Suzuki Baleno EW

Suzuki Baleno EW (2016-2020)

Also referred to as: Suzuki Baleno EW 2019 and Suzuki Baleno EW 2021. GLX, GLX Turbo, GL

• Acceleration / Power
  • Comfort

Viny

VinyPerth, WA

Not great

I bought Suzuki beleno 2019 modal brand new car just to drive Uber . After 2 weeks I went to Uber place and they I’m not able to drive my car cause this is not safety rating stuff . Which makes me so sad . It’s just wastage of money. It’s a brand new car but still I can use it . Suzuki baleno doesn’t have 5star rating. So if some wanna do Uber don’t buy this car. Please

Purchased in January 2020.

LDBSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great Little Car

Two months in and I love this little car. Roomy, economical, performs admirably, with plenty of zip and response. I’m doing highway/motorway driving most days with plenty of long uphill climbs. Took it on a longer run to Wollongong and it zipped up Mt Ousley on the way back. I love that it’s a bit retro with the chrome highlights. Can’t fault it so far.

Purchased in November 2019.

bignoux.philip.aSouthwest, VIC

Surprising

I purchased a Suzuki bale on as a small run around second car, it is surprisingly big inside and has a lot of room for my 2 teenage girls, it is a decent city run around car and is quite fuel efficient. Has a boot big with enough space to accomodate picnic gear and chairs. Engine is small and it needs a bit of a heavy foot whe climbing hills or overtaking, but does the job, great second car.

Purchased in November 2019 at Smiths of geelong for $15,999.00.

glenSydney, NSW

More Room Then Most Cars

This little car will absolutely amaze anyone that gets into it. The legroom both front and back is huge and the boot is huge too. It has sat nav, rear camera, bluetooth, it can also read text messages out to you so you don't even have to look at your mobile phone when driving. The air con is cold and it really is a pleasure to drive. My wife just loves driving it and always gets people asking her about it. It even has day time running LED lights and auto headlights. The blue paint just dazzles in the sunlight. Its no pocket rocket as its only a 1.4 litre engine but certainly powerful enough for a full load of people, and very comfortable seats. Its cheap to run and even servicing is under $300.

Year2017

Joe

JoeCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Axle problem. Buyers beware

While I like most things about this little car, the rear axle is giving me a great deal of grief.
Rear tyres need to be replaced at around 18000kms due to excessive wear. Independent testing revealed a 15mm toe. Suzuki, however, claim that it is only 4mm and therefore ‘within specifications ‘.
Who would you believe?

Purchased in April 2018.

Year2018

Ayla H

Ayla HLiverpool

I love it

Perfect car. It fits my pram and my car seat and still enough room for more people. It’s nice and smooth I have the 2018 version and it’s a perfect mum car. I would recommend this to all mums who need a good spacey car to fit their bubs plus extra in

Date PurchasedAug 2018

FocusFan

FocusFanSydney, NSW

Doesnt feel safe on freeway

Hired one of these in Tasmania for a recent business trip and was not happy with this car. At 80kph and over, the steering felt too light and the car did not have a planted feel on the road. When I was passed by trucks during highway conditions I had to grip the wheel tightly to make sure the car would stay in the direction I wanted it to go. Probably ok in city driving but definitely not a car for highway or country driving. My Ford Focus feels much more solid and safe and comfortable to drive - chalk and cheese.

Engine Size1.0
Date PurchasedJul 2017

Avinash

Avinash

Good comfy car.

The car is the best in the range for the amount of money it costs. It has got all the features such as GPS & apple car pay. The fuel economy is great. A better pickup would have made this car a great one. Surprisingly, there is plenty of leg room.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Rusty

RustyPerth, WA

Roomy cheap comfortable vehicle.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
VikiT

VikiTBrisbane

An awesome little car with lots of surprising features and big space inside!

Purchased this car 3 months ago and really happy with it overall. Handles well on the road, great fuel economy, heaps of leg room inside and space in general, lots of extra features included, such as sat nav, reverse camera, usb / memory card option for own music, cruise control, led driving lights. Great value car!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Kristy

KristyTamworth

Great little Car

Great little car, handles well easy to park esp with reversing camera, no noise, amaizing on fuel. Easy use setup, with sat nav, cruise control, bluetooth conectivity, hands free and apple play. The Baleno is a great little family car. Excellent on fuel, $35-40 will give a full tank and can get great millage.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Don5

Don5Melbourne

Above Average

Have been driving the new Suzuki Baleno for the past 15 months. It's good value for money with cruise control, reverse camera, Apple Play, Good Handling and Minimum Noise. Although it may look small but it has good leg room and high top. About $35 dollars of petrol gives me about 500kms. Good Buy!!!

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Peter BRockingham

Good runaround

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Had 10.000 km service. no probs at all.Capped price $175.00

Rodasked

Not sure whether to buy a second hand corolla/i30 with approx 50,000 kms on the clock or a new baleno (budget 17k). I like the baleno fuel economy. Is the baleno robust enough to stand up to a daily commute of 100km per day , in reasonable comfort ? Lack of acceleration does not bother me

Hi ,
After driving a Toyota before and driving the new Baleno. Suzuki will not be as smooth as a Toyota but it certainly makes up for it in value and features. Servicing was fixed price from. Peter Warren Suzuki and my wife absolutely loves the car. More spacious then a corolla. Better value everyday. But new song but second hand problems you don’t know how the previous driver treated their car.

Rod

Thanks for the feedback Glen, I saw your earlier review too, very helpful, cheers Rod

I only test drove the Baleno, it seems to be a decent car, can handle the commute, Petrol tank is a bit small , so I find myself filling up more often than not. I think its about 30 litres. it feels kind of like a city car, but is comfortable enough. I was actually surprised how nice and spacious it was.
It does come down to personal preference, and I liked the 5 year warranty it comes with. Peace of mind is always important.

Diep T.

Diep T.asked

Does it have timing belt or chain?

LDB

Hi Diep T, I’m not a mechanic so don’t feel qualified to answer your question, though no doubt the cars have some sort of timing mechanism. Maybe ask a mechanic or a Suzuki dealer?

bignoux.philip.a

Hi Diep, I contacted the service department from Suzuki (Blood Suzuki in Geelong) where I purchased the vehicle and they said..... it has a chain and indicated it didn’t need to be serviced. I hope it helps answer your question. I a not a mechanic and don’t know the complete in’s and outs of the engine.

Alison

Alisonasked

I have recently bought a 2019 Suzuki Baleno, GL, auto. It is going for it's 1,000 km service on Monday. I had to have sensors cleaned in the engine/transmission within 2 days of buying, it is extremely hard to get into reverse from park grinding & jerking badly as it goes into reverse, it does this 3-5 times before it will go into reverse smoothly, it goes up & down the gears while maintaining constant speed like it doesn't know what gear it wants to be in. the Speedo is out by 5 k's. The brakes rub badly when slowing up to come to a stop & when slowly creeping into a park etc. I'm extremely disappointed with this car & feel I should ask for a full refund. Should the dealer refund my money? ( I paid in full, no finance)

Wandi S.
Wandi S.

my brakes does that too. like a screeching noise which i think its from the drum brakes at the rear. one month old too and its kinda annoying

Get an answer from our members and Suzuki representatives