Suzuki Grand Vitara

Suzuki Grand Vitara (2005-2019) Questions & Answers

Also referred to as: Suzuki Grand Vitara 2018 and Suzuki Grand Vitara 2020. JB / JT.I, JB / JT.II

75 questions from our users

Margaret C.

Margaret C.asked

how do i set up my mobile phone to my suzuki vitara

lea.ml

lea.mlasked

Hey I'm looking at buying the 2007 grand vitara, found one with 210 000 kms on the clock. Does anyone know if this car has problems after wear and tear? Should I stay away?

aydin h.

aydin h.asked

My 2012 grand vitara v6 auto just stopped on the highway at 250,000+ kms.
There no milky stuff in the engine or coolant. Im wondering if it could be alternator because its gone thru its 2nd battery in 4 months. Or Ecu??
Problem Any help please.. thanks
Aydin..

Phil M.

Phil M.asked

a v6 2.6 is selling with 250k on the clock is this end of life? - well maintained looks good. 1 lady owner
thanks

Josephasked

When should the timing belt be changed on a Suzuki GV 1.9 lt diesel engine

Harriet

Harrietasked

I have a grand vitara 07 manual petrol.
It was overheating and has had a new:
Thermostat
Water pump
Radiator
Cylinder Head/bolts and gaskets

and now it still overheats not around town but in the highway after a while.
Diagnosis throws nothing - could this be electrical as there is no way it could be overheating with all this work. The gauge goes up to the red but then down back to normal within seconds, other times longer. Our mechanic says it must be electrical now. It has also had a new temp gauge put it.

Gary T

Gary Tasked

What is the minimum hand brake liner thickness for rear Suzuki JT 2011 with all disc brakes Please

Peter Henderson

Peter Hendersonasked

I have recently purchased a 2009, 5 door grand vitara and wish to fit a tow bar. It is highly unlikely that I would tow anything larger than a 7 by 5 trailer or a very small van. Not wanting to spend more than I need to, does anyone have a tow bar recommendation? Thank you.

Paul W.

Paul W.asked

Is it possible to tow a light camper trailer on beach with 2016 Grand Vitara 3 door 2.4 litre, have a lift kit and 17 inch wheels

Paul W.

Paul W.asked

Can I towed a 750kg camper trailer on the beach with my 3 door 2.4 litre Grand Vitara

Suzuki

Suzukiasked

Want to know Grand vitara is fit for long plug or short plug? Thanks

Robert C.asked

Have a 2008 manual diesel 2lt grand vitara 5 door with 164000km on the clock. The issue I'm having is the catalytic converter light has lit up again after only been to the mechanics with the same prob 2000km ago.

Does anyone know what is the lifespan of these

phil

philasked

Grand Vitara JB / JT.II Sport

can you fit a long range tank to suzuki grand vitara sport 2019 model

Andrew

Andrewasked

What are the Turbo Diesel Grand Vitara's like. Do they suffer with reliability problems?

Hey Andrew,
I have a 2008 manual diesel and apart from the catalytic converter light coming on every so often after the engine had done 160000km and the placement of the oil filter its a great little 4x4 engine.

I installed a 9500 lb VRS steel cable winch , CB, 40MM Lift kit and heavy duty suspension from TJM CABOOLTURE. And a fully steel bull bar which is from ARB as they are the only ones who do the diesel version but was ordered by TJM all up around the 5 grand mark and about an extra 150kg on the front.

The diesel engine doesn't even realise it is there.

David Y.

David Y.asked

What is the capacity of the fuel tank on a grand Vitara 2ltr td 05 reg?

Patrick Brady

Patrick Bradyasked

Hi I have a coolant leak from the rear of the engine on my 2008 Grand Vitara 1.9L turbo diesel. I have seen the coolant running down the the bell housing, all the hoses look good. I there a core plug in that area that has a leaking problem. This is a small but consistent leak. Any help? Thank you Patrick Brady.

Leonie S.

Leonie S.asked

Hi There, We purchased a BRAND NEW Vitara but needed to replace tyres after 20K because they have worn unevenly? Spoke to tyre man & he has said he has had quite a few people with the same issue, mentions problem with diff. Has anyone else had this happen?

Ian
Ian

Have you had a 4 wheel alignment done? If not I would get one done soon. If something is to far out of alignment they will tell you they cannot do the alignment. Then take the print out to the dealer. Hope this helps.

Jimboasked

Grand Vitara JB / JT.I

I have just purchased a 2013 grand vitara 4x4 Automatic 114,000 klicks, there is a slight whine noise coming from the gear box as I accelerate , more noticeable at low revs, is this normal?

Eduardo
Eduardo

Hard to tell from that description I recommend popping over to auszookers.com and asking

Thanks, will do

Katie H

Katie Hasked

Grand Vitara JB / JT.I

I have a Grand Vitara 2015 model and have noticed the boot doesn't unlock when the drivers door is unlocked. If I want to put something in there I have to make sure doors are closed, lock the car and then unlock it again with a double click. Am I missing something? It has to be easier. Also can you open the boot with the key?

Karen K
Karen K

i have the 2013 grand vitara prestige so not sure if it is different but if you want all doors to open you click the button on the handle twice, (or the remote twice) same with the rear door if you click it once it will only open the rear door, if you click it twice it will open all doors :)....no you cant use a key in read door (unless it might be different to your model)

Get an answer from our members and Suzuki representatives

Other Midsize / Medium SUVs