Swann SWADS-WVDP720CM

Swann SWADS-WVDP720CM

See the Best Door Security in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

unreliable and cheaply made, with poor support

The doorbell initially looks like a decent unit, it has built in memory, and can be hardwired, the App seems to work Ok, I had issues with the first unit as the mounting plate is poorly designed, and the tabs can snap off easily, the security screw is also a joke, seldom works, especially if you are consistently removing the unit to charge it. It flattens the inbuilt battery in about a week or so, but there is the option of hardwiring it to a transformer, the wire connections are also poorly designed, and hard to connect as they are front mounted instead of rear mounted. The first unit I bought would not connect to wifi, I ended up taking it back and getting a replacement that connected with no issues. The remote chime unit however was faulty, and would not stay paired to the doorbell, Swann Tech Support are organising a replacement chime unit that will hopefully work.

Purchased in June 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $132.00.

Functionality
Night Vision
Connectivity / Reliability
Ease of Installation
Motion Detection

Unreliable mobile notification

Mobile iPhone notification success rate is less than 10%. So one out of ten button presses, only one notification received at most, or nothing at times (even interval of presses are more than 5mins). I bought two of these doorbells from Harvey Norman, as a test I press each doorbell every morning and at night, mostly only one notification received, one or the other doorbell has no notification.

For such an essential function of this product but it’s not doing it well.
Further, there’s a lag of about 5 to 8 seconds before the live video appears in mobile. Both of these issues makes the product not fit for purpose.

Also it would be good if the phone rings (instead of just notification) as there’s actually someone waiting for an immediate response on the other end.

The video quality, motion detection, the chimes, and the app works fine. I like where cloud subscription is not required.

Until Swann fixes these problems, I’m not replacing my current doorbells and drilling holes on the walls. Maybe I'll return this sooner than later.

The Swan website didn’t publish my review on this product.