Suzuki GSX1400

Suzuki GSX1400 (page 2 of 2)

4.9

• Fuel Efficiency
  • Comfort
  • Handling

Gsx1400

The best bike I've ever owned and the last one I will ever need.Has plenty of grunt and so easy to mono.Great bike for touring or riding around town.Classic looks ageless.Told my friend to sell his old Zed and never look back buying this Suzuki classic.Smooth power on tap and gets there very quick.
Looks,power,comfort and economy.
Get rid of the standard pipe and add a complete yoshimura system.Get rid of the front springs and replace with progressive springs.This allows me to ride hard and fast and make dirt roads feel safe at 100kph.Needs a bikini screen for those high speed long haul.

Peter
Peter

A great all round bike. I ride in the city and country and it does everything with ease.

Do I need something else?

KEV KOALA

KEV KOALASouth East Queensland, QLD

Value for money sports tourer.

Whitefella
Whitefella
Sport Touring Bikes

Find out how Suzuki GSX1400 compares to other Sport Touring Bikes

Benn25Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great bike

Big, smooth and powerful. I'm 6'5 and enjoy riding such a good sized bike for my frame. It has massive amounts of torque, decent suspension and excellent brakes. I have a 2007 model and have had no issues with her. Some of the strange polish they put on the front forks started to erode but I just polished them off (took a few hours tho). The bike has a good online following and there's lots of bling and other aftermarket features for it. Fuel economy is ok for its size and maintenance costs are low (heavy on tyres tho)
Powerful and comfortable, sharp handling for its size, Good brakes.
Ugly stock pipe, heavy handling at low speeds

Philip94

Should I trade my GSX 1400 on a Hayabusa. I love the ride of the 1400, but love the look of the Hayabusa. Your comments would be helpful. Phil

Philip94

Thanks for your comments Benn25. Very helpful.

Couldn't get a better muscle bike in my opinion, and fundly enough it makes a fine touring bike as well with the addition of a rack and bag system
I have had my Suzuki since January last year and have been impressed from day one. The finish was imacculate when I picked it up. Haven't found one blemish yet. Tons of power and torque enable you to trundle around in fifth around town and give it a twist of the throttle for heaps of go without having to change gears. Instruments are good and clear, but I think the fuel gauge may be a bit pessimistic. I like quiet bikes, and this is good in that respect.
Muffler is a touch too big but easy to replace (if I ever get around to it!)

JH999

JH999Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good

will58

will58CHATSWOOD

The perfect all rounder

The best of the best. I bought my 2004 GSX1400K4 second hand in 2010. I am only 82kg and 5 feet 8 inches tall and I find it very easy to ride on the open road and in the city. Everyone comments on how good it looks for it's age, as it is still in brand new condition, Since I bought it I have changed the handlebars to lower ones, delkevic twin silp on exhaust, fork brace and steering damper, because of the not so good roads in country Queensland.
All except handlebars
Handlebars too high, I changed them to lower bars 27mm high

Philby 1956
Philby 1956

Oh I have also cut my seat down 25mm made all the difference with my shorter legs and gives my blower back better support

Sport Touring Bikes

Find out how Suzuki GSX1400 compares to other Sport Touring Bikes

Overall to anyone whos into the naked bike looks and is interested to buy the GSX1400 K7 you won't be disapointed,I have the black model.10/10 for me.
Ever since being a kid always been a big fan of naked bike so atfer test riding a few bikes I bought the GSX 1400 and has never look back plenty of power,excellant braking,good handlind especially around bends sits well on the road.
Wasn't to impress with the trumpy exhaust so I replaced it with a Yoshimura exhaust what a big difference it has made nicer engine tone more power.

Eddo

EddoSouth East Queensland, QLD

After owning 21 bikes, this is the best yet. Perfect for short squirts and long trips. Always puts a smile on your dial, never having to worry about overtaking, with that power available, and awesome brakes and handling. Smooth and comfortable, for both my wife and I, and have achieved 19k/l touring. Good finish and proven long term motor and mechanical reliability make this a serious long term, pleasing bike to own. Having lots of mods and bits available can make this uniquely yours.
Superb handling big bike, great brakes, smooth continuous power/torque. Comfortable in city and great mile eater/tourer.Well set out instruments and everything fully adjustable for your individual riding requirements!
Pity they don't make a top faired model.

James Botingnu

James Botingnuasked

My Name is Mr James Botingnu from Papua New Guinea and I got a Suzuki GSX1400 2004 year make and to get service parts and accessories who are the dealers currently I can be in contact to supply me parts? You can email me contacts of the current Supply on my email No.[name removed] Thanks

Emad faramarzi

Emad faramarziasked

Dear sir, I have the suzuki gsx 1400 2008 special edition, but I want to chand the new exhaust and headers to duble like 2004, if you have the exhaust please email to this email address: emad_faramarzi@yaho.com
Best regards!

corey s

Sorry champ. I can't help you on this one

William A
William A

Sorry mate I don't have the double exhaust or the headers. Your best bet would be to try a wreckers to see if they have any that are not damaged. You could also try the website www.gsx1400.org. It is a gsx 1400 owners club which is world wide. I hope this helps. Good luck and stay upright!

mark

markasked

Are you able to adjust the length of the rear shocks off a gsx1400 k7?

Simon
Simon

Not that I'm aware of .

mick
mick

what are you trying to do. more load ? adjust your spring .lifting blocks will give you more ground clearance and make the bike turn in to corners better .apparently. they bolt under your shocks to swing arm lifting the bike up. cheers

corey s

You can get raisers for the rear, but i would suggest you invest in better aftermarket units, with an appropriate spring rate for your weight.
This will give you a much better result.

CategorySport Touring Bikes