TABSydney, NSW

Disappointed

Ordered shutters in November - told they would be ready to be installed in week of 7/1/19 (in time for party). Rang SBS 7/1/19 to be told the fitter had gone on leave for three weeks! Now cannot be installed as promised. Very disappointed in fitter [name removed].

DonaldSydney

Poor Customer Service

MIBSydney Surrounds, NSW

Hopeless!

I was very disappointed with their service!
It took a month for our door to arrive...
Then I caught the guy installing it adding no gap filler with his finger to try to hide a corner that did not match up properly. Then saw areas on the door which were not painted/done properly.
I asked if he was going to fix all this and he said he'd have to take the door away.
I said fine, take it and it took several weeks to get what we originally paid for.
All this with many emails back and forth to them and NEVER did they offer a discount or made any gesture to compensate for their mistake and the inconvenience.
I would not recommend buying from them.

Sydney Blinds & ScreensSydney Blinds

HI please advise me your order number (MST.... ) as I would like see exactly what has happened. You can contact me directly at sarahw@sydneyblinds. I will get back to you immediately. Thanking you in advance. Sydney Blinds

MIB

Hello, this was about 2.5 years ago, I did not keep paperwork as I was not planning on using your company again. A bit late to do anything about it now

Blind & Shutter Shops

Find out how Sydney Blinds compares to other Blind & Shutter Shops

Gone Downhill

This company was a good one and i have used them for several homes in the past BUT not now! The appointment was made without a problem, but the rep was rude when he rang and unfriendly when he came to the house,i the rang Half Price Shutters ( see that review) for a second quote,no problem. I asked the Sydney Blinds rep to give me a few days to think things over but he rang me that night at 8pm wanting a decision,needless to say i couldn't go with this company. An unpleasant,unprofessional experience.

sandra

sandrawhalan

dissappointed

After confirming my appointment for them to install my curtains they never showed up this happend twice when I rang to find out why they could not explain saying my appointment dropped off their system. The curtains dont reflect the sample I was shown they look terrible not to mention the blind doesnt cover the window properly. I paid my hard earned money on something that looks terrible
to get a qote no problem they turn up when convenient with me no matter how early
looks like somebody has slept on it not smooth looking like the sample piece

Don't recommend

Ordered roller blinds from these guys and they were installed on time and exactly what we wanted. However, they accidentally broke our fly screen door while installing the blinds. They have "repaired" it twice and I'm still not happy. All I want is it restored to the same condition but two months later it's impossible and I'm giving up. Don't use them

Poor quality

Poor qualityThe Hills

Poor quality

I had used Sydney blinds x3 before & been happy. The last occasion was not a satisfactory outcome .
There were large gaps between the blind & the architrave which sunlight shone through in the early morning . Edges of the blinds became threadbare very quickly. Poor quality material & workmanship that I had not experienced before.

Sydney Blinds has been sold to new owners in the last 18 months which could explain the change in quality of product.
I have sought another company for the current blinds I require.
Good choice of colours
Poor measurement, large gaps, blinds became threadbare quickly, poor quality material

Avinash Singh

Avinash SinghSydney, NSW

Not in the system !

I agree the service is unprofessional. Ordered 5 x Vertical blinds with Fabric track inserts and paid for
them in full, only to find the inserts were not supplied. When telephoned they said "It is not in our system!" Faxed my copy of the order to prove it was there.Still awaiting action, visited them and was told : "It is now in the system". When they will supply ? No definite date given !
Inexpensive
Poor service

No customer service

Ordered numerous blinds ($4k), firstly colour no longer available. After changing order had to contact them about 8 weeks later to find out where they are, amazingly they had arrived. Installer arrived but didn't have all the blinds, others left in warehouse. Had to organise another day off, thought just morning off but apparently they didn't write down that they told me they would be installed first thing in the morning, when they didn't turn up I had to ring them to find out booked in middle of day. Pricing may be reasonable but would pay more for some customer service as Sydney Blinds & Screens do not have any.
Price
Customer service no existent, you have to work around them and contact them to organise everything.

Blind & Shutter Shops

Find out how Sydney Blinds compares to other Blind & Shutter Shops

starkey

starkeyasked

where do i input code mst 690057 regards starkey

Sydney Blinds & ScreensSydney Blinds

Hello Starkey - We have just seen your review and can make the note on your file of the feedback and add your details for the monthly draw. The draw takes place during the first week of the following month and all entrants are contacted by telephone following the draw. Thank you again for the kind review and good luck in the draw. Regards, Sydney Blinds & Screens

does this mean that all good comments for this company are left by people who are participating in some kind of a lottery organised by the company????

Martin

Martinasked

Hi, If I ordered 10 Roman Blinds today or at the latest by Monday 9th Nov, how long would it take to manufacture and install them in my Sydney home please?

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your enquiry. We can start the process of check measure and manufacture but unfortunately we are booked out until Christmas so the install would have to be early next year. Please let us know if we can assist you any further.

Sydney Blinds and Screens

Sunshine

Martin you are very fortunate. Many people get caught by this company. Fate has been good to you. Go to another company and avoid the inevitable stress and disappointment that you will encounter here.

MB33

I would not use this company. Terrible, dishonest and unprofessional. Save yourself a lot of stress and heartache and use someone else. Matt

Sueanne

Sueanneasked

I have previously used your company many times over the years My mum warned me that your service was terrible I was shocked as I had always been very satisfied Can you explain why so many customer reviews are SO bad? I am wanting a number of new blinds and I need you to convince me that your service is as good as it used to be otherwise I'll go elsewhere
Sue

Sydney Blinds & ScreensSydney Blinds

Thanks Sue for giving us an opportunity to respond in order to retain your business. Our company has been through a recent transition which included a review of our internal customer service processes. We would really like to prove to you that we have addressed some issues we found, and that we are making positive steps to improvement . Please speak to Susan on 9636 1555 regarding the products you would are looking at, and we know she will look after you, and make sure you are happy with the products and service just as you have always enjoyed.

Sunshine

No, she won't and when (not if) it all goes wrong she won't even return your call. It's no fun having your hard earned money taken, constant problems, stress, rude lying customer service, asking for your money back and being denied, being threatened - even with court - if you don't pay up the other 50%, being frightened to the point where your health is impacted and all because the supplier took your money and never bothers to call again once they have the 50% deposit. Expect to do all the phoning. They take away any trust in human beings. Felt preyed upon. Worst experience with a supplier ever. Save yourself the grief and look elsewhere. Make sure you do your research. Good luck. I wouldn't recommend this firm to a worst enemy.

MB33

I agree with Sunshine. This company is attrocious. They are by far the worst experience I have ever had with a company in any industry. They are exceptionally rude and deceitful. Save yourself a lot of stress and chasing up by going with another company.

Get an answer from our members and Sydney Blinds representatives