Unable to clean
I don't like this product. I crushed the cleaning tablets because they don't fit through the grill. I noticed mould on the base but because it's a sealed unit I can't get to the mould to clean it. I soaked in Hydrogen Peroxide and water but the mould is still there. Useless product!! I will throw it in the bin, not paying to send it back, especially after reading the other reviews.....fire!!
Helped my newborn
We purchased this product when our 2 week old baby got a cold and had nasal congestion impacting on his ability to sleep and feed. Given he was too young to use any medications or anything else this was very helpful and has been since when he got another cold at 5-6 weeks old. It’s also helped my husband with his congestion and helped ease his snoring. A great product.
Purchased this after my well used Euky Bear stopped working after many years. I liked that it was more compact & has an on/off switch on the unit. That’s where the positives stop. It’s difficult to fill without spilling & the overfill goes straight down to the electrical socket area. It doesn’t stay on all night as the cut off switch seems to come on when there is still around a quarter tank of water left. You have to cut up the cleaning tablets to get them in & there doesn’t seem to be a way to remove the lid for a proper clean. It is reasonably quiet when it operates & seems to distribute the oil smell for a while when first switched on. I’m quite disappointed & will be purchasing another brand to replace.
Buy something else
Ive purchased 4 vapor pros in the last 2 years...all 4 had faulty switches after a few months and left puddles of water....chemist wouldn't refund and said I had to go through warranty card..I contacted company who wouldn't cover posting to them do they could assess.I was also told they wouldn't provide a replacement while I waited for them to assess the fault and they couldn't give a timeframe when they would assess the fault on the vaporizer. They then didn't reply to any other emails I sent.
It gets way too hot burnt my son hand bad, he might need skin graph. Do not buy for any use specially for children just giving everyone some advice thanks.
I’ve used vaporisers all my life and never had any issues. This one is so dangerous as it spits boiling water. Do not leave on overnight, very loud and dangerous.
A great resource for colds & congestion
We plugged in and had a great nights sleep. Easy to clean. Used with vap. fluid, such a relief. The unit did have problems however. It was the plug in lead only. This needs to be pushed in properly. I wouldn't be without this machine now- it's stable, easy to fill & clean.
After 2 weeks of lung congestion and asthma, medical treatments and not able to sleep lying down I bought the Vaporiser.
Had it going all day, and then all night. Totally cleared the chest constriction by second night. Had sleep of 7 hours which was a godsend. Thankyou, I feel human again.
I did find the reset switch and instructions not user friendly, but kept trying until it worked.
grateful for information on the reviews
just purchased was a bit of a struggle to get the cord in so thought to leave the plug in. Worked well day 1. Today it was a bit confusing when the signal didn't light up. Reading these reviews here has helped; I have now unplugged and switched off for a bit. Struggled again with the plug into the vaporiser but the light is working.
After 10 days of use stopped working. When first stopped i read through the instructions that the unit need to reset after use (??) so i did wait and came on after 30 minutes. At second stop it was off for few hours and still dead. Not recommended product.
The cord brand new does not work at all
Used one daily for about two years. Brilliant for asthma control and general breathing. Unit got mouldy towards the end. Bought new one last night and the cord will not work st all. Used old cord and still works perfectly. Warning: try cord in store before purchase.
Burning electrical smell after 1 week
My 3 month old got her first cold. This product was recommended to us at chemist warehouse. The electrical burning smell started after 1 week! This product is DANGEROUS! Don't waste your money!!
I have used this product for both of my children, and was never happy and cant believe I didn't read any reviews until now.
First vaporiser was leaking dark brown fluid from the bottom that was staining our carpet. I was worried about this and blamed myself - then went to buy another of the same product!
Worked ok for a little while but then the same brown fluid again! Together with a horrible smell which I didn't recognise, but now understand it was the burning plastic. Terrible product, very disappointing. I can't believe I purchased 2 of these products and both faulty.
I can't believe such a dangerous product would be left on the market.
When I first started using the taav vaporizer I thought it was great, I started to smell a very bad toxic burning wire smell and I opened the bottom to discover water had been leaking and all the wires were corroded, I contacted the company and they would take no responsibility instead telling me it was my fault for not cleaning it which was so untrue, I explained how it could of easily caught fire and they said it hasn't happened yet, well I can honestly say one day it will definitely happen, for your family's safety do not purchase this brand
Dangerous what is going on !!!
Worked fine first few goes now finding it spitting out the water I filled it up with came into a wet floor and it spitting water. Not good at all and makes it dangerous if you get up and stand on wet floor electrocution hazard
Found signs of burning after 2 day use.
Bought the TAAV T2008 on a Friday, and on Sunday just two days after, it already showed signs of burning. The plastic inside contained a burn spot and has an awful smell (smells like plastic burning). Already in the process of contacting the manufacturer and Chemist Warehouse for a possible refund or replacement.
This product should not be sold as it's a fire risk.
In the two days that we used it, it did its job so I guess that's the only positive thing I can say about this product.
I love this product as it has a huge water capacity and I dont have to worry about it through the night. I have had mine for 3 years and we use it a lot. I am however confused about having to cut the tablets in half otherwise they dont fit.
I have had it bubbling, over heating this is the worse unsafe product I have ever brought. It is meant to have a safety switch I have woken to it completely empty and still running. Now the water doesn't even evaporate and no steam comes out.
I brought two of these products this year for my both of my children's rooms. And they both leak from the bottom when you pick them up and move them to re fill leak badly...
Ok so far
I have read a few bad reviews on this product but so far so good. I mean I have not used this product to its maximum ability (ie have not gone to the maximum water level but a bit lower) and also kept turning it off say after 5-7 hours of operation and so far it has not given me any hints that it will burn itself as some others in here mention in their reviews. Time will tell
- ‹ Prev
- Next ›
Questions & Answers
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.