Suzuki V-Strom 650

Suzuki V-Strom 650 Questions & Answers (page 2 of 2)

25 questions from our users

Barry

Barryasked

How does it travel two up?

60 years young

Barry my wife and I are 170 kilos between the bike can legally carry more than a Honda Gold Wing actually. The bike is essentially a V Strom 1000 chassis with a 650 motor so providing you don't mind using the gear box on hills or for highway overtaking all good.
Still get 50 mpg two up some say the !000 is better two but we don;t feel the need to upgrade the modern 650 is as powerful as the older 900's

Brockie

Brockieasked

Hi everyone,
I love my V-Strom. It is comfortable, economical, can travel ALL roads and even some tracks and is reliable and predictable.
It is time to replace the tyres. The original Bridgestone Trail Wings have been very good and I would be happy with the same but I do like my dirt roads and wondered if I could choose something with a little more competence in the dirt without sacrificing sealed road ability.
I like the reviews of the Michelin Anakee 2. Any opinions or suggestions??
Thanks, Brockie.

Mick

I ride a 2010 650 and have fitted Heidenhau scouts front and rear(dual compound) love them will never Change brand good off road and good on the black stuff

tdphillips
tdphillips

If your thinking Anakee2, which are being replaced with the Anakee3, have a look at the Shinko E705, very well priced and looks good.

novice7

novice7asked

Can the 650 V-strom be lowered, and what saddle bags are suited to the v-strom apart from the factory options?

60 years young

Yes to all. If you do a google search of vstrom forums there are many,you will find all the owner information you need.

troll
troll

The only way to lower the v-strom that I know of is an aftermarket seat. I have only used Givi bags and they are great! I wouldn't bother with the top bag. Always go with hardshell; in the long run they're really worth it.

sinchao

sinchaoasked

Is that true that the bike has to be serviced every 3500klm's as stated by Doboy? Seems very short period.

60 years young

2012 vstrom 650 is 1000 ks first service 6000 ks after that. The vstrom is very easy to do your own basic service oil change and oil filter can be done by the novice. Air filter requires you take the tank off tedious job again can be done by the novice.I checked mine at 6300ks still like new I will not bother again until the bike has done 24000. Very easy bike to live with.

slyman

slymanasked

Is the 650 vstrom lams approved?

Marc R
Marc R

The DL650A is not LAMS approved but Suzuki sells a GSX650F in LAMS mode. Maybe the latter is worth a look.

PaulT
PaulT

Not sure about the 2012, but all other ones were LAMs approved.
Definately get the ABS version AND the side protector bars.
The Vstrom has a high centre of gravity and the bars will protect your bike from very serious damage.

Mick

I ride 2010 dl 650 it is not lams approved,I do not have abs by choice as I want full control over my brakes when doing 120 on a gravel rd