
Kedanmelbourne

Very bad car and special very bad customer service also

Hi Purchased Suzuki Baleno Jan 2020. i am not happy with car the amount i paid. i am thinking if i paid similar amount you with other brand might be i get better quality car and better customer service. within a two months my car key broken and i went to Suzuki service center to fix my car key. According to them they don't cover warranty. Second important thing on car doing to much vibration on highway. Third important things front internal dashboard is very cheap quality you hear all time noise of plastic.

Purchased in January 2020 at Suzuki Dealers for $17,900.00.

Rudy Chilwan
Rudy ChilwanNew South Wales

Fantastic courier vehicle

240,000 klms trouble free.Serviced by agents with no major problems thus far.Extremely economical.If you need something faster I suggest you buy a Porsche.One of the most reliable cars I have ever owned.

Purchased in January 2017 at Suzuki Dealers for $16,000.00.

Sam
SamGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good for A to Z with all the gear needed

Great small compact car, with great bootspace and entertainment and safety function.
Easy to drive and suitable for newbies of a vehicle in their family, great for driving UBER too and also great backroom space for passengers too.
Only downside was that it is not ANCAP safety rated yet

Purchased in June 2016 at Suzuki Dealers for $16,000.00.

Other Hatchbacks

Very hardy little car, Fast take off and zoomy car.

Can't say anything bad, you get lots for your money and the car is quite powerful. Very spacious, good stereo, easy to drive, looks good. Very proud to own one.

Purchased in November 2016 at Suzuki Dealers for $16,500.00.

Viny
VinyPerth, WA

Not great

I bought Suzuki beleno 2019 modal brand new car just to drive Uber . After 2 weeks I went to Uber place and they I’m not able to drive my car cause this is not safety rating stuff . Which makes me so sad . It’s just wastage of money. It’s a brand new car but still I can use it . Suzuki baleno doesn’t have 5star rating. So if some wanna do Uber don’t buy this car. Please

Purchased in January 2020.

TransmissionAutomatic
LDBSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great Little Car

Two months in and I love this little car. Roomy, economical, performs admirably, with plenty of zip and response. I’m doing highway/motorway driving most days with plenty of long uphill climbs. Took it on a longer run to Wollongong and it zipped up Mt Ousley on the way back. I love that it’s a bit retro with the chrome highlights. Can’t fault it so far.

Purchased in November 2019.

bignoux.philip.a
bignoux.philip.aSouthwest, VIC

Surprising

I purchased a Suzuki bale on as a small run around second car, it is surprisingly big inside and has a lot of room for my 2 teenage girls, it is a decent city run around car and is quite fuel efficient. Has a boot big with enough space to accomodate picnic gear and chairs. Engine is small and it needs a bit of a heavy foot whe climbing hills or overtaking, but does the job, great second car.

Purchased in November 2019 at Smiths of geelong for $15,999.00.

glen
glenSydney, NSW

More Room Then Most Cars

This little car will absolutely amaze anyone that gets into it. The legroom both front and back is huge and the boot is huge too. It has sat nav, rear camera, bluetooth, it can also read text messages out to you so you don't even have to look at your mobile phone when driving. The air con is cold and it really is a pleasure to drive. My wife just loves driving it and always gets people asking her about it. It even has day time running LED lights and auto headlights. The blue paint just dazzles in the sunlight. Its no pocket rocket as its only a 1.4 litre engine but certainly powerful enough for a full load of people, and very comfortable seats. Its cheap to run and even servicing is under $300.

Joe
JoeCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Axle problem. Buyers beware

While I like most things about this little car, the rear axle is giving me a great deal of grief.
Rear tyres need to be replaced at around 18000kms due to excessive wear. Independent testing revealed a 15mm toe. Suzuki, however, claim that it is only 4mm and therefore ‘within specifications ‘.
Who would you believe?

Purchased in April 2018.

TransmissionManual

Ayla H
Ayla HLiverpool

I love it

Perfect car. It fits my pram and my car seat and still enough room for more people. It’s nice and smooth I have the 2018 version and it’s a perfect mum car. I would recommend this to all mums who need a good spacey car to fit their bubs plus extra in

BadgeGL
Engine Size1.4
TransmissionAutomatic
Date PurchasedAug 2018

bart
bartasked
Baleno EW (2016-2021)

thinking about buying a baleno gl dose anyone know is the timing a belt or chain and if a chain dose it still have a replace after x amount of kms

Cheryl S.

Yes it is in the service manual. Cant remember what kms it needs changing but it definately does

Hakheng C.
Hakheng C.asked
Baleno EW (2016-2021)

Can we use Suzuki Baleno 2020 to do UBer?

Cheryl S.

You can use any car for uber as long as it is roadworthy and and within a certain age.

LDB

For a smaller car it’s got pretty good room in the rear seat, so don’t see why you couldn’t use it for Uber

Marie
Marieasked
Baleno EW (2016-2021)

I bought my Suzuki Baleno in January 2020. After one week someone hit me in the back. It went for repair for 3 weeks. When I got it back, 2 weeks later, I went to buy petrol, I couldn't open my petrol cap. Apparently when the wire that connect to cap to the lever on the floor was loose. Life went on. I just find the car is a bit gutless up a hill. I've even put it in overdrive, the car slows down even more. I'm being over taken at the lights and up a hill. Not very happy with the Baleno.

LDB

Hi Marie, sorry to hear someone hit you. The petrol cap problem would seem to be a repair issue after the accident. Speak to the repairer. The accident shouldn’t have affected the cars performance, I got my Baleno in November and can’t fault it’s performance, I drive up and down the Blue Mountains daily, so big, long hills. Yes I too get overtaken, but usually by someone doing well over the speed limit. If you feel the car is not performing right, speak with your dealer.

See all Suzuki Baleno EW (2016-2021) questions

Suzuki Baleno EW (2016-2021)

Compare all 4 Suzuki Baleno EW (2016-2021)
CategoryHatchbacksHatchbacksHatchbacksHatchbacks
Engine3 Cylinder 1.0L4 Cylinder 1.4L4 Cylinder 1.4L4 Cylinder 1.4L
Max Power82kW @ 5500rpm68kW @ 6000rpm68kW @ 6000rpm68kW @ 6000rpm
Max Torque160Nm @ 4000rpm130Nm @ 4000rpm130Nm @ 4000rpm130Nm @ 4000rpm
Country of ManufactureIndiaIndiaIndiaIndia
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateJan 2016Jan 2016Jan 2016Jan 2016
Compare all 4 Suzuki Baleno EW (2016-2021)