Swann Insurance

Swann Insurance (page 2 of 7)

No loyalty rewards from Swann

I have had my bike insured with Swann for the last 15 or so years and never had a claim. This renewal was the worst. Their market value - I couldn't even find a bike like mine for that amount. I queried it and got silence, spinifex! So I shopped around and quickly got much better coverage(double the value) for less premium and a quarter of the excess. So I cancelled and moved on . They used to be good, but not anymore! Shop around.

Ripped off by Gap Cover Swann Insurance

I bought Gap Cover from Swann for a period of 6 years and paid off the vehicle in 3 years. I paid $1200 approximately and wanted to cancel. I was expecting half $600 approximately but was told $48 ad I am upset and really will not recommend Swann ever. They got me and did not told me that the risk is greater at the start of the contract. These insurance should explain more about the outcomes if you cancel as if I did back then they would of had a different story. So I paid nearly $400 a year for Gap insurance as this is outrages and if Swann wants to be sincere they better ring me as I won't let this by. I am one upset client of Swann as I will never purchase their product ever again and will cancel all contracts and never buy again Useless insurance as that's why they get a bad name trying to rip off the vulnerable Yours Lionel Kershaw Hervey Bay Qld 4655

December 9th 2017 Update: Hopeless insurance as all they do is collect and don't payout

This policy did jack and get pressured into having this as finance would not be approved and yes it's there for a reason but when you haven't used the insurance and it's a contract for 6 years and you are 3 years in and don't use it, you would expect some compensation?? I paid $1200 and when I sold the vehicle is was told I am entitled to $49 WOW.

January 6th 2018 Update: Read fine print and ask if you sell the product half way through the contract what refund do you get

The policy sounded good but when I didn't do any claims while it was in place, I spent $1200 to set it up over a 6 year period and I sold the vehicle after 3 years. This company gave me a credit back of $43. I was not happy, as I thought they are a money scammer. This insurance is pushed onto you when getting finance but I thought if I didn't take this option I possibly might not of got my loan. You can say no but it does have its purpose. I will never be dealing with this company ever again until they change their policy and refund me what I am owed. 2016

Don't take this insurance

I had made a claim with Swann insurance company to help me about of an incident that a girl made me fall slightly when i left a parkinglot.
They received one ridiculously expensive quote from peter stevens kensington and automatically wrote off my bike which had a slight scratch in the exhaust and on one side of the fairing. I said to them I would like to get another quote before writing off the bike but their answer was they had already written off my bike. They took my motorbike to altona without my permission, it couldn't be reversed.
Finally with so much trouble with this worst company, i got the bike back.
I believe that the motorbike is fine to road. Just it has some slight scratches that are not considerable as written off.

OUTSTANDING!!

After reading these reveiws and then getting into a accident I thought I was going to go through a very hard and stressful time with swann but shocked out how outstanding they were, my claim was finalised and paid out in about a week and a half COMPLETELY satisfied with the customer service thanks swann for a hassle free claim :) :)

Do not use Swann Insurance

They received one ridiculously expensive quote and automatically wrote off my bike which had a dent in the tank and scratches on one side of the fairing. I said to them I would like to get another quote before writing off the bike. Their answer was they had already written off my bike and it couldn't be reversed.

WORST company EVER.

My bike got stolen and recovered in January. Nearly 8 months later countless, phone calls, wasting of time and being given the run around my claim has still not been finalised every week there is an excuse or the staff are away blah blah blah there is always an excuse with this company.

Insurance claim madeYes

The epitome of excrement. Terrible service and value.

You will hate them when they start adding a "Special Excess" that is ridiculously priced if you have ever had you licence suspended. If it were a few hundred then okay. But to add 1800 dollars to your excess its plain lunacy.
The customer service is bad. Don't be fooled if they are nice to talk to. If you make a claim to get your bike assessed they will tell you to go to your own repairer than come to you and assess the bike. I had to complain and nag about towing my bike and wasting my time by it being a write off from my knowledge, all just to get an assessor sent out to assess at the location the bike was held at.
When getting my bike deemed as a write off and organsing the tow. Lets just say it still hasnt been towed out of here 4 days from the assessment to this review. They are just wasting your time and have loop holes to get your money.
The only good thing is that they do gear cover but, they ask for photos for the damaged gear and make you go write the value and/or chase reciepts. Just not worth it. The premiums may seem so much cheaper but you'll wish you hadnt gone with these folks at the time you expect them to be doing their job that they're paid for.

Insurance claim madeYes

Worse service ever experienced, WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!!

We have been dealing with a claim now for 6 months, your client ran into us, Swann insurance have been messing us around for months now...beyond a joke. Just FIX OUR CAR!! Rude staff on the phone and they don't care that they are inconveniencing people.

Excellent! Surprised by the bad reviews, Really am

I've had swann insurance for the last 5 years, 3 claims with them and even when I was at fault was quickly paid or quickly repaired my bike when it needed repairs.
recently rang them up to change my bike from market value to agreed value. Told me it was outside of their price range and recommended another policy which is only available via phone. Managed to insure it for 2k more for the same price.

Excremental Customer Service

Recently I made a claim on my Extended Warranty (Motor Vehicle Dealer Contract) only to be told that Swann have elected to not accept any further claims for my contract. I had previously had a claim approved for a blown turbo, however Swann tell me that they only approved the claim out of goodwill to me. When I asked when the decision to reject any further claims was made, I was told that Swann made this decision 5 days before approving the first claim. They could not explain why I didn't know about the decision to reject further claims and cited that "someone would have told you". I then asked that the decision be reviewed and Swann told me that they could not review the decision. I advised the call taker that I wanted to complain and was told that I could not complain to Swann as I didn't have a policy with them, that Swann was only the warranty Administrator and that I must complain to my dealer. Sounds like Swann like collecting the premiums. Swann are deliberately deceptive when dealing with claims and make decisions without consulting stakeholders. When you push them they will hide behind procedure and contractual definitions in order to get out of paying a claim. I do not recommend this company at all. They are interested in one thing only. keeping Swann and ultimately IAL in the black.

Insurance claim madeYes

Not sure whose fault it is.

$10,200 worth of damages to a $13,000 bike and they are repairing it. Parts are on order and have been for a month with no one able to let me know when I will be back on the bike. On top of that they made me organise the tow of the bike to a repairer and insinuated I pay for it, while I was laid up in hospital.

Terrible

I have had my motorcycle insured with Swann for 13 years since purchased new. Never claimed a cent never had contact with Swann just kept paying the premiums. Today I received my policy and see the excess has risen 25% in one hit. I rang the company to understand why and it is just a blanket policy imposed by parent company IAL so are just hitting all of their customers in one foul swoop. My policy is now cancelled, clearly not a valued customer from a company who used to be there for the motorcyclist. No longer..

Insurance claim madeNo

Head manager impolite and irrespectfull. Never again

I had an accident and it wasn't my fault.
I called straight swann and someone told i was covered for my phone and i should get my phone quotes.
Next day some called for say your personal items doesn't include phone, helmet or electronics. Very smart from them.
So i got quotes my phones 30$. So few days after I'm calling back and explain the story to an employee who gave me her head manager who was totally disrespectful. Doesn't let me explain my story and say we don't covered it and start to be very arrogant about the situation. She kept saying " We don't ...." many times without letting me explain anything. Very disrespectful and they really doesn't care about you but for cheap insurer. Don't expect much. Don't be foreigner because as French i felt being judge about my accent.
Never again.

Insurance claim madeYes

Easy to deal with, but communication could be better

My scooter was stolen from my locked garage. Contacted them right away and told them it was last seen hooning around with a couple of aboriginals on it. They transferred me straight to their total loss department. Put claim in straight away. I had to ring them a couple weeks later to find out the status of the claim and the lady seemed surprised saying someone should have gotten back to me a couple of days after the claim was lodged. She went over everything and the claim was paid out the next day. Of course, just happened to be the same day my scooter was recovered dumped in bushland. A little worse for wear, but lucky for me, it was their property now, so they had to arrange towing. Overall, I was quite happy with the service, and will consider using them when I get my next scooter.

The worst experience!!!

In my experience with this company they were rude, sarcastic, unprofessional especially when it came to loan protection policy do your research take your time and don't even bother choosing this company I'm $30,000 in dept due to swans negligence and currently I'm currently in contact with a financial ombudsman and department of fair trading.

Insurance claim madeYes

This is the worst. No explanation!!!

Gave my driving history to them 3 weeks ago as requested and they have not done anything with it. Called this morning to ask how my claim was progressing and was told that no one had looked at my driving history yet. When I asked why? I was told there is no reason at all they just haven't done it. Will loose my job at the end of this week because I don't have transport. They don't seem to care. Claim is taking forever for no reason.

Never again.

My car was assessed as a total loss at the fault of someone else. The entire process was handled so poorly i believe. Every time I called to find out where my claim was at I was generally dealing with unpleasant staff. After the run around between chasing money from the other insurance company involved (AIMMI who i consider are twice as bad).. I was unfairly short changed about 350 for personal damages. Since insuring with Swann I have heard so many similar stories. Never again. RAC sounds like the company to go with in future

Insurance claim madeYes

Don't use them .... Communication is a THE Worst !!!

Car total write off, out of pocket expenses amounted to $2,000. Told would be 3 to 5 business days into our account. Day 5 rang and requested proof it was on its way to be told ok would email. 3 hours later rang back due to no email to be told, sorry system problem last week money not actually gone, on phone nearly an hour trying to resolve. Eventually told "should be", "hopefully" will be the following day. Tried to escalate to a manager but they wouldn't put us through, kept asking if they could ring us back ... Err no, we are not hanging up the call until this has been sorted. Don't touch this company !!! New car insured elsewhere now !!

Simply the WORST

It was the other drivers fault 100%, Swann was his company, we had no insurance, too poor this year.
Worst ever, rude, aggressive and bullying tactics applied through entire ordeal. Attempted to not pay for the hire car and pay a very low value for our vehicle. Almost never responded to emails, rude on the phone, telling us we were no priority and we can just wait!
DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER THIS COMPANY FOR YOUR OWN SAKE.

Terrible

Terrible experience getting a claim from Swann. Finding another insurer. Don't trust a company to insure your motor vehicle when their niche seems to be motorbike claims. What a waste of my money.

Insurance claim madeYes

Can you get back your excess back if those involved with the theft of you motor bike are Caught and charged?
Hi Mafia, apologies for the delay. In regards to the refund of your excess on a theft Claim, we can refund the excess if the offender has been charged and convicted of the offence. Hope this helps, please let us know if you need any further information. Kind Regards, Lynda - Swann InsuranceI was advised that this is not the case, as the FOI act does not allow for disclosure of the offenders name, even once convicted. My bikes thief was caught red handed, but unfortunately the damage he'd already caused was enough to make it a total loss. I am out of pocket roughly $1300 after my insurance payout (that's another story), and I have been informed that the only way I can recover this expense is to seek restitution through the courts.Thanks, I am out a similar amount, and also forgot that my glasses, balaclava and other stuff were in the top box! Will never use swan again! As I should not have to pay the theft excess if caught!

Does the comprehensive policy cover anywhere be who rides my bike?
Hi Boo, thanks for getting in touch with us. You are covered for anyone with a valid motorcycle license who rides your bike unless you have a named rider discount applied to your policy (meaning only the insured, mechanic or repairer can ride your motorcycle). Depending on the rider, there may be additional excesses that apply in the event of a claim, for example if they are under the age of 25 an age excess would be applied in addition to your basic excess. You can easily check additional excess that may apply in our PDS (which can be found on our website) or by calling us on 13RIDE (137433). If you'd like us to contact you, simply inbox us your name and contact number and we'll be in touch. Hope this helps with your query, please let us know if you'd like further information. Kind Regards, Lynda - Swann Insurance.

I was hitting by a car when I ride my mt07 last Friday. I’ve already lodged a claim online and also got the claim number from the guy who was hitting me. This morning I received a email from Swann Insurance. They told me that they arranged someone instructed to inspect and authorise repairs to my bike. And I need to pay $500 to the repairer? I’m the victim in this accident! Is this normal?
Hi Bear, thanks for getting in touch with us. We would like to look into this for you however in order to check your policy details we need some further information. Can you please send us a private message with your policy and contact number? Once we have these details we can get back to you. Regards, Swann Insurance.Get back to me? Liar! I’ve sent several email and you guys never reply me! Can you explain what’s going on?

Similar listings