Talon Ant Killer Gel

Talon Ant Killer Gel

• Pet OwnerYes · No (11)

Ali M.

Ali M.Perth, WA

Finally found one that works..

We have had a major ant problem for a few years and have even had Rentokil treat the walls as they had moved into the wall cavities. I have tried Ant Rid and other products but the ants ignored it or even moved the dry crystals out the way. They actually seem attracted to the Talon and crowd round it, its been a few days and I notice the ant run is lessening. Would definitely recommend giving this a go.

Purchased in January 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse for $10.00.

not worth the money

We had small infestation in our Bathroom we used this product with hopes that it will do job but after 2 weeks the problem become even bigger now move to other areas of our house .
We clear everything removed any food or possible attraction for the ants put bits on all of there trails and gel nothing now looking to contact a specialist.

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles for $8.00.

Infested AreaBathroom and Kitchen
K M

K MCairns

It works.

I had an ant infestation on my balcony and kitchen. They were everywhere. I tried the usual surface sprays which did absolutely nothing unless sprayed directly on to the ants.

I found Talon Ant Killer Gel at Bunnings and decided to give it a try. I put 1cm strips of it in several places both inside and outside. A few ants came to take the bait and I really didn't think it was working. 24 hours later I noticed hundreds of dead ants on the kitchen floor and outside. The unwelcome live ants stopped appearing at the same time and now, two weeks after the first application of the gel I still haven't seen any live ants since then. However I am finding hundreds of dead ones gathered together on the floor every morning so it continues to work.

Purchased in June 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $8.00.

Infested AreaKitchen and Outdoors
Pest Control Products

Find out how Talon Ant Killer Gel compares to other Pest Control Products

Nathan

NathanHobart, TAS

Great product for the price

I had an infestation of small black house ants in the walls recently. I firstly sprayed the outside of the house with surface spray, as there were ants nests outside. This stopped further ants from moving into the walls or allowing another colony from starting up again. The rest of the nest that was inside the walls, I placed the talon ant gel next to the trails inside the house and allowed the ants to eat the bait until it was gone. I had to use nearly the whole syringe and place the bait for multiple days, but it has rid the ants in my house. Very happy with the product and will use it again.

Purchased in April 2020 for $8.00.

Infested AreaBathroom and Kitchen
Anthony

AnthonyNew South Wales

Did not work with tiny brown ants

As stated in other reviews if you have small brown ants, don't bother.

I followed the instructions, put the gel in locations I the ants had been visiting. They came out later and just walked around the gel. One or two showed a bit of interest before continuing on.

Purchased in February 2020 at Woolworths for $7.00.

Infested AreaKitchen
Higsby

HigsbySouth East Queensland, QLD

The dogs ********

I've tried all sorts but Talon is the only one that works in a short time and lasts for a reasonably long time. Very easy to use. Good bye queen and your little devils.

Purchased in February 2020 for $8.00.

Jay

JayPerth, WA

Only Works on Some Species

If you have small brown ants, try something else!

If you have medium size black ants, this product is irresistible!

I used this product on both the medium sized black and small sized brown ants (same tube, same day, different locations outside).

Worked well on black ants. The small black ants surrounded all the 4 x ~5mm bait stations near the main entrance and gorged themselves. They couldn't stop eating the bait until it was all consumed.

Didn't work on small brown ants!!!
I applied on the paths the small brown ants were using. They then went around the baits and did not consume.

Purchased in February 2020 at Woolworths for $13.00.

Faith2407

Faith2407Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Wish I could give it more stars

Purchased in January 2020 at Woolworths for $8.00.

Infested AreaBathroom, Bedroom, Kitchen and Living/Dining Room
CJ114

CJ114South East Queensland, QLD

Best thing since sliced bread!

Read the reviews here as we had an ant infestation outside and I didn't want them being an annoyance on Christmas day.
Went and bought 2 packs (there was no way one would be enough!) Well, I used the first pack and in half an hour - no more ants! Still have the second pack unopened!

Brilliant product.

Purchased in December 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for $6.35.

Pest Control Products

Find out how Talon Ant Killer Gel compares to other Pest Control Products

Reg

RegSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cost of product.

Yes it seems to have some effect in reducing the infestation but my gripe is the price for such a minute quantity. Please Selleys, market a bigger pack at a more reasonable cost per gram.

Purchased in March 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for $8.00.

Dwayne C.

Dwayne C.South East Queensland, QLD

The only product that works

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $9.00.

Infested AreaKitchen, Living/Dining Room and Outdoors

Tony P.

Tony P.asked

What is the treatment if you get some on your skin?

Lisa

no big deal, just wash it off.

Maurice B.

Maurice B.asked

We have been poisoning ants in our home with talon ant gel for over a week now, ants just love it however still no sign of any effect on the ant numbers. We have used three syringes so far but the ants are still there. How long does it take before the ants start to die?

Penelope S.
Penelope S.

Hi Maurice,
My ants died within a day there were no more ants.
I put a little in various locations around their ant trail, so if they missed one, they would get to another.
I guess you need to get to the queen, If you can find the trail closest to the queen I would put quite a bit there and do not leave other food lying around, like dog/cat food etc.

Lisa

The ants you are battling are probably may be Argentine ants, tiny bronze coloured things, They build super colonies. There are multiple queens in the colony. If your infestation is severe it will take time and patience. Baiting is more effective during winter months as natural food sources become harder to find. Learning all that you can, there is plenty of information online about any pest species online, leaves you better equipped to understand and therefore control them.

Annie C.

Annie C.asked

How toxic is Talon for people and the environment

Marnz
Marnz

Harmful to pets and children, don't know about the environment but guessing since its a chemical then yes. Disposal is wrap in paper then put in a plastic bag then bin.

CategoryPest Control Products