Swann Insurance

Swann Insurance (page 2 of 8)

Terrible

This is the first i am writing a review as they are just really bad. My bike got vandalised and I had a comprehensive insurance with them but couldn't claim any money. They said its my own fault and will not honor the claim. My mechanics have testified it but still no resolution. Crap insurance, waste of money.

Addax

AddaxWA, 6076

Swann looked after me - I'm now a loyal customer

I had a motorcycle accident a couple months back and was hospitalised. I called Swann Insurance and they were extremely helpful, courteous, and took care of everything for me.

They arranged for the bike to be examined and assessed at the police vehicle pound, gave a reasonable value assessment, organised for it to be transferred, and once written off, they organised for the rego plates to be returned to the Dept of Transport. I was kept well informed throughout the process and had to do very little.

Their premiums were reasonable and their online quoting/renewal process is seamless.

They have me as a loyal customer (once I get another bike of course!).

Ian L

Ian L

I honestly wish I could give it a Negative Five Star

Insurance claim madeYes

6 weeks to pay out a claim and still counting! They are fast to switch the blame to me..

Still waiting on payout. The bike was written off 4 weeks ago and they are waiting on finance payout. One would think they would follow up after a week but no they just say it’s my finance that’s holding them up.. yet took them 3-4 weeks to send off the request! Have been telling everyone I know with bikes to stay well clear of them and with some luck this will help.

Igor Rosic

Igor RosicSydney

1 happy customer

My motorbike was stolen on a Saturday. I reported the theft to Swann insurance on Monday.
One week after making the claim, the money was in my bank account.
No hassles, no fuss and great service!

Thank you Swann Insurance!

Brendan

BrendanPeregian Springs

No loyalty rewards from Swann

I have had my bike insured with Swann for the last 15 or so years and never had a claim. This renewal was the worst. Their market value - I couldn't even find a bike like mine for that amount. I queried it and got silence, spinifex! So I shopped around and quickly got much better coverage(double the value) for less premium and a quarter of the excess. So I cancelled and moved on . They used to be good, but not anymore! Shop around.

Lionel

LionelHervey Bay

Ripped off by Gap Cover Swann Insurance

Don't take this insurance

I had made a claim with Swann insurance company to help me about of an incident that a girl made me fall slightly when i left a parkinglot.
They received one ridiculously expensive quote from peter stevens kensington and automatically wrote off my bike which had a slight scratch in the exhaust and on one side of the fairing. I said to them I would like to get another quote before writing off the bike but their answer was they had already written off my bike. They took my motorbike to altona without my permission, it couldn't be reversed.
Finally with so much trouble with this worst company, i got the bike back.
I believe that the motorbike is fine to road. Just it has some slight scratches that are not considerable as written off.

OUTSTANDING!!

After reading these reveiws and then getting into a accident I thought I was going to go through a very hard and stressful time with swann but shocked out how outstanding they were, my claim was finalised and paid out in about a week and a half COMPLETELY satisfied with the customer service thanks swann for a hassle free claim :) :)

Tony Sterling

Tony SterlingParaburdoo

Do not use Swann Insurance

They received one ridiculously expensive quote and automatically wrote off my bike which had a dent in the tank and scratches on one side of the fairing. I said to them I would like to get another quote before writing off the bike. Their answer was they had already written off my bike and it couldn't be reversed.

WORST company EVER.

My bike got stolen and recovered in January. Nearly 8 months later countless, phone calls, wasting of time and being given the run around my claim has still not been finalised every week there is an excuse or the staff are away blah blah blah there is always an excuse with this company.

Insurance claim madeYes

The epitome of excrement. Terrible service and value.

Insurance claim madeYes

Worse service ever experienced, WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!!

We have been dealing with a claim now for 6 months, your client ran into us, Swann insurance have been messing us around for months now...beyond a joke. Just FIX OUR CAR!! Rude staff on the phone and they don't care that they are inconveniencing people.

Excellent! Surprised by the bad reviews, Really am

I've had swann insurance for the last 5 years, 3 claims with them and even when I was at fault was quickly paid or quickly repaired my bike when it needed repairs.
recently rang them up to change my bike from market value to agreed value. Told me it was outside of their price range and recommended another policy which is only available via phone. Managed to insure it for 2k more for the same price.

CJw

CJwMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excremental Customer Service

Insurance claim madeYes

Not sure whose fault it is.

$10,200 worth of damages to a $13,000 bike and they are repairing it. Parts are on order and have been for a month with no one able to let me know when I will be back on the bike. On top of that they made me organise the tow of the bike to a repairer and insinuated I pay for it, while I was laid up in hospital.

Mal

MalBallarat

Terrible

I have had my motorcycle insured with Swann for 13 years since purchased new. Never claimed a cent never had contact with Swann just kept paying the premiums. Today I received my policy and see the excess has risen 25% in one hit. I rang the company to understand why and it is just a blanket policy imposed by parent company IAL so are just hitting all of their customers in one foul swoop. My policy is now cancelled, clearly not a valued customer from a company who used to be there for the motorcyclist. No longer..

Chris Polomack

Chris PolomackGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Head manager impolite and irrespectfull. Never again

wraith73

wraith73Perth, WA

Easy to deal with, but communication could be better

Ben

Ben

The worst experience!!!

In my experience with this company they were rude, sarcastic, unprofessional especially when it came to loan protection policy do your research take your time and don't even bother choosing this company I'm $30,000 in dept due to swans negligence and currently I'm currently in contact with a financial ombudsman and department of fair trading.

Phil H.

Phil H.asked

Insurance cost for 17 Triumph Tiger Explorer XCA 800.

Rebecca G.Swann Insurance

Hi Phil, we can most definitely assist you there, however there are a few factors that go in to creating a quote other than the bike itself. I would recommend giving us a call on 13RIDE (137433) to discuss. Alternatively you can jump over to www.swanninsurance.com.au and get a quote online.
Kind regards, Rebecca - Swann Insurance

Phil H.

Phil H.asked

What insurance costs for 2017 Triumph TIGER Explorer XCA
Comprehensive cover.

Kind regards, Rebecca - Swann Insurance

Mafiaasked

Can you get back your excess back if those involved with the theft of you motor bike are Caught and charged?

Rebecca G.Swann Insurance

Hi Mafia, apologies for the delay. In regards to the refund of your excess on a theft Claim, we can refund the excess if the offender has been charged and convicted of the offence. Hope this helps, please let us know if you need any further information. Kind Regards, Lynda - Swann Insurance

Martin M
Martin M

I was advised that this is not the case, as the FOI act does not allow for disclosure of the offenders name, even once convicted. My bikes thief was caught red handed, but unfortunately the damage he'd already caused was enough to make it a total loss. I am out of pocket roughly $1300 after my insurance payout (that's another story), and I have been informed that the only way I can recover this expense is to seek restitution through the courts.

Mafia

Thanks, I am out a similar amount, and also forgot that my glasses, balaclava and other stuff were in the top box! Will never use swan again! As I should not have to pay the theft excess if caught!

Get an answer from our members and Swann Insurance representatives