Suzuki Boulevard M109R

Suzuki Boulevard M109R Questions & Answers (page 2 of 2)

Brand Manager for Suzuki? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

38 questions from our users

brian
brianasked

what is a good oil for the m109?

Castrol 10/40 T4 semi synthetic, Never use full synthetic

Wicked

Been using full synthetic on mine since 09. No problem. Just make sure it's made for wet or semi wet clutch, otherwise clutch will slip.

David L
David Lasked

My 2012 Suzuki m109r has increased vibration felt in the hand grips and foot pegs essentially vibrating my whole body. What could be the issue?

Milo

HI David this could be an unballanced wheel tyres, if your engine is not running well could be missfiring causing this as they are quite a large displacement, look for these first if not then investigate further like engine mounts head stem tripple clamps ( unlikely to effect the footpegs) could be a bent rim damaged wheel bearings possible exhaust loose as they weigh a hell of a lot and couod get a swing up with movement and exhaust pulse which is quite notacable. Let me know how you go mate.

dnlmclean

Seen this before when the front rubber engine mounts wear,, there are especially made heavy duty ones available for the M109R,

Dude
Dudeasked

What valve adjustment is needed?

Shouldnt need it unless over 100,000k

Wicked

I had over 150,000 on mine with no needed valve adjustment. Self adjusting.

David L
David Lasked

Why could be the cause of increased vibration on my m109r?

Milo

what sort of vibration are we talking ?

dnlmclean

Front engine mounts,, but only if it is bad,, M109R does vibrate especially that 3000rpm mark

Grant
Grantasked

I was going to fit spike air filters to my m109R but the brackets did'nt look like they could hold the weight of the filter ,
and was concern that they would come loose .
Has any one had this problem and is the someway of putting a second bracket on them?
Kind regards Grant

Wicked

If it's made for your bike then I'm sure they've considered that issue.

Brewersinaz
Brewersinazasked

What changes were made from say 2007 to a 2017?

magnum
magnum

Biggest change was in 2011 models they improved the clutch, what I have heard the 2011's on do not suffer from the well known clutch shudder the earlier 9's had. They also relocated the tach into the headlight housing and added a gear indicator.

Monty
Montyasked

Hi guys I have m 109r lately it spiuters when you give it usually around 4500 revs have replaced fuel pump as well as the two coils attached to the fram can anybody tell what is the problem thanks

Milo

Hi mate pull the plugs see if they are fouled if so are you lugging the engine ?also test the leads see if they have the correct ohms swap the fuel out or workout how to do a fI diagnistic check chers Milo

Bradasked

HI
I'm 6ft 4 and 126kg would the m109r suit someone my size?

Johan
Johan

Check http://cycle-ergo.com
It simulates your position on a given bike. Can't imagine 126kg being a problem for that big v-twin

Brad

More worried about my height as I don't see many big guys riding them
P.S no disrespect

Warren Seib
Warren Seib

I'm 6ft I feel I need to stretch a bit more so If buying this bike get some highway pegs

Nickasked

Is taking off in second gear on a 2013 Suzuki boulevard hurt the engine

noel f

no not at all the motor is way big enough to handle it.

Nick

Is debaffling my boulevard m90 will void my warranty in any way?

Coenie
Coenieasked

what is the problem when oil runs out of the air filter?

noel f

I'm not sure I never had that problem with mine be a good idea to see a mechanic I think.

Neil W
Neil W

You have over filled it

Butch
Butchasked

I have 07 m109r on hard acceleration it seems to have a shudder to it. Easy acceleration it's not there any ideas. Thank you for any help I have not had bike long. I am missing one leg not looking to loose other. Great bike I just want to no it's save.

Ian

On hard acceleration, the vibration I feel is the massive pistons hammering along. I have cracked 2 numberplate brackets (aftermarket)

When was it last serviced? Could be due a fuel filter / injector clean??

noel f

Hi these bikes are known for this kind of thing they don't like going slow mine shudders in the low gears but I was told that's because of the big motor.

Rusty
Rusty

Hey Butch. Good question! Put it out on http://www.ozboulevards.com/. You will get constructive advice and warm welcome. James

josh786manchester
josh786manchesterasked

Does this bike fit through doors of a regular house in uk as I park it in the hallway?

noel f

Im not to sure i really dont think it would as it is a huge bike. I cant get it through my side gate so i doubt if it will fit through your door.

875mm width from the manual

and a touch under 900mm with aftermarket grips

Yikes I need to check my door width! Thanks for the reply noel :-)

coxy
coxyasked

Just a quick enquiry.
Is anyone experiencing choffing as in a possible burnt valve?

Clark Kent
Clark Kent

Try some injectorccleaner in fuel tank first!

Ged
Gedasked

Could anyone recommend better pillion seat for this bike? My wife said it hurts to sit for longer then 40 minutes on it.

Chook
Chook

Get a gel seat and both you and your missus won't regret it.
I do 2-3 hour rides before work and I don't need a chiropractor afterwards.

mick gill
mick gillasked

Does anyone have a clue as to what could be making a clicking type of sound from the diff of my 109r when slowly moving the bike back or maybe forward and also a noise whilst riding slowly but is more distinctive?

Dhar
Dhar

It can be the sensor allowing to open the fuel intake. It sounds like "click" and some times as if the HID just fired.

Doug Calderasked

Is there a better rear shocker for the M109R?? I'm 100kgs and on certain bumps feels like it is bottoming out, have adjusted from 2-5 and then 7 but no difference. Am going to ride it around OZ in a couple years time.

Doug Calder

Problem solved. Located Ohlins rear shock and then fitted heavier fork springs, gold valves and heavier oil,rides like a dream

Ralph
Ralphasked

Can anyone tell me where I can get a spiked Scorpion air filter kit in Oz for M109r and what is the product like???

RICEY
RICEY

Hey buddy. I bought a kit on eBay. Chrome spiked and easy to fit. Bike performance is 15% better, fuel consumption is better and overall bike gels better. Also it looks fantastic. Def recommend. Ricey

gazman
gazmanasked

I keep hearing how bad first and second gear keep breaking from other people because of the torque.Is this true? If the bike is geared low in first and second would it help to take off in second gear? I love the look of the bike and want one real bad but i dont want to have it sitting the the garage because its broken.

uzz32soarer
uzz32soarer

I feared the second gear issue and the cost to fix of circa 3000 bucks. I knew that Suzuki had made changes late 2010 so I put the $3k to my budget and purchased a new bike. 9000 kms later and guys who ride my bike and then compare it to their own reckon mine has the best gearbox they have felt.

Also, with the amount of blokes on the 109 forum here in Oz, only one has had the 2nd gear failure.

AlienSpy
AlienSpy

I have a 2012 M109R and don't have any issues with the gearbox, so I guess the problem was only on earlier models = buy a later model !
Also seek the answer to this question - what were the operating conditions during the known failures ?
A) Drag racing B) taking Nanna to the shops on sunday morning C) Drag racing

If you Google Suzuki 109 2007-2009 Models you will find some new stories and peer reviewed journal articles about the Failure. Most of the people who I read over have verified that they weren't racing the bike and have also confirmed that in interviews with shops and government agencies. Not to mention that the better business bureau has them rated at (F) for customer service and warranty support.

Other Cruiser Bikes