2.0

• Smell

Unhappy

UnhappyVictoria

Worst product conceivable

Bought one unit about a year ago and the electricity supply cable Was faulty and the switch light kept going on and off. Ditched it and bought another unit about 2 weeks ago (August 2020) and gues what ? Same issue. Utter crap I want a total refund for both units.

Purchased in August 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for A$48.90.

Evan

EvanSouth East Queensland, QLD

This should be recalled before ot kills someone.

I only half fill it and still spits boiling water. Ruined my carpet with boiling water spitting out. Burnt my sons hand from super hot small stream vent. Very loud and no one can sleep with it on. Safety switch doesn't work because the faulty design spits water directly to the electrical switch. I wake up with it smelling like burnt plastic because it doesn't turn off when it runs out of water. This company should recall this badly designed product before it kills someone.

Purchased in March 2018 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for A$69.00.

Noise Level
Smell
Sue

SueQueensland

Dangerous product and company couldn't care less

• +1

Purchased in October 2016 at Chemist Warehouse for A$79.99.

Noise Level
Smell
Vaporisers

DANGEROUS !

Worked OK for a few months, started spurting water, soaked the carpet and a burnt smell. Cleaned and checked it only to get an electric shock.
DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT

Purchased in May 2019 for A$50.00.

Smell
walkinstead

walkinsteadSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

So noisy

Bought this product for adult with sinus. So noisy, sounds like the kettle is boiling all night and won't shut off. Can't open to clean. I read a few reviews and nobody said it was noisy.

Purchased in September 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store for A$46.00.

Hedy

HedyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unfortunately, it stopped working well after only a few uses

After working perfectly well a few times (quiet and effective), my unit began making loud, bubbling sounds. A few times later, the bubbling sounds changed to become very loud, periodic bursts at very short intervals keeping us awake. Upon further investigation, I found my carpet soaked through and hot bubbling water running down to the on/off switch. I thought the unit needed cleaning, so I bought the Taav cleaning tablets, only to find that I couldn't fit the tablets in the grill. I looked up the Taav Pro website...and found that others have had the same experience with the bubbling over and the tablets. Can't remember what I paid for it, but that's bubbled away, for sure! I will not be buying this product again.

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse.

Chanel Forbes

Chanel ForbesGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dangerous!

I used Taav for a week with my 3mo’s first cold. We woke up with the room really hazy and a burnt electrical smell. We had really dry and sore sinuses. Dangerous, don’t buy!

Purchased in July 2019 at Chemist Warehouse.

Jenny L

Jenny LWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Unable to clean

I don't like this product. I crushed the cleaning tablets because they don't fit through the grill. I noticed mould on the base but because it's a sealed unit I can't get to the mould to clean it. I soaked in Hydrogen Peroxide and water but the mould is still there. Useless product!! I will throw it in the bin, not paying to send it back, especially after reading the other reviews.....fire!!

Purchased in March 2018 at Chemist Warehouse for A$50.00.

Jaimee

JaimeePerth

Helped my newborn

We purchased this product when our 2 week old baby got a cold and had nasal congestion impacting on his ability to sleep and feed. Given he was too young to use any medications or anything else this was very helpful and has been since when he got another cold at 5-6 weeks old. It’s also helped my husband with his congestion and helped ease his snoring. A great product.

Snap

SnapSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wouldn’t recommend

Purchased this after my well used Euky Bear stopped working after many years. I liked that it was more compact & has an on/off switch on the unit. That’s where the positives stop. It’s difficult to fill without spilling & the overfill goes straight down to the electrical socket area. It doesn’t stay on all night as the cut off switch seems to come on when there is still around a quarter tank of water left. You have to cut up the cleaning tablets to get them in & there doesn’t seem to be a way to remove the lid for a proper clean. It is reasonably quiet when it operates & seems to distribute the oil smell for a while when first switched on. I’m quite disappointed & will be purchasing another brand to replace.

Faulty

Ive purchased 4 vapor pros in the last 2 years...all 4 had faulty switches after a few months and left puddles of water....chemist wouldn't refund and said I had to go through warranty card..I contacted company who wouldn't cover posting to them do they could assess.I was also told they wouldn't provide a replacement while I waited for them to assess the fault and they couldn't give a timeframe when they would assess the fault on the vaporizer. They then didn't reply to any other emails I sent.

Chloe

ChloeRosewood

Don’t buy

It gets way too hot burnt my son hand bad, he might need skin graph. Do not buy for any use specially for children just giving everyone some advice thanks.

Ambiexx

AmbiexxCanberra Central 2602, ACT

Spitting water

I’ve used vaporisers all my life and never had any issues. This one is so dangerous as it spits boiling water. Do not leave on overnight, very loud and dangerous.

Bruce R.

Bruce R.Newcastle NSW

A great resource for colds & congestion

We plugged in and had a great nights sleep. Easy to clean. Used with vap. fluid, such a relief. The unit did have problems however. It was the plug in lead only. This needs to be pushed in properly. I wouldn't be without this machine now- it's stable, easy to fill & clean.

ValGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic!

After 2 weeks of lung congestion and asthma, medical treatments and not able to sleep lying down I bought the Vaporiser.
Had it going all day, and then all night. Totally cleared the chest constriction by second night. Had sleep of 7 hours which was a godsend. Thankyou, I feel human again.
I did find the reset switch and instructions not user friendly, but kept trying until it worked.

bvz

bvzBunbury

grateful for information on the reviews

just purchased was a bit of a struggle to get the cord in so thought to leave the plug in. Worked well day 1. Today it was a bit confusing when the signal didn't light up. Reading these reviews here has helped; I have now unplugged and switched off for a bit. Struggled again with the plug into the vaporiser but the light is working.

Las

LasBrisbane

Short lifespan

After 10 days of use stopped working. When first stopped i read through the instructions that the unit need to reset after use (??) so i did wait and came on after 30 minutes. At second stop it was off for few hours and still dead. Not recommended product.

The cord brand new does not work at all

Used one daily for about two years. Brilliant for asthma control and general breathing. Unit got mouldy towards the end. Bought new one last night and the cord will not work st all. Used old cord and still works perfectly. Warning: try cord in store before purchase.

Vsav

VsavBallina

Burning electrical smell after 1 week

My 3 month old got her first cold. This product was recommended to us at chemist warehouse. The electrical burning smell started after 1 week! This product is DANGEROUS! Don't waste your money!!

Terrible

I have used this product for both of my children, and was never happy and cant believe I didn't read any reviews until now.
First vaporiser was leaking dark brown fluid from the bottom that was staining our carpet. I was worried about this and blamed myself - then went to buy another of the same product!
Worked ok for a little while but then the same brown fluid again! Together with a horrible smell which I didn't recognise, but now understand it was the burning plastic. Terrible product, very disappointing. I can't believe I purchased 2 of these products and both faulty.
I can't believe such a dangerous product would be left on the market.