Suzuki DF175

Suzuki DF175

5.0 from 1 review

See the Best Outboard Motors in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

What a fantastic choice the 175 four stroke was.

I had a new DF175 Suzuki fitted to my Northbank 600 cuddy in October 2012 and since then have clocked up about 25hrs.I have mostly had Mercury outboards on my other boats with my last boat having a 115 2st.I was looking at the new merc 150 4st to fit on the Northbank but I thought it wouldn't have enough power for the heavy half cab considering its weight of 1100kg bare hull.I mainly fish PPB in Victoria with the odd trip outside into the deep blue and the Suzuki has performed very well.The hull has a max hp rateing of 200 but the 175 has plenty of punch out of the hole and a top speed of around 80kph not that I have had it opened up because of the break in period.
Good price, very quiet when running at cruising speed3000-4000rpm,Good fuel economy,Idle is so smooth and quiet i sometimes forget to switch it off.