Talon Ant Killer Gel

Talon Ant Killer Gel

• Pet OwnerYes (1) · No (2)

not worth the money

We had small infestation in our Bathroom we used this product with hopes that it will do job but after 2 weeks the problem become even bigger now move to other areas of our house .
We clear everything removed any food or possible attraction for the ants put bits on all of there trails and gel nothing now looking to contact a specialist.

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles for $8.00.

Infested AreaBathroom and Kitchen
Pet OwnerNo
Jay

JayPerth, WA

Only Works on Some Species

If you have small brown ants, try something else!

If you have medium size black ants, this product is irresistible!

I used this product on both the medium sized black and small sized brown ants (same tube, same day, different locations outside).

Worked well on black ants. The small black ants surrounded all the 4 x ~5mm bait stations near the main entrance and gorged themselves. They couldn't stop eating the bait until it was all consumed.

Didn't work on small brown ants!!!
I applied on the paths the small brown ants were using. They then went around the baits and did not consume.

Purchased in February 2020 at Woolworths for $13.00.

Infested AreaOutdoors
Pet OwnerNo
Caz

CazEAST GOSFORD

Didn't attract the ants

I put the Talon ant gel where the small brown ants were coming from and around the cat food bowls they were eating the dry cat food and the wet food too. The ants just walked past the gel so I am looking for something else to kill them

Purchased in November 2019 at Coles for $8.00.

Infested AreaKitchen
Pet OwnerYes
Pest Control Products

Find out how Talon Ant Killer Gel compares to other Pest Control Products

Sue

SueBrisbane

In some areas it just doesn’t work

I have used Talon Ant Killer in Brisbane with some success. The ants in Brisbane were also attracted to Borax mixture but Talon worked better. Ok.
In North Queensland the ants just walk around Talon as they walk around Borax mixtures. I am desperate. So Talon seems to work in some areas on some ants but also is completely useless in other areas. Expensive and useless - sometimes.

ELJAY

ELJAYSydney, NSW

Not as effective as initially

I bought this when it first became available and it worked. The ants were attracted to it, " ate it" and they disappeared for "a while"
They are now back , have used the gel again in a couple different areas, this time they aren't even attracted to it and in fact avoid it, plus it dries up very quickly.
Disappointed

Tony P.

Tony P.asked

What is the treatment if you get some on your skin?

Lisa

no big deal, just wash it off.

Maurice B.

Maurice B.asked

We have been poisoning ants in our home with talon ant gel for over a week now, ants just love it however still no sign of any effect on the ant numbers. We have used three syringes so far but the ants are still there. How long does it take before the ants start to die?

Penelope S.
Penelope S.

Hi Maurice,
My ants died within a day there were no more ants.
I put a little in various locations around their ant trail, so if they missed one, they would get to another.
I guess you need to get to the queen, If you can find the trail closest to the queen I would put quite a bit there and do not leave other food lying around, like dog/cat food etc.

Lisa

The ants you are battling are probably may be Argentine ants, tiny bronze coloured things, They build super colonies. There are multiple queens in the colony. If your infestation is severe it will take time and patience. Baiting is more effective during winter months as natural food sources become harder to find. Learning all that you can, there is plenty of information online about any pest species online, leaves you better equipped to understand and therefore control them.

Annie C.

Annie C.asked

How toxic is Talon for people and the environment

Marnz
Marnz

Harmful to pets and children, don't know about the environment but guessing since its a chemical then yes. Disposal is wrap in paper then put in a plastic bag then bin.

CategoryPest Control Products