Swann Wireless Door Chime with Compact Backlit Design SWHOM-DC810B

Swann Wireless Door Chime with Compact Backlit Design SWHOM-DC810B

Ridiculous battery usage

I had problems with the battery, to the point where I thought there should be something wrong with my copy. The batteries were running out every week. Being a wireless bell, I decided to move the parts closer together to see if that affects the batteries, and what do you know!! I have not replaced the batteries for a few months now (think about 6 months).

Still not happy though as the main point of being wireless is to put it wherever you want.

Wow - and not in a good way.

Have had the unit for 6 months after purchasing a so called "name brand". Have replaced the batteries 3 times and they have just gone again. The funny part is that we have a camera and get the door before they even get a chance to ring the bell. 4 sets of batteries? Come on Swann are you getting money from the battery companies?

rubbish!!!

Just read the other reveiws...Sorry Swann but you should test your products before release!!!!! Won't be buying anything else Swann as a result!!!! only had mine two hours and it goes off by its self. Time for a refund.

Extremely disappointed with this product

I purchased one of these from Bunnings, my mother and I were going through the chimes and as soon as we heard 'Under The Sea' we were excited and very happy with our purchase (we're a Dis fam) however I had great difficulty setting it as our doorbell chime, later that night just before 12am as we're falling asleep the doorbell went off, then again 10 minutes later, no one was pressing the doorbell and there was nothing that could have been interfering, I ended up removing the batteries and returning the product to Bunnings. I'm very upset as I was looking forward to having 'Under a The Sea' play whenever someone rang the doorbell, I was considering buying one of the more expensive Swann doorbells or intercom systems but I'm afraid that the same thing will happen and I'll just be wasting my time :(

Goes on and on

On the upside, it looks sleek does what it is meant to.
Bought it for two reasons as a wireless non-plug-in option:
Adjustable Volume ...
16 Chimes... thought that would make it easy to find a likeable one
Turns out Adjustable Volume means just two possible settings: Loud; and not quite so loud.
The 16 Chimes - apart from Ding Dong (and Westminster if you just have to have that one) - are just annoying! They go on and on. I just want a simple chime - variations on ding dong that lasts about 3 seconds. This has ringtones that go for at least 10 seconds and I find myself cringing at the thought of hearing that stupid tune each time someone visits.
Putting all the chimes on the manufacturer's website would help sort out the junk. :(

Absolute rubbish!!!

For a company that prides itself on security, this doorbell is rubbish!!! Kept having to replace the batteries,every 3 weeks. Gave up & bought a $9 unit that works perfectly. Don't waste your money on this one. I wanted to give it a "no star" rating, but it wouldn't let me. Its the only reason, it got 1 star.

Expensive & useless.