Talon Ant Killer Gel

Talon Ant Killer Gel (page 3 of 4)

• Pet OwnerYes (13) · No (11)

ELJAY

ELJAYSydney, NSW

Not as effective as initially

I bought this when it first became available and it worked. The ants were attracted to it, " ate it" and they disappeared for "a while"
They are now back , have used the gel again in a couple different areas, this time they aren't even attracted to it and in fact avoid it, plus it dries up very quickly.
Disappointed

Lindam

LindamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Stuff

Results speak for themselves

This gel works well. Have been able to keep ants out doors, leaving the house ant free. Needs to be reapplied following rain. Ants can be very persistent. Highly recommend this product. cheers :)

Samantha

SamanthaSydney

It works really well

Ants have always been a problem at my childhood home. Thankfully, we came across the killer gel and started using it regularly in different parts of the house. This one is a bit more expensive than other insect killers but it works really well. In about less than a week, we were able to completely rid our house and property of ants.

Sam

SamAU

Works great for us

We get a lot of ants each year during the warm seasons. The ants are small and brown, but not tiny.

In our case, this product works very well. We place it at the ant trails outside, and it seems to last about a day before drying up or being completely eaten by the ants. The ants disappear after a day or two.

The product is expensive, but it works for us and the type of ants we get.

Doesn't actually work

Expensive. Which would be ok if it actually worked. But it doesn't.
Laid it down and left as instructed in an indoor area, but 8 days later there are still plenty of ants

Piztol

PiztolBNE

It works!

With a tiny portion of about 5mm long, and after about a day, the ants just gone!
Amazing.

Tried other powder etc.., can not compare with this at all.

Now I am so happy that No ants can drive me mad again!

Nik

NikSouth East Queensland, QLD

I had almost given up hope until I found this

ibamulRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Really works!

Grey Engineer

Grey EngineerQueanbeyan

It really works

We have had an ants nest for 30 years and tried everything to get rid of them after 2 syringes of Talon Ant Rid they are gone....brilliant wished I had tried this years ago.

Mike

Mike

I think it works.. maybe.

Seems to work if the ants actually take it, seems to lack a decent attractant, maybe put a drop of honey on it or something. If they don't scent it they'll just wander on past, which is annoying to watch.

Mick

Mick

Very good ant killer

We were nothing short of infested, nests in the roof & walls, brick boundary fence, TV and air conditioner. Tried other ant removing products which didn't work but it has taken 13 tubes of Talon ant gel so far and the ants have eaten most of it and seem to finally be thinning out, now the dead ants are starting to pile up, which is great to finally happen.

Annoyed L

Annoyed LSydney Surrounds, NSW

DOES NOT WORK

Very tiny black ants - I just saw two ants and plopped a bit of the gel near each one and watched them walk quickly away! They are supposed to eat the stuff and take it back to their nests. If they could each have hopped on a tiny motorcycle and speed away from the gel, I'm certain they would have. They won't go near the stuff. I put the gel down a few days ago and I'm still seeing the ants in the same area on the kitchen counter around the sink. If you think they're gone, look again ... and very closely with these tiny buggers, especially on a black counter top! It's Borax and sugar now (1 tbsp. of each in a jar lid)!!! Waste of money!

Shonna

Shonna

It's the best

This is the best stuff I have ever used for getting rid of ants. You're not left with dead ants to clean up the ants just disappear and don't come back. I would recommend this product to anyone that has an inside ant problem.

If it was a person I'd marry it!

Best stuff since sliced bread. Living in an area that has numerous ant varieties, I have found this to be the best product. Have tried all the ant powders, granules, ant rid etc. Hands down this beats the lot. Bull ants, green ants, black ants, have all mostly been eliminated. My biggest problem is that I have a huge colony beneath my double driveway. With the powder or granules, they just make another exit on the opposite side to the holes that have been treated. Talon gets taken back to the nest so I sometimes see 6 months go by without an ant problem.

Find out how Talon Ant Killer Gel compares to other Pest Control Products

It Works and i have used it heaps.

I use Ant Rid for the 1mm long Ants and Talon for the 2mm long Ants.
1mm long Ants do not like Talon at all but love Ant Rid.
2mm Long Ants do not like Ant Rid but love to eat Talon Gel.
I went to Woolys today and to my surprise didn't find any Talon on the Shelves so I will have to buy from EBay.

An absolutely superb product ruined by expensive packaging.

Talon Ant Killer Gel

Absolute junk use as directions said put in ants trails in kitchen and out side the ants all just walked around it never went near it still have ant problem

korando curious

korando curiousWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

great product that actually works

I recently purchased a new car with an ant problem, I bought a few tubes of this stuff. Placed some gel blobs around the car. Very soon the ants where eating the stuff. Next day, hundreds of dead ants on the floor. Well done Selleys.

MelJ

MelJ

Five Talon Tubes didn't have any noticeable effect

Tony P.

Tony P.asked

What is the treatment if you get some on your skin?

Lisa

no big deal, just wash it off.

Maurice B.

Maurice B.asked

We have been poisoning ants in our home with talon ant gel for over a week now, ants just love it however still no sign of any effect on the ant numbers. We have used three syringes so far but the ants are still there. How long does it take before the ants start to die?

Penelope S.
Penelope S.

Hi Maurice,
My ants died within a day there were no more ants.
I put a little in various locations around their ant trail, so if they missed one, they would get to another.
I guess you need to get to the queen, If you can find the trail closest to the queen I would put quite a bit there and do not leave other food lying around, like dog/cat food etc.

Lisa

The ants you are battling are probably may be Argentine ants, tiny bronze coloured things, They build super colonies. There are multiple queens in the colony. If your infestation is severe it will take time and patience. Baiting is more effective during winter months as natural food sources become harder to find. Learning all that you can, there is plenty of information online about any pest species online, leaves you better equipped to understand and therefore control them.

Annie C.

Annie C.asked

How toxic is Talon for people and the environment

Marnz
Marnz

Harmful to pets and children, don't know about the environment but guessing since its a chemical then yes. Disposal is wrap in paper then put in a plastic bag then bin.

CategoryPest Control Products