Suzuki Burgman

Suzuki Burgman (page 2 of 3)

AN650AL1, AN650L4, AN650L5, etc...

• Mileage 7,985 km
  • Handling

steve
steve

What A Top Ride

I bought a new 2015 Suzuki Burgman 650 matt gray (only one colour that year). I thought my Kymco 500 exciting was a good ride until I took this big mother for a test drive while my Kymco was getting service. I couldn't believe the way it handled around corners I wanted to find more, it is so well balanced. Having the mirrors on the front faring and not on the bars are a great advantage, it's big but it doesn't feel big until you take this machine on the highway that's when you get the looks as you fly along cruising at 120 kms (just a little over the speed limit) and there is more in the tank if you want to try (150 kms no problem). Love it!

Kevin
Kevinmelbourne

Suzuki Burgman Executive 650 A1+++

GazzaGippsland, VIC

Best scooter I have ever had !

I am so happy with this scoot! I had the Burgman 400cc a couple of years ago.
I am wondering if there are others out there who might enjoy a ride together - especially in Gippsland .
Its a bit frustrating that engine access is terrible - but Im not expecting to have to do anything.
I will sit back and enjoy . I have ordered a backrest [USA] and Laminar-lip [england].
Keeping the revs to under 4000 is a challenge ; I am not a speedster.But it will be great to sensibly 'open it up'.
Very clean straight forward lines - so easy to ride.

Tiny Tim
Tiny Tim
Gazza

I highly recommend the Laminar Lip for superb wind protection , the backrest [ I rode without it a while back- was very unpleasant ], and a simple plastic 'cruise' controller for $10.00.

Gazza

I now have the 650 cc. I have had it for a year or so. Its just such a sophisticated beast to ride. It looks totally harmless , but will take off and then cruise like a rocket . I hate winter though!

grell63
grell63Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Rolls-Royce of scooters...but a bugger to work on!

rixnrexTownsville, Queensland

King of the Scooters

Heaps of storage under seat. Electric mirrors. Electric screen. Twin headlights. 3 modes - Auto, Power, Manual.
The Auto is great for around town The Power is great for hills or when you need that little bit of extra power. The Manual is great for long rides as mine seems to use less fuel than on Auto. 2 Trip meters also calculate use. I'm averaging 19 litres per 100 k's at present. Seb at CMCC was excellent to deal with.
Seating, storage, trip meters, electric mirrors and windshield.
Left hand mirror is badly positioned.

johno
johno

19 litres per 100? What is it a mack truck???

Rix.56
Rix.56

Sorry Johno. I wrote it wrong. I meant 19 k's to a litre. I have since worked it out manually and it has been 22 k's per litre on average. That was averaged on a 3000+k ride around Tasmania.

rixnrex

A further update - although a very comfortable scooter, it is very heavy at nearly 300 kgs wet. I am about to switch to a Vulcan S 650 which is around 80 Kgs lighter.

Lou2Loops

musicman
TroyB
TroyBmumbai

Beautiful machine

I'm now on my 2nd Burgman. I never considered buying a scooter (having always ridden bikes), until I saw one of these on eBay. Hadn't ridden for w while so I thought it would make a good interim bike until upgrading. Anyway, it's been so solid and reliable, plus so comfortable to ride around, that I ended up upgrading to an exec after 100,000km. Plenty of space under the seat, narrow enough to get to the front of the line at traffic lights, yet powerful and heavy enough for solid freeway/country cruising.
Everything
That stupid plastic cover over the electrics under the left glovebox always comes off.

magnificant

DJY
DJYAU

yes it's great BUT?

As I said it's great yet made perfect with a taller screen/Givi $250.00 aud
The std screen should have been more ajustable for height.
the ride is a little on the hard side even on rear soft setting
But all up a perfect ride and a great tourer, buy the screen and thats it you will find there is much else you need to buy.

std screen to short and im 5 foot 6"

snookies

Depends where you want your screen to be. If you want to look through it - After the screen gets all scratched up, you won't be able to see when it rains or at night.

snookies

best choice large CC scooter on the market

Bought this bike in 2007 and ride it every day. Has never let me down. Love the great weather protection and huge underseat storage. Can fit 2 helmets and a few clothes or lots of shopping including a 30 pack of soft drink. It mightn't look as funky cool as a harley davidson but I had one of them too and preferred riding this. Practical, smooth, cheap to run. Plastic always looks good.
Storage, weather protection, ease of use
has a large body so isn't the best for lane splitting but I do it anyway by pulling the mirrors in

loudevere
loudevere

burgman colin
burgman colin

Bext time you change tyres get them to fit 90 degree fittings.

MybahNUNAWADING

I was an [censored word removed] for delaying getting this

Ron13
Ron13

Wait for the 30,000 mile transmission failure which will cost more to fix than the scoot is worth. Love will turn to hate, stay close to home !

Robin93

It is scary to think that it is not a serviceable item but I've done 75,000miles (120,000km) & touch wood, the transmission works like the day I bought it.

RustyB
RustyBBENDIGO, VIC

Local Riders?

Had the 650 Exec for 8 months now and love it. In the first month I did a 3000k interstate trip and it held the road like a rock, and gave me no trouble other than my aching jaw from continually smiling. Is there an Australian Burgman forum or Burgman riders' club (I'm in central Vic)? A few group rides would be fun.
road presence
Grips too small & seat is better with a backrest

Myke
Myke

A Burgman Riders Club would be great.

snookies

Get some bigger grips. Seat has a backrest?

Love it!

BURGMAN-SERBIA
BURGMAN-SERBIA
Galahguy
Galahguy

Hi there-thinking of buying a new 2012 model, have never owned a scooter before & wondering how it handles compared to a cruiser (my curent bike is a Suzi M50). Also, your thoughts please after long-term ownership? Cheers

the chief