Talon Ant Killer Gel

Talon Ant Killer Gel

• Pet OwnerYes (13) · No
Movie Buf

Movie BufIllawarra, NSW

Best I have found for black ants.

Easy to use and effective when used as per directions. I have only had success with black ants where it worked perfectly. Not useful for brown ants. I am still looking for something that does work with brown ants.

Purchased in November 2020 for $10.00.

Infested AreaOutdoors
Carol and Alan Benussi

Carol and Alan BenussiCentral Queensland, QLD

This is fantastic

used this inside and outside house also in pot plants had great success rate need to place in path of ants
Would definitely recommend this product
Easy to use no mess

Purchased in September 2020 at green shed yeppoon for $11.95.

Infested AreaBathroom and Outdoors

Penelope S.Sydney, NSW

Fantastic

I have an ant problem and saw the advertisement and bought it to try it out.
If the dogs didn't eat their food the ants would attack the food within the hour.
I would spray with surface spray but they would come back. If I left something on the sink, they would be there. I read the instructions and it said not to leave food around one you put the gel down. So I picked up the dog biscuits and made sure there was no other food.
The ants were gone within a day.
Fantastic stuff.

Purchased in February 2020 at Woolworths for $7.99.

Pest Control Products

Find out how Talon Ant Killer Gel compares to other Pest Control Products

LisaHobart, TAS

Most effective Argentine ant control.

I’ve had a serious Argentine ant problem for years and have spent lots of money and tried everything. Best thing I’ve ever tried. Applied it to base of wheelie bin, by morning far fewer ants yet coming from further afield!

Purchased in February 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $6.35.

Infested AreaBedroom and Outdoors

MarnzPerth, WA

Best on the market

Purchased in February 2020 at Coles for $8.00.

Infested AreaBathroom, Bedroom, Kitchen and Living/Dining Room
DWEL

DWEL

Worked amazingly!

My kitchen was teeming with ants entering through gaps in the window. After I set a few drops along the ant trail and near it's nest, they were gone in a single day! I was so impressed. Still have half of it left even though all the ants are gone. By far the best product I have tried. Even though it's a small amount for quite a lot of money, the amount they give should last a while.

Caz

CazEAST GOSFORD

Didn't attract the ants

I put the Talon ant gel where the small brown ants were coming from and around the cat food bowls they were eating the dry cat food and the wet food too. The ants just walked past the gel so I am looking for something else to kill them

Purchased in November 2019 at Coles for $8.00.

Mark

Mark

Ok but I have used better

Its ok but expensive.
I now use borax powder mixed with sugar or honey.
Borax is still the cheapest and most effective i have seen.
Ant sand is useless against these small black ants they trudge all over it with no effect.
Another very good deterrent is mortein professional spray in a 2.5 litre spray container and Pest Xpert Pro spray crawling that you get from bunnings ..But make sure its the one with the nozzle that flips up and that its the Crawling one not the flying insect one.

Infested AreaBathroom, Bedroom, Kitchen, Living/Dining Room and Outdoors
Summer48

Summer48Western Australia

Truely amazing!

I have never written a review but always like to read them. The reviews for this ant killer were all positive so I thought I'd give it ago in my garden. I had a large ant trail running between 2 potted plants about 8 meters long. I dotted the gel along the ant trail one evening and by morning, the ants had completely disappeared! It's amazing stuff and super easy to use.

Purchased in January 2020 at Woolworths for $8.00.

Infested AreaOutdoors
Pest Control Products

Find out how Talon Ant Killer Gel compares to other Pest Control Products

Works very well on household ants in SE Queensland

We put small amounts of the gel along ant trails and within minutes they encircle it and take it away apparently killing the nest. Sometimes ants of the same or a different type are seen exploring along the old trails and with the application of a bit more gel they disappear as well. Great stuff, too expensive, however, when you can't locate the nest for a good spray with liquid ant poison it is the next best option.

Purchased in December 2018 for $8.00.

Infested AreaKitchen, Living/Dining Room and Outdoors
Deb8177

Deb8177Melbourne

The Ants didn't touch it!

Squeezed it out in a few different places. Even into the gap where the ants were coming from. Not one ant went near it. The stuff just dried up and the ants continued on. Another waste of money.

Purchased in April 2019 for $7.00.

MikeG

MikeGSouth West, WA

Didn't work for me

We have tiny ants, they ignored Talon ant killer. I tested their preference with a number of different flavours from the kitchen. They weren't attracted to vegemite, honey, worcestershire sauce or Talon ant killer. They were somewhat attracted to BBQ sauce but went ape over peanut butter. I'm currently trying peanut butter and boric acid mixture. I also found that Talon ant killer dried up to a hard lump after a day.

Purchased in March 2019 at Coles for $8.00.

Infested AreaBathroom, Living/Dining Room and Outdoors
Debbie K.

Debbie K.Sydney, NSW

It really works.

The packing is changed to black unlike the photo above. I applied it indoor and outdoor at about noon. The ants were all gone in the evening. Thanks for the reviews in this website.

Purchased in February 2019 at Woolworths for $8.00.

Infested AreaKitchen and Outdoors

Tony P.

Tony P.asked

What is the treatment if you get some on your skin?

Lisa

no big deal, just wash it off.

Maurice B.

Maurice B.asked

We have been poisoning ants in our home with talon ant gel for over a week now, ants just love it however still no sign of any effect on the ant numbers. We have used three syringes so far but the ants are still there. How long does it take before the ants start to die?

Hi Maurice,
My ants died within a day there were no more ants.
I put a little in various locations around their ant trail, so if they missed one, they would get to another.
I guess you need to get to the queen, If you can find the trail closest to the queen I would put quite a bit there and do not leave other food lying around, like dog/cat food etc.

Lisa

The ants you are battling are probably may be Argentine ants, tiny bronze coloured things, They build super colonies. There are multiple queens in the colony. If your infestation is severe it will take time and patience. Baiting is more effective during winter months as natural food sources become harder to find. Learning all that you can, there is plenty of information online about any pest species online, leaves you better equipped to understand and therefore control them.

Annie C.

Annie C.asked

How toxic is Talon for people and the environment

Marnz

Harmful to pets and children, don't know about the environment but guessing since its a chemical then yes. Disposal is wrap in paper then put in a plastic bag then bin.

CategoryPest Control Products